2012 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:47:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 election  (Read 5336 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 14, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Is McKenna a Senator? Is the Massachusetts Democrat President? Could use a few more details, and in the future, this might go better in Election What-ifs.

I'd like to see more of thie McKenna character, though, even if he was only elected in 2008 (or was that re-election?).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »

You only have four posts as of now. In order to get 20 posts, I recommend commenting on timelines, or writing one with regular updates. Remember, you can always comment on my timeline, which is under the picture of "MorrisonHotel" in my signature. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »

Canyou give the full list of Presidents from 1989-on?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »

So you didn't jsut make this up? This is based on a book?

By the way, about the Manchurian Candidate, did you see the original from 1963? It was better than the one from 2004, and a lot more "epic". Instead of involving large companies and Desert Storm, it had the Korean War, the Cold War, and the Commies.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »

How much of this did you make up, and how much is from that book you mentioned?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »

firstly regarding the book, all of this comes from the book which is my creation, I try to use as much of what is occurring in the world, like the economic implosion of two years ago, but there some changes I have incorporated, the Bill and Hillary Clinton dynamic is superimposed into the fictional world of Michael and Katherine McKenna, but with a twist she's the only living child of a former two-term president, who herself becomes President (George H.W. Bush & George W. Bush anyone?), she becomes Vice President due in part to her own pedigree and the electorally rich Pennsylvania (her adopted political base) and Ohio (birth-place) and yes also the brand name (McKenna) which is very potent even if her husband is no longer President. But the terrorism factor is a dominant throughout the story and affects the political aspirations of many of the characters who populate the story, the story is my original idea and creation and I think you'll have to wait until the book comes to a book store near you. My primary angle is to look at the politics and election outcomes of the period between 2008 and 2024, perhaps beyond, maps and scenarios are welcome

Is this book published, in your head, or on your home computer?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:33 AM »

Not published yet, but it's in a safe place on my computer hard drive and will be going on e-books, when all is wrapped up like a neat little package, so if that was a smart-ass question, how's my answer for smart?

Well, it wasn't a smartass question, first off. I was just asking. Second, congratulations.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »

So Catherine McKenna is the daughter of a two term President, the wife of a two term President, a Senator for eigh tyears, and a Vice-President before becoming President?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies