The White House Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:40:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The White House Thread  (Read 13261 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2004, 12:17:24 PM »

I could not find an old thread for the Whote Hoiuse so this is where I will make my official announcements and addresses. Chief of Staff Reagan will also use this thread.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:18:30 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

Yesterday Chairman Hu Jintao rattled against our great nation. He said we were invloved in, "..."unyielding arrogance and brutal repression of peoples in every continent."He went as far as to say that our nation has "dividing the world into rich and poor, free and enslaved, engorged and starved..." He not only stated this insult in his own China, but also stated this absurd propaganda throughout Asia over radio. We will not accept this insult to our nation.

Chairman Jintao accuses us of, "brutal repression of peoples." He is one to talk. His government has ignored human suffering and inflicted it upon his own people. His government persecutes not only Christains but members of every other religion. He preaches obedience to "The State" while "The State" butchers thousands for simply disenting by using what we would call 1st Amendment rights. China has done more to brutally repress people than we have ever done.

We must also not forget that only a few months ago from April-June 2004 China threatened invasion of Taiwan, and they made their wishes quite clear; stay out of our way or we will end all your businesses in Asia. They threatened a trade war, and perhaps a shooting war, and now they call us the brutal enemies.

China's actions today show a beligerent and hypocriticial attitude that has been shown by Communists for years. The teachings of Marx and Lenin show that Communists lie and cheat and decieve to get what they want. China has insulted us and denied it's own past to accuse us of attrocities it commits daily.

Therefore I urge the Senate to pass a resoultion condemning the Chairman's remarks so that we can show the Communists that we mean business and will not tolerate insults.

May God Bless Our Cause, and May God Bless Atlasia.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 03:51:44 AM »

The President will make a State of Forum Address November 21, 2004, 7:00 Eastern Standard Time.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »

(I walk to a podium in the Rose Garden as cameras flash)

I wish to thank the press for esembling at such short notice, but I have an important announcement to make.

Now that I have come  back from Iraq after having a wonderful Thanksgiving diner with them I am going to get back to work in the Oval Office again today.

Today I officially nominate for the Supreme Court  Secretary of State Liberty. I feel that Liberty is a man who knows are Constitution and will enforce and protect the decisons of the Court in the past and make good ones for the future.

(I leave the pdium while the rude press yells question that have already been answered in my statement!)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 10:12:10 AM »

Mr. President their are several Bills that are awaiting your signature or veto. Thank you.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 05:58:27 PM »

(The Rose Garden)

(President PBrunsel walks to a podium as pictures are snapped)

PBrunsel: Thank you members of the press for assembling at such short notice. Today I will nominate Mr. Liberty's replacement as Secretary of State.

I formaly nominate former President and Secretary of State Gustaf to serve as Secretary of State once again.

I have every confidence he will serve well in his old job once again.

(President PBrunsel leaves the Rose Garden as the press shout questions in a rude, disorgainzed fashion as the press usually does.)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 07:38:22 PM »

Gustworth for Secretary of State!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 04:48:49 AM »

Should I chime in and confirm that I accept the nomination, or it that sort of obvious in the context? Wink

If not, I accept and if I'm confirmed by the senate I will enjoy working in the cabinet of the president. Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 07:00:18 AM »

President PBrunsel will be making his State of the Forum address on Monday, December 20, 2004.

~Mike "Reagan" Naso
   Chief of Staff

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 03:07:31 PM »

Why the Hell are you cheif of staff?

~ Mike "Reagan" NixonNow

I do not want any attacks in this thread Mr. NixonNow. This is a strictly business thread and your trashy talk is not welcomed.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 06:47:07 PM »

(The Rose Garden)

(President PBrunsel approaches the podium as cameras flash.)

President PBrunsel: I am deeply grieved by the resignation of Secretary Fritz. He was one of the top advisors in my cabinet and he will be sorely missed by my administration and by the entire nation. We will not forget the efficiency, integrity, and order that he brought to the Office of the Secretary of Forum Affairs.

Replacing him is something I wish I didn’t have to do, but for the forum to continue moving I must nominate someone. For this post I nominate a man with Senatorial experience who has given much time and effort to the well being of this great nation. I nominate Senator StevenNick to be the next Secretary of Forum Affairs.

I truly feel that StevenNick will continue the great legacy of Fritz. Although it is impossible to find an equal to Fritz, we must keep the nation moving. I urge the Senate to confirm Senator StevenNick for this important position.

(President PBrunsel leaves the podium as the press yell questions in a disorderly fashion.)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 07:40:44 PM »

I thank the president for his nomination.  I will work hard to live up to the legacy that Fritz has left behind.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 08:00:02 PM »

Great choice! Congratulations Steven!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 08:45:32 PM »

A respectable choice.  While there are several others that could have been honorably named, I can't say, unless the President had been able to get Fritz to reconsider, that there was a better choice available.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 09:09:13 PM »

Congratulations Steven Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 09:16:45 PM »

Congrats to SteveNick. He will make us proud.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 04:03:03 AM »

Bad choice
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 02:01:52 PM »

Who did you want? Karl Marx? Smiley
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 01:48:10 AM »

That was not funny.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 07:27:04 AM »

If I was president, he'd've been my pick, so I can't say it is anything other then a wondeful choice.

Congrats Steven.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 04:32:56 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2004, 05:40:21 PM by President PBrunsel »

President PBrunsel will be making his State of the Forum address on Monday, December 20, 2004.

I am so very sorry to you all, but something has popped up recently and I will not be able to give this today. I will give it tommorow though, I promise.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 04:34:16 PM »

I am so very sorry to you all, but something has popped up recently

Mr. President, everyone in Atlasia knows about the summit in Japan tonight. No need to apologize.   Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 04:45:28 PM »

Alright...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 05:42:43 PM »

Congratulations to Steven, an understandable choice, and I think the best possible. Good luck with filling Fritz shoes. Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2004, 06:38:57 PM »

Congrats, Steven.

I think you should be aware, though, that Fritz wore size 16 shoes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies