CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:25:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Public Policy Polling: Boxer (D) leads by 4 in final poll  (Read 4856 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2010, 05:50:22 AM »

New Poll: California Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2010-10-31

Summary: D: 50%, R: 46%, I: 0%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »

Manchin leads by more than Boxer??
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:44 AM »

Eh, a tad too close for real comfort.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »

Don't worry, this poll is much more Republican friendly than their last one. If Boxer can lead with a really conservative electorate, she's going to do fine. Obama's approval is underwater in this one, Brown is only up by 5 and Fiorina almost has positive Favorables.

Yeah, this poll is poop. Which still gives me a small amount of hope about Prop 19.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

I still hope for a Fiorina upset. Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen. The Central Valley is going to give Fiorina a landslide margin. The polls might be underestimating Republican turnout since California hasn't had a competitive senate election in about 12 years.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »

Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen.

So there's Senators who the Senate does not see?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »

John Edwards.  Smiley
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »

Strong Thurmond and Bob Byrd were absent from senate a lot during their later years. Besides she is up there with Jesse Helms in crappiness. I don't know why Democrats would want her to be reelected. Reelecting just prevents a better Democrat from being elected in 2016. If Fiorina was elected she would most certainly be a one-termer.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »

I still hope for a Fiorina upset. Boxer is one of the worst senators the Senate has seen. The Central Valley is going to give Fiorina a landslide margin. The polls might be underestimating Republican turnout since California hasn't had a competitive senate election in about 12 years.

California elections aren't decided in the central valley. How is Fiorina doing in suburban LA county? That is what will decide this election.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 06:16:04 PM »

Boxer has a big lead in the final SUSA poll.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=be46a92b-9a28-456a-90d1-84e9bb60cd4a
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »

California elections aren't decided in the central valley. How is Fiorina doing in suburban LA county? That is what will decide this election.

She is a lock in Orange County and the Inland Empire. San Diego is probably leaning strongly towards her, as are Ventura and San Luis Obispo. It will actually probably come down to whether or not she can get around 40% in suburban parts of the Bay Area that puts her over the top.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:48 PM »

This poll might be a tad too favorable to the Democrats. But most of that is due to the cellphone sample they are including with their normal poll. They also show prop 19 as being much closer than anyone else out there (still losing). We will see if they are right.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »

Crappy poll. Undecideds are too high or overestimated. I wouldn't be feeling relaxed if I were Boxer knowing I have only 46% support after being a senator for 18 years. The wave in the East could very much influence voters to turn out and support Fiorina and Whitman whereas they might have been disinclined to do so beforehand.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »

She is a lock in Orange County and the Inland Empire. San Diego is probably leaning strongly towards her, as are Ventura and San Luis Obispo. It will actually probably come down to whether or not she can get around 40% in suburban parts of the Bay Area that puts her over the top.

Yes, she is a lock in Orange County, IE as well as the Central valley. That is why the race is even close to begin with. You are absolutely right that she will have to do well in certain parts of the bay area like Contra Costa county and Solano. And she will at least need 37-38% out of Santa Clara. LA county suburbs are the other battleground. CA-36, 29, 27 etc. These are the CD's where she needs to put up respectable numbers in order to win.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »

Crappy poll. Undecideds are too high or overestimated. I wouldn't be feeling relaxed if I were Boxer knowing I have only 46% support after being a senator for 18 years. The wave in the East could very much influence voters to turn out and support Fiorina and Whitman whereas they might have been disinclined to do so beforehand.

If you look at the crosstabs, the high undecideds are mostly from the cell phone samples. I doubt those people actually vote. Another nail in the coffin for Prop 19.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »

In CA, it's not uncommon to for a candidate to win with 40s numbers. Regardless, other polls have her at 50, so it's a moot point. Fiorina isn't getting enough crossover Democrats and has hit her ceiling. This one is done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies