Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:14:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread  (Read 5237 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »

I thank you all for your endorsements and wishes of good luck. I think I heard something about voting beginning tomorrow. Is that true?

correct.

Quick questions.

What are your stances on the Firearms and Abortion bills?

Firearms: I believe in the Right to Bear Arms, though some obvious regulation is required.

Abortion: I am vehemently pro-life, and will do what I can to make Atlasia safe for the living. However, I'm not sure about the specifics of the constitution, and how it pertains to whether it's up to the regions or not.

I'm talking about specifically about the Firearms and Abortion bills we are currently debating though Smiley

I will have to quickly check the "Atlas Fantasy Government" Thread. Be right back.

Just got back from looking for bills. For the MidEast, I found the Taxing Abortion Act and the Firearms Safety Act, both of which, after a quick read, I generally support, though I would have to go back to hear everything about the nuances of the language. (I believe there is a debate about that for the Fire Arms Safety Act)

Hmm, conservatives supporting a new tax and liberals opposing it? Is this bizarro world? Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »

Congrats and your first election
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2010, 08:55:33 AM by Cathcon »

Congrats on your victory.

Your first race, is it not?

Thanks! Smiley And yes it is my first race.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

I thank you all for your endorsements and wishes of good luck. I think I heard something about voting beginning tomorrow. Is that true?

correct.

Quick questions.

What are your stances on the Firearms and Abortion bills?

Firearms: I believe in the Right to Bear Arms, though some obvious regulation is required.

Abortion: I am vehemently pro-life, and will do what I can to make Atlasia safe for the living. However, I'm not sure about the specifics of the constitution, and how it pertains to whether it's up to the regions or not.

I'm talking about specifically about the Firearms and Abortion bills we are currently debating though Smiley

I will have to quickly check the "Atlas Fantasy Government" Thread. Be right back.

Just got back from looking for bills. For the MidEast, I found the Taxing Abortion Act and the Firearms Safety Act, both of which, after a quick read, I generally support, though I would have to go back to hear everything about the nuances of the language. (I believe there is a debate about that for the Fire Arms Safety Act)

Hmm, conservatives supporting a new tax and liberals opposing it? Is this bizarro world? Tongue

Well, I don't know where you stand, but I don't view abortion as just a normal act of commerce. That's why I would support taxing it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2011, 04:34:47 PM by Papistcon »

Well, I am running for re-election. My political positions have very few changes from those previously listed. Here you can ask for my positions, question them, as me questions, endorse me, or whatever the heack you feel like doing in response to my candidacy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »

Cross-regional endorsement!!! Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2011, 12:48:39 AM »

Endorsed man.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »

Thank you! Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »

Questions or Comments?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »

No.  Only an endorsement Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »

how has your time been in the Assembly? are there any issues you believe should be addressed in the next session?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

how has your time been in the Assembly? are there any issues you believe should be addressed in the next session?

Well, I think in the next session, or before the end of this one, the Assembly should resolve the issue of the Labor Relations Act. From what I heard second hand, every last person in the region didn't support it accept those in the Assembly. I think we need to address that, find out what was wrong with it, and fix it. Among other things, something I tried to start was a second Abortion Reduction Act, dealing with things like adoption. However, I'm going to have to PM someone and see if I can get that going again.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »

I'd like to ast the citizens of the Mid-East if there are any issue that they feel need to be addressed in the next session. Input is appreciated.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »

i would definitely like to see us do more to discourage abortion and promote other options. what are your ideas on adoption? my understanding is that there isn't a shortage of people willing to adopt babies, but there may be a stigma for some people against giving a child into an adoptive family - and so if they don't feel they can take care of the child they tend to go for an abortion.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »

Well, I think in the next session, or before the end of this one, the Assembly should resolve the issue of the Labor Relations Act. From what I heard second hand, every last person in the region didn't support it accept those in the Assembly. I think we need to address that, find out what was wrong with it, and fix it. Among other things, something I tried to start was a second Abortion Reduction Act, dealing with things like adoption. However, I'm going to have to PM someone and see if I can get that going again.

Well why haven't you proposed an amendment yet?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

What specific cuts would you make in the budget and/or tax increases to make up for our projected budget shortfall?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »

What specific cuts would you make in the budget and/or tax increases to make up for our projected budget shortfall?

I decided to go over the budget and see what was going on. I came up with two categories for the things I wrote down: "What is this?", and "What is oure role in this?" I'd appreciate an amount of explanation for category one, and an a reason why we're funding category two.

What is this?
Updating Energy Infrastructure
I'm wondering what that means and how it translates into action.

What is oure role in this?
Mental health and substance abuse (Is the reason we're paying for this crime control, or general humanitarianism?)
Agricultural research (It's probably normal for a government to fund research, but why?)
Crop Insurance (Are there private agencies for this? Do people pay, or do they get it for free?)
Fund for alternative energy (Again, I know most government fund this, but why? I'd at least consider leaving it up to private enterprise to research)
Vocational Education (Is this like trade school? I can understand K-12, but please explain this)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 02:46:16 PM »

I thank you all for your support and that I was granted another two months in the Assembly!
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

Just 2nd-prefed you ! Wink

Cathcon is like wine: he is better after some time Grin
Elect Cathcon !
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

EDIT: I thought that somewhere I read the victors of the elections, however it appears that voting is still open.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »

Well, I saw the results posted, and I sadly was not re-elected to the Assembly. However, it's been fun and I hoped that one day I can return to Atlasia, hopefully with more success.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »

Well, I saw the results posted, and I sadly was not re-elected to the Assembly. However, it's been fun and I hoped that one day I can return to Atlasia, hopefully with more success.

I hope you will feel free to stay active in Atlasia and the Mideast, and be a part of the discussion of issues and legislation for the the next session.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

I hope you will feel free to stay active in Atlasia and the Mideast, and be a part of the discussion of issues and legislation for the the next session.

I intend to, so I can be familiar with the issues should I run again two months from now.

Also, congratulations on your election to the Assembly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies