CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll  (Read 4923 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
« on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

I still hope for a Fiorina upset. Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen. The Central Valley is going to give Fiorina a landslide margin. The polls might be underestimating Republican turnout since California hasn't had a competitive senate election in about 12 years.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »

Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen.

So there's Senators who the Senate does not see?

Strong Thurmond and Bob Byrd were absent from senate a lot during their later years. Besides she is up there with Jesse Helms in crappiness. I don't know why Democrats would want her to be reelected. Reelecting just prevents a better Democrat from being elected in 2016. If Fiorina was elected she would most certainly be a one-termer.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »

I still hope for a Fiorina upset. Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen. The Central Valley is going to give Fiorina a landslide margin. The polls might be underestimating Republican turnout since California hasn't had a competitive senate election in about 12 years.

California elections aren't decided in the central valley. How is Fiorina doing in suburban LA county? That is what will decide this election.

She is a lock in Orange County and the Inland Empire. San Diego is probably leaning strongly towards her, as are Ventura and San Luis Obispo. It will actually probably come down to whether or not she can get around 40% in suburban parts of the Bay Area that puts her over the top.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »

Crappy poll. Undecideds are too high or overestimated. I wouldn't be feeling relaxed if I were Boxer knowing I have only 46% support after being a senator for 18 years. The wave in the East could very much influence voters to turn out and support Fiorina and Whitman whereas they might have been disinclined to do so beforehand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies