Campaign Stop in Philadelphia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:06:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Stop in Philadelphia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign Stop in Philadelphia  (Read 347 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2004, 09:41:50 PM »

Economic Policy

I feel balancing the budget is one of most important economic issues.  A balanced budget is necessary to the survival of any country or region.  We should not put the burden of a defecit onto our children.  However, I do not support a balanced budget amendment because there are extreme circumstances when a small defecit is necessary.  After balancing the budget and surplus is achieved, new programs to encourage job creation must be set into place.  We must also increase spending on transportation projects when a surplus is achieved.  The size of the government should be reduced, but be made more efficient.  On taxes, I believe the government should give tax cuts to the lower and middle classes when a surplus is occurring.  The wealthiest should never receive tax cuts.  Companies should receive tax incentives for staying in America and moving into neighborhoods where there is high unemployment.  Tariffs must be placed on foreign goods to insure American companies are competitive with foreign companies.  In order for globalization to benefit Atlasia, foreign aid must be given to third world countries to improve their living conditions, thereby increasing the price of their products.  Finally, I would like to thank the people of Philadelphia for welcoming me to their city.  I will see you at my next stop in New York.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies