NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:00:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Author Topic: NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 59621 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »

Wow, the voters of California voted the same way as me on five out of nine propositions.

Bizarre side note: the Libertarians received the highest third-party share in four out of eight partisan statewide races in California (including Senator) (Greens got three & AIP got one). Curiously, the Libertarian candidate for Lt. Governor received almost 6% of the vote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »

Brown had a larger margin of victory than Sandoval right next door.  Didn't expect that at all.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #352 on: November 03, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »

So Rasmussen was what, 40 points off in its poll of Hawaii?

#nobiashere
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2010, 01:44:30 PM »

Brown had a larger margin of victory than Sandoval right next door.  Didn't expect that at all.

CA & NV were both strong points for the Democrats. Harry Reid pulled through, contrary to the suggestions of most polling.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #354 on: November 03, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »

Brady doesn't have the votes guys.  This one is done imo.

I think you're right....but Brady has suggested that he might want to drag this out for a month or so until results are certified.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #355 on: November 03, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »

#nobiashere

Nate Silver says it's the worst poll in at least the decade of polling he has in his database.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #356 on: November 03, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »

Hasn't Chafee pledged to push for a gay marriage bill?  What is the concern? Does the 70/30 Democratic legislature really have enough conservatives to stop him?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »

Brown had a larger margin of victory than Sandoval right next door.  Didn't expect that at all.

CA & NV were both strong points for the Democrats. Harry Reid pulled through, contrary to the suggestions of most polling.

I think we pretty much have to consider NV a blue state now.  Colorado has probably moved into the lean Dem column as of this election and it is rapidly turning blue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2010, 02:22:40 PM »

I don't understand. Foley still leads in CT with 95% in, yet Malloy is the winner? What is going on?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

I don't understand. Foley still leads in CT with 95% in, yet Malloy is the winner? What is going on?

What remains is New Haven which is currently 83%-16% for Malloy and Bridgeport which is only slightly less favorable for him. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »

#nobiashere

all you Dem hacks are whistling past the graveyard blah blah
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »

I think we pretty much have to consider NV a blue state now.  Colorado has probably moved into the lean Dem column as of this election and it is rapidly turning blue.

I tend to agree.  Both of these states are becomming part of the Democratic firewall. 
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »

Bridgeport and New Haven are incompetent when counting votes.  Bridgeport is also incompetent when making sure there are enough ballots so that everyone can vote, too - and kept some polls open until 10 to create a good Democratic margin.  

I'm sick and tired of that cheap Democrat trick in incompetent inner cities.   Run your elections properly.  Then, there's no need to cheat and keep polls open later than the rest of the state.

Foley should ask for a recount and sue.  Every Bridgeport ballot should be scrutinized.  I simply don't trust them.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »

Bridgeport and New Haven are incompetent when counting votes.  Bridgeport is also incompetent when making sure there are enough ballots so that everyone can vote, too - and kept some polls open until 10 to create a good Democratic margin.  

I'm sick and tired of that cheap Democrat trick in incompetent inner cities.   Run your elections properly.  Then, there's no need to cheat and keep polls open later than the rest of the state.

Foley should ask for a recount and sue.  Every Bridgeport ballot should be scrutinized.  I simply don't trust them.

My understanding is that you had to be IN LINE by 8 pm in order to vote.  If that is true, then the procedure is fair.  After all, are you more likely to have a long line at the polls in a town of 500 or in a city of 500,000?  One caveat: any municipality that has lines at closing time should be allowed to use this procedure, not just certain ones.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »

You must be thrilled, more Republicans that won't vote for gay marriage. But it is the Democrats fault. Roll Eyes

Yes, because clearly, if Rhode Island can't pass gay marriage, it must be the fault of the Republican superminority.

Does it really drive you that crazy that I prefer a two-party system?

I guess you need to justify sleeping with the devil.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

so as expected Snyder destroyed Bernero 58.1% to 39.9. He didn't quite do as well as Engler in 1998, which was the last huge republican win. I think the businessman thing hurt him a little, but he is no DeVos. Snyder won all but 5 counties. Bernero only won over 50% of the vote in 2 counties Wayne and Genesee (Flint), he also won Ingham (Lansing his home county), Washtenaw, and Gogebic (far western U.P.).
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »

So, Chafee, Rockefeller Republican with no party machine, breaks 50% in two municipalities in Rhode Island: New Shoreham, which is the genteel vacationland of Block Island, in the sound, and ... Providence!

Caprio blowing off Obama: fail.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

So, Chafee, Rockefeller Republican with no party machine, breaks 50% in two municipalities in Rhode Island: New Shoreham, which is the genteel vacationland of Block Island, in the sound, and ... Providence!

Chafee had the public employee unions, which represent a good chunk of the Democratic Party machine
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #368 on: November 03, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »

Yeah, it's not cheating.

Anyway, great win for Malloy!
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #369 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »

OK, fair enough. But still.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »

Would Malloy sign a bill that abolishes the death penalty?
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »

I tend to agree.  Both of these states are becomming part of the Democratic firewall. 
Hopefully New Mexico will eventually come along for the ride, but the last elections were a setback. The Republicans did pick the best possible candidate for Governor there though.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »

Yes, and he will.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »

Obama blowing off Caprio was honestly just as fail. You don't sandbag your own party. Especially when you're the friggin' president.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #374 on: November 03, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »

Yes, and he will.

Good. 31 states to go.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies