The worst job!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The worst job!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The worst job!  (Read 3576 times)
Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2004, 04:21:59 PM »
« edited: October 18, 2015, 11:28:22 PM by Mr. Fresh »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »

I'm not a Brit, but I wear a metal backbrace which sets off metal detectors.  I'd much rather have this than a paddown (unless the patdowner is a cute sister<grin>) or having to debrace.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 05:28:56 PM »

I'm not a Brit, but I wear a metal backbrace which sets off metal detectors.  I'd much rather have this than a paddown (unless the patdowner is a cute sister<grin>) or having to debrace.
That backbrace sounds quite serious. May I be so bold to ask why you have to wear such a thing?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

CNN - Airport X-ray sees through clothes

What do you all think of this?  My personal feelings are that ya, it kind of sucks to have people (security guards) looking at places you wouldn't normally like people looking.  But like the people quoted said, it makes airways safer.

So in other words, I'd had to be the security guard on the other end, talk about the worst job in the world....

What do you Brits think about the case insuing in courts?

It wouldnt be so bad if Pam Anderson and her types went through. Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »

tough job, alright.  I always figured that the guy who has to mop up the spooge off the floor at the end of the day in the little rooms at a peepshow has the worst job in the world.  But this inspector job runs a close second.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 12:50:58 PM »

Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 01:26:23 PM »

That backbrace sounds quite serious. May I be so bold to ask why you have to wear such a thing?

I have scoliosis and had to wear one for three years during middle school. It wasn't too fun. It was completely under my shirt and couldn't be seen, but still a bit embarassing when people found out by bumping into me or such.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 03:39:09 PM »

Birth defect; bone is incroaching on the spinal column and there is some movement of the spine.  My sitting, standing and walking is severely limited without (I can go about a block without falling over if not wearing it).

BTW, everything you've seen posted from me here has been done while laying in front of my keyboard and screen.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 06:00:32 PM »

I have scoliosis and had to wear one for three years during middle school. It wasn't too fun. It was completely under my shirt and couldn't be seen, but still a bit embarassing when people found out by bumping into me or such.

Ouch.  Scoliosis tests are always fun, free morale boosters for me; apparantly my spine is rod straight Tongue

Although I have other problems, like with my shoulders: they're constantly hunched forward and up, as if I'm in a state of constant shrug :S Although I'm not sure if it's too noticeable Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 10:17:24 AM »

Ouch.  Scoliosis tests are always fun, free morale boosters for me; apparantly my spine is rod straight Tongue

Although I have other problems, like with my shoulders: they're constantly hunched forward and up, as if I'm in a state of constant shrug :S Although I'm not sure if it's too noticeable Smiley

It's spondolythothesis (sp), coupled with stenosis.  Quite nasty.

I wear it over my shirt; it's easier to keep clean and it's easier to adjust.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 11:22:14 AM »

Acutally, I was more talking to Nym, but still, the same general feelings apply to you, too Tongue Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 05:59:11 AM »

I also have a back problem, but nothing that bad...I can still move and excercise without problems.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies