WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WI: Norbert College: Johnson about tied with Feingold  (Read 4203 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
« edited: October 19, 2010, 04:57:45 PM by Jbrase »

Realistically, I doubt the Dems will lose CA or WA.

if I were a Dem, I'd be sweating any race where the GOP candidate is within 5 points.

yeah, but I don't recall asking for your "input".
Then don't post in a place where you're posts are subject to others input.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

if I were a Dem, I'd be sweating any race where the GOP candidate is within 5 points.

Do the Dems on this forum always have to find ways to be bigger and bigger douchebags, without fail?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »

Do the Dems on this forum always have to find ways to be bigger and bigger douchebags, without fail?

Is it impossible to contemplate that he, like many other reasonable people, has a health contempt for supporters of a notable racist like Tom Tancredo?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »

I think it's time for you to calm down, lad. Your pattern of behavior has been noticed.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »

So am I.  Feingold is losing in this poll.  Feingold losing will be the best possible thing for the First Amendment short of McCain going down to someone who doesn't back criminalizing political speech to protect incumbents.

Yes but this is a lot closer than other recent polling. It's within the margin of error and shows he's got a shot.

To make myself clear, I don't care if Feingold loses by 1 vote, 2 points or 10 points.  I just want him to lose.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »

Anyone know what Norbert College's track record is? I've never heard of them prior to this poll. The last polls here, from Rasmussen and CNN, paint a quite bleaker picture for Feingold.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »

Anyone know what Norbert College's track record is? I've never heard of them prior to this poll. The last polls here, from Rasmussen and CNN, paint a quite bleaker picture for Feingold.

I'm curious too. I'm extremely surprised no one has discussed the pollster's track record thus far in this thread. Does anyone know if they polled in 2008 or perhaps early October of 2004?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »

I'm curious too. I'm extremely surprised no one has discussed the pollster's track record thus far in this thread. Does anyone know if they polled in 2008 or perhaps early October of 2004?

Read the full thread from Page 1.  That information is there.  Hit-or-miss, I'd say.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »

Read the full thread from Page 1.  That information is there.  Hit-or-miss, I'd say.

I'm curious as to when the Obama poll was taken, but I doubt that information is easy to gather. They don't seem to be far off from the 2008 result, although 10% undecided would be a bit odd if this poll came late in 2008. The other one wouldn't seem to be as accurate, though.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »

I'm curious as to when the Obama poll was taken, but I doubt that information is easy to gather. They don't seem to be far off from the 2008 result, although 10% undecided would be a bit odd if this poll came late in 2008. The other one wouldn't seem to be as accurate, though.

Around the same time as this one - 10/09 - 10/17.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 07:33:33 PM »

One interesting thing about this poll is that they did the WI Gov's race at the same time and had the Republican Scott Walker +9, which was right in line with other polls.  So, if this poll is correct, Ron Johnson is severely underperforming the other major statewide GOP candidate on the ballot.  I haven't seen anything extraordinary go on that would cause such a tightening, but the numbers are what they are.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »

My observation would still be this:  Watch where the committees are spending.  If PA weren't tightening a bit (or a good bit), would the Republicans be throwing 2 million in ads at it?  Conversely, if WI were tightening, don't you think the national parties would be getting involved in major ad buying?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »

Isn't it great, that with so much money rolling around, and instant access to money dumps, that we can test polls against the money so frequently?  Smiley
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2010, 09:57:30 PM by آزادی برای ایران »

My observation would still be this:  Watch where the committees are spending.  If PA weren't tightening a bit (or a good bit), would the Republicans be throwing 2 million in ads at it?  Conversely, if WI were tightening, don't you think the national parties would be getting involved in major ad buying?
Feingold told the dem committees not to spend any ads on his behalf awhile ago i believe. Not that that would stop the republican ones from doing so on johnsons. Johnson can probably just cut himself a few million though if he needs it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies