To African Americans across the nation..........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:44:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To African Americans across the nation..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: To African Americans across the nation..........  (Read 5330 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »

..........please, PLEASE, do not let yourselves be taken for granted YET AGAIN by the Democrats.

For generations, the Democrats have taken your votes and given you lip service in return.

African Americans are just as well off under Republican administrations as you are under Democratic administrations.

2010 is your opportunity to really let your voice be heard.  This year will not change the Presidency.  You can send the Democrats a message this year that you as well want less spending and more jobs.

Go for it. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »

To Pro-Lifers across the nation............

...........please, PLEASE, do not let yourselves be taken for granted YET AGAIN by the Republicans.

For generations, the Republicans have taken your votes and given you lip service in return.

Pro-lifers are just as well off under Democratic administrations as you are under Republican administrations.

2010 is your opportunity to really let your voice be heard.  This year will not change the Presidency.  You can send the Republicans a message this year that you as well want less lip service and pandering and real policies that empower women with the resources needed to choose an alternative to abortion.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:03:15 PM »

To the fiscally responsible across the nation............

...........please, PLEASE, do not let yourselves be taken for granted YET AGAIN by the Republicans.

For generations, the Republicans have taken your votes and given you lip service in return.

Fiscally responsible people are just as well off under Democratic administrations as you are under Republican administrations.

2010 is your opportunity to really let your voice be heard.  This year will not change the Presidency.  You can send the Republicans a message this year that you as well want real reform that reduces the deficit and sets us up for a healthy fiscal outlook for the long term.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »

To the hard working middle class people across the nation............

Hard working middle class people are just as well off under Democratic administrations as you are under Republican administrations.

2010 is your opportunity to really let your voice be heard.  This year will not change the Presidency.  You can send the Republicans a message this year that what is good for the top 0.1% isn't necessarily good for you.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

I could go on... but I think people get the point.  Winfield... what an absolutely ridiculous post.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

I could go on... but I think people get the point.  Winfield... what an absolutely ridiculous post.

Especially since there aren't any African-Americans on here.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »

Snowguy, yes, I suppose you could go on and on.  But do it on your own thread and quit hijacking mine.

This thread is for discussion of the issue I have raised, not for you to take my wording and use it for your own purposes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »

You don't know that for certain. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »

You don't know that for certain. 

Well, there is Sam Spade but other than that...
WillK

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

..........please, PLEASE, do not let yourselves be taken for granted YET AGAIN by the Democrats.

For generations, the Democrats have taken your votes and given you lip service in return.

Whereas Republicans take your vote and screw you over in return.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If they are just as well off, then why vote for one over the other?  

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

Don't you think there are more effective places to deliver this message?  Like a hockey/squaredancing expo center?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »

Don't you think there are more effective places to deliver this message?  Like a hockey/squaredancing expo center?

i want to "like" this so hard..
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

To the fiscally responsible across the nation............

Fiscally responsible people are just as well off under Democratic administrations as you are under Republican administrations.

2010 is your opportunity to really let your voice be heard.  This year will not change the Presidency.  You can send the Republicans a message this year that you as well want real reform that reduces the deficit and sets us up for a healthy fiscal outlook for the long term.

It actually boggles the mind that being fiscally responsible somehow got associated with being Republican. I must be some sort of ultra-Republican.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 12:59:34 AM »

Hey Winfield, I can help increase the chances of this being seen by your target audience, if you like.  I can give you the fax number for a friend of my mother-in-law who runs a bed & breakfast in Vermont, and she can put it up on her notice board for the guests to see.  Let me know.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 01:51:29 AM »

The idea that either party cares about African Americans beyond potentially winning their votes is laughable.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »

The idea that either party cares about Americans beyond potentially winning their votes is laughable.

Fixed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

The idea that either party cares about Americans beyond potentially winning their votes is laughable.

Fixed.
True, but it's still our own damn fault for continuing to buy into this broken two party system.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

Fixed.

True.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

The idea that either party cares about African Americans beyond potentially winning their votes is laughable.

This solidifies my argument somewhat.  The Democrats have had the support of around 90% of the black vote on an almost consistent basis for generations now.  There are many Democratic office holders at all levels who owe their election to black voters.  When  Republicans are in office, the African American population is no worse off than when Democrats are in office.

My point is, there is really no good reason why black voters should be such a monolithiic voting block.

The Democrats have been using African Americans for their electoral benefit for far too long.  It is time for black voters to take back their electoral independence.       
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

This solidifies my argument somewhat.  The Democrats have had the support of around 90% of the black vote on an almost consistent basis for generations now.  There are many Democratic office holders at all levels who owe their election to black voters.  When  Republicans are in office, the African American population is no worse off than when Democrats are in office.

My point is, there is really no good reason why black voters should be such a monolithiic voting block.

The Democrats have been using African Americans for their electoral benefit for far too long.  It is time for black voters to take back their electoral independence.       

There is, actually, a reason. A lot of Republicans run on an outright anti-African-American platform, explicitly or note. It's not that the Dems care about the blacks - it is that the Republicans care about those who hate blacks. It's the good old southern strategy in action. Honestly, I am not even certain the Republican party would have been better off electorally if it tried to attract the minority voters: it would start loosing the nativists and racists. And, lets face it, these are a major chunk of the electorate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

Pubbies are desperate to find blacks who sign off on their purported small government, free market,  agenda. Trust me. We will see how much impact two new Pubbie black congressmen make on matters (potentially three if CO-7 comes home - not probable, but certainly possible, and Frazier also presents a very attractive package). Alan West (who apparently will be elected to FL-22) has the potential to be a game changer to some extent, even if he terrifies some folks. That man has charisma - tons of it - and is very smart and articulate. Does he have discipline to attend it, or will he be an undisciplined Palin type? That is the question.

In any event, the GOP has some potential to make inroads among blacks, perhaps since we now have had a real "black" president, and so that is out of our system. Catholics began their march to the GOP (putting aside the Eisenhower lucunae), after we had our first Catholic president.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »

Fixed.
True, but it's still our own damn fault for continuing to buy into this broken two party system.

I'm glad I have 10 choices on my Senate ballot that aren't Republican or Democrat. (And those 10 will be lucky to get 10% combined.) Unfortunately my House election and Lt. Gov. special election run-off only have two candidates.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »

Fixed.

No, it's not your fault. The founders, accidentally, wrote the two-party system into the Constitution. Of course, they never thought they did, but the combination of the executive presidency and the FPTP Congressional districts is a damn powerful thing. The only stable political configurations w/ this Constitution are a one-party system and a two-party system. I am not even sure a distinct regional two-party system is feasible (though I'd love to see one). But the two-party system it is, and it will be, unless the Constitutional arrangements are changed. The party identities might change though. But, in any case, US parties are not really parties, just amorphous arrangements that channel politicians into the electoral field.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »

Fixed.

No, it's not your fault. The founders, accidentally, wrote the two-party system into the Constitution. Of course, they never thought they did, but the combination of the executive presidency and the FPTP Congressional districts is a damn powerful thing. The only stable political configurations w/ this Constitution are a one-party system and a two-party system. I am not even sure a distinct regional two-party system is feasible (though I'd love to see one). But the two-party system it is, and it will be, unless the Constitutional arrangements are changed. The party identities might change though. But, in any case, US parties are not really parties, just amorphous arrangements that channel politicians into the electoral field.

The Constitution doesn't specify that elections should be FPTP, though.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »

Fixed.

Some countries, like Canada and the UK, are fully FPTP, and yet they don't just have 2 parties of any significance.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies