The White House Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The White House Thread  (Read 13326 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2004, 03:10:27 PM »

Merry Christmas from the President PBrunsel and the White House Staff

And a Happy New Year
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2004, 03:16:08 PM »

I'll drink to...um...that!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 03:50:43 PM »

I decorated that tree all by myself too. The Senate does not like me that much so they forced me, Mike Naso, and a janitor to decorate it ourselves. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 03:56:19 PM »

I decorated that tree all by myself too. The Senate does not like me that much so they forced me, Mike Naso, and a janitor to decorate it ourselves. Smiley

Which janitor? IrishDemocrat or Gabu?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 03:58:01 PM »

Which janitor? IrishDemocrat or Gabu?

Gabu, he is used to the bitter cold being from Canada. Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 08:33:35 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2004, 09:00:38 PM by President PBrunsel »

[The Oval Office]

My fellow Atlasians, a Merry Christmas to you . Tonight is indeed a good night for me.

I wish to address you on the crisis with China. China has been a bully to us ever since I took office. I have tried to be tough on them, but in my last State of the Forum address I went to far. A complete embargo will harm the U.S. economy too much and perhaps ignite a nuclear confrontation with China. My original idea of a complete and total embargo must be abandoned.

Secretary of Defense Ford has advised me to choose a different path. I have spoken with him on a better way to deal with China. As many have said, a full embargo will cause great suffering on both sides. We need to take up a case with the WTO and complain about China's insults to us and their human rights abuse. As Secretary Ford actually told me, we should, perhaps, set hire tariffs on Chinese textiles. These solutions would be fine and I will now go into depth on both.

We shall send this letter to the WTO tomorrow on Christmas morning:

”Dear members of the World Trade Organization,
                    A WTO affiliate, The People’s Republic of China, has a record of human rights abuses and
   bullying of it’s neighbors. Despite claims and promises to change these things  they fail to do so, and
   they openly threaten the world. A two months ago they insulted our nation, and have yet to apologize.
   The Senate has failed to act on China so our executive branch is sending you this letter to ask you to
   condemn China’s actions and give it consequences if it does not apologize for it’s insults. We do not
   wish to have a confrontation with China in the shape of a war. We seek peace, yet we also seek freedom.

Sincerely,

President Paul W. PBrunsel, President of the Untied States of Atlasia”

My hope is that the WTO takes serious this small note and we may show toughness to China without showing our tanks and planes.

I also ask the Senate for an embargo on Chinese textiles. Textiles will be defined as a cloth that is manufactured with the usage of thread.  This will ban Chinese made clothing from entering Atlasia until they apologize and present a list of reforms they will take in the path of basic human rights. This is not a full embargo and will not harm our economy that badly. It may give us a small sloop for the first weeks of the embargo, but the Chinese must learn that we stills stand up for human rights.

As I was sitting in the Oval Office today working away at papers and reading the news, I heard a song on my radio, Entitled “Grown Up Christmas List” it truly touched me. It was a song  that spoke of hope, and it’s refrain was this:

“No more lives torn apart
   That wars would never start
   And time would heal all hearts
   Every man would have a friend
   That right would always win
   And love would never end
   This is my Grown-up Christmas List”

All those these are indeed dreams in a world where we do have wars, refugees, partisanship, hatred, scheming, and wretchedness, we as Atlasians dream of the one day the dreams expressed in this song’s refrain can be accomplished some day.

Merry Christmas, and may God Bless You and May God Bless Atlasia.

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2004, 08:38:38 PM »

Merry Christmas, and my God Bless You and May God Bless Atlasia.

What about my god?  I want my god to bless me!

Smiley

I like the new course of action much more.  That I probably can support, although I personally would like a simple high tariff over a full embargo.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2004, 09:02:56 PM »

I didn't advise an embargo on textiles, just tariffs.  If you want an embargo push for it, but don't attribute it to me.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2004, 09:04:02 PM »

I didn't advise an embargo on textiles, just tariffs.  If you want an embargo push for it, but don't attribute it to me.

Sorry, I thought you told advised me to embargo textiles. My mistake.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2004, 09:14:27 PM »

Sorry, I thought you told advised me to embargo textiles. My mistake.

An embargo is not the same as a tariff, if that's the confusion.  An embargo is flat-out refusing to accept something.  A tariff is accepting something, but slapping extra taxes on it to make it cost more.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2004, 10:35:59 PM »

There's always option #3: Quotas Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2004, 11:06:41 PM »

Merry Christmas Mr. President[/size]
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2004, 11:09:41 PM »

Merry Christmas Mr. President[/size]

How very nice Jake.

Thank You.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2004, 09:35:31 AM »

I favour big f*** off tariffs on coal, steel, metals, textiles and certain manufactured goods.

No embargo's
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 10:13:41 PM »

Tonight I wish to offer my condolences to those affected by the tsunami that has tragically hit Southeast Asia and Oceania. The World is with you tonight, as it will be with you as long as you suffer and live in pain and fear because of this bitter blow nature has dealt to you. As President of Atlasia I offer to you help, for we are the World’s Great Benefactor, and we must help those in need.

I propose to the Congress a donation to the nations hit by this tragedy. I wish for an allocation of $800 million to India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, Maldives, Indonesia, Tanzania, and Oman. These nations, hit hard by this death wave, need help from us, as we are the nation that prides itself on defending the helpless. The People’s Republic of China has given over 500 tons of supplies to those nation hit, and this is quite liberal for this nation I am not fond of. If a Communist nation can give that much, than we, a great and free people, can give this amount.

But the government can not do this alone, and we need help from the Citizens of Atlasia. The Congress will give the $800 million, but I ask you to give to a charity. It can be Governor Ilikeverin’s Midwest Charity, the Red Cross, UNICEF, or any organization that is helping these poor people affected by this wildcard of nature. We need you help, and to be blessed to live in Atlasia should be reason enough to give to those who are now scared, hungry, and, in many ways, helpless to what is going on.

Let us also reflect on how blessed we are to be Atlasians and live in a nation such as Atlasia, the Shining City upon a Hill. We are free, protected, and happy. Many of us take this for granted. I personally thank God for what he has done for Atlasia. It seems we look only at the bad things in life, and overlook what we have, but we never thank God for. That is why we need all who can to give to a charity for those who do not have what we have. The government can only do so much, then we need the help of those who elect the Senators and I.

Thank you, and God Bless You and God Bless Atlasia.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2005, 09:41:52 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2005, 09:58:45 PM by President PBrunsel »

(The Rose Garden)

(President PBrunsel approaches the podium as cameras flash.)

Once again a capable and amazing person has left my administration. Peter Bell is a Constitutional Scholar like no other. He was brilliant when it came to the Constitution, but being the Statesman he is, he chose that he could not run for ofice and be Attorney General at once. I am grieved by his resignation, and I feel he has been our finest Attorney General in Atlasia's proud history.

I nominate for this office a man who has had more expierience that almost any one else in Atlsia. I nominate former Senator Harry of Mississippi to be the next Attorney General.

With his expierience as a Vice President, Senator, and President Pro Tempe he has the Constitutional knowledge and know how to lead our new Constitutional Convention. I hope toi work with him so that we may write this new Constituion quickly and efficiently.

(President PBrunsel leaves the podium as the press yell questions in a disorderly fashion.)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 09:57:31 PM »

One of the best picks possible since Ernest wouldn't except it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »

(The Rose Garden)

(President PBrunsel approaches the podium as cameras flash.)

Once again a capable and amazing person has left my administration. Peter Bell is a Constitutional Scholar like no other. He was brilliant when it came to the Constitution, but being the Statesman he is, he chose that he could not run for ofice and be Attorney General at once. I am grieved by his resignation, and I feel he has been our finest Attorney General in Atlasia's proud history.

I nominate for this office a man who has had more expierience that almost any one else in Atlsia. I nominate former Senator Harry of Mississippi to be the next Attorney General.

With his expierience as a Vice President, Senator, and Preist Pro Tempe he has the Constitutional knowledge and know how to lead our new Constitutional Convention. I hope toi work with him so that we may write this new Constituion quickly and efficiently.

(President PBrunsel leaves the podium as the press yell questions in a disorderly fashion.)

Well, that was an unexpected choice, but after thinking about it, it's a good one.

Good show. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 11:33:35 PM »

Unexpected and a g...well it was unexpected...ok, ok it was a go...a goo...goood choice! Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »

Unexpected and a g...well it was unexpected...ok, ok it was a go...a goo...goood choice! Smiley
Cheesy...Just when you thought you were rid of me, I return! <evil laugh>
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2005, 08:59:47 PM »

[bias]Great pick[/bias]
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2005, 02:23:21 PM »

Hmm......unexpected choice.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »

[Oval Office]

Good evening,

Our nation tonight is on the verge of creating a new Constitution. The Senate has passed a resolution asking for a new Constitution, and I support this motion.

Tonight I ask the Senate to write and and pass an actual bill that alots delegates to the Regions. I wish for it to be based on Senator Defarge's Resoultuion.

I want a Constitutional Convetion to end this crisis and go on with government. A new Constitution will benefit our nation and I wish that we could get a Convetion started before the end of this week. That is the date I want it to start by.

I want action in government and I want us to get this convetiuon started soon.

Thank you for your patience Senators and fellow Atlasians when it comes to this Convention. Must be done and I hope we can start soon.

God bless you all and God Bless Atlasia.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2005, 06:44:32 AM »

Tonight I ask the Senate to write and and pass an actual bill that alots delegates to the Regions. I wish for it to be based on Senator Defarge's Resoultuion.

I believe the resolution we passed covers that so all that is needed is for you to call a constitutional convention.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2005, 11:22:47 AM »

I believe the resolution we passed covers that so all that is needed is for you to call a constitutional convention.

In my speech I called for one so I guess i'll say it again:

I President Paul PBrunsel of the United States of Atlaisa officially call for a Constitutional Convention.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies