CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal stretches lead to 11 points
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 06:33:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal stretches lead to 11 points
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT: Quinnipiac University: Blumenthal stretches lead to 11 points  (Read 989 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2010, 05:03:28 AM »

New Poll: Connecticut Senator by Quinnipiac University on 2010-10-12

Summary: D: 54%, R: 43%, I: 1%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:40:09 AM »

So much for Blumenthal's "disastrous" debate performance.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:20:57 AM »

But...but...Vietnam!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »

Whether or not the polls reflect it, dude did botch that debate.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:25:16 AM »

It's pretty clear that McMahon needs to get Blumenthal's favorables down, particularly among women.  Vietnam is an attempt to do that, but isn't going to cut it.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 08:29:19 AM »

Whether or not the polls reflect it, dude did botch that debate.

Yep, it's ridiculous and the height of partisanship to say he didn't butcher that debate.  And his answer to "how do you create a job" would be fodder for every talk show/SNL/MSM newscast if he were a Republican.   The fact of the matter is a Democrat can get away with things a GOP'er could never dream of.  But it is what is is and this race is toast.   IMO, McMahon was just a non-starter due to her WWWF (I'm an old school wrestling fan) involvement, even thought she's run a surprisingly good campaign.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:37:55 AM »

It's definitely the favorables. Once again, McMahon has tied favorable numbers against Blumenthal's high ones. With a little over a couple of weeks left, the window is closing and it'll be interesting to see what McMahon's next move will be.
Duke 🇺🇸
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »

He's solidified his lead over 50%, so it looks like there's very little chance McMahon can come back.

BUt it's hard to argue his debate performance wasn't a disaster. I saw his job bit and it was pathetic.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »

He's solidified his lead over 50%, so it looks like there's very little chance McMahon can come back.

BUt it's hard to argue his debate performance wasn't a disaster. I saw his job bit and it was pathetic.

I agree, I saw the jobs bit as well, and it was hard to watch. Her response was sharp and to the point. I really thought they would get that clip into an ad. Have they not done that up there in Connecticut yet?

If the polls aren't moving in her direction after that, I don't know what could But I definitely think heavy spending on an ad featuring both of their responses to the question of "how do you create a job?" would help.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »

His entire debate performance was suddenly bad because he botched one question? I remember even people like cinyc saying he basically did an adequate job overall at the time. To be honest, I didn't watch most of the thing though... seemed pretty boring.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »

His entire debate performance was suddenly bad because he botched one question? I remember even people like cinyc saying he basically did an adequate job overall at the time. To be honest, I didn't watch most of the thing though... seemed pretty boring.

What I said was Blumenthal performed adequate for those who know Blumenthal.  The debate was only on in the Hartford/New Haven market, and they have seen him on the local news all the time for the past 20 years.  They know his plodding, kind of boring speech patterns, and wouldn't have been jarred by it, like those seeing him for the first time.

One thing people forget is not many people watch these debates.  The first debate was the second-most watched program in its time slot in the market, but still only watched by about 70,000 people in the Hartford/New Haven market.  None of the debates have been on TV in the NYC market, where people who bothered to watch may have been less used to Blumenthal and his lackluster ways.   Fairfield County cable systems might pick up some of the Hartford TV stations, but except for the ABC affiliate in New Haven, I doubt they are significantly watched.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies