Was 9/11 an inside job?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Was 9/11 an inside job?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No (sane)

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: Was 9/11 an inside job?  (Read 17536 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »

Inside job meaning ordered by Bush and carried out by the US govt. Seems like half the so called tea partiers on FB believe that crap.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 01:32:09 AM »

Yes (sane and rational)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »

This thread will end well.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »

Inside job meaning ordered by Bush and carried out by the US govt. Seems like half the so called tea partiers on FB believe that crap.

The truthers are the half of the tea party that are actual libertarians rather than just repackaged Bush Republicans upset about a black Muslim president.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 01:42:39 AM »

No. Even if I think he would have done it if he'd ever had the capacity to think of it, George Bush was just too much of a dumb bastard to ever mastermind something that massive.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 01:52:40 AM »

No. Even if I think he would have done it if he'd ever had the capacity to think of it, George Bush was just too much of a dumb bastard to ever mastermind something that massive.

George Bush would not have had to have personally masterminded the logistics of such an operation, anymore so than he personally ordered the particular battle tactics being used on the ground in Iraq.

That doesn't mean he's absolved of responsibility for things that went on under his authority.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 01:58:29 AM »

George Bush would not have had to have personally masterminded the logistics of such an operation, anymore so than he personally ordered the particular battle tactics being used on the ground in Iraq.

That doesn't mean he's absolved of responsibility for things that went on under his authority.

Maybe it's because the aliens who hybridized humans have influence over human governments? Wouldn't David Icke agree?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:59:04 AM »

It's something only the retarded believe in.  If they still buy into, no facts or logic will change them.  We may have been able to change a few minds 5 or 6 years ago (and we did), but by now, these people are lost in their own stupidity and/or stubbornness.  I would suggest we not use this thread to waste our time trying to convince everybody's favorite halfwit of the obvious.

I'm much more depressed about the number of people that buy in the JFK "conspiracy" anyway.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 02:00:10 AM »

It's something only the retarded believe in.  If they still buy into, no facts or logic will change them.  We may have been able to change a few minds 5 or 6 years ago (and we did), but by now, these people are lost in their own stupidity and/or stubbornness.  I would suggest we not use this thread to waste our time trying to convince everybody's favorite halfwit of the obvious.

I'm much more depressed about the number of people that buy in the JFK "conspiracy" anyway.

Actually, you'd be surprised, sadly. I get called a neo-con baby killer by at least five different people a day on FB who say 9-11 was some sort of inside job.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 02:03:03 AM »

Ignore works in FB as well as it does here.

(and it's working right now, IN THIS VERY THREAD! Wink )
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »

Maybe it's because the aliens who hybridized humans have influence over human governments? Wouldn't David Icke agree?

I'm not sure how that addresses my post, sorry. 9/11 Liars sure have a strange way of debating.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 03:58:04 AM »

I'm not sure how that addresses my post, sorry. 9/11 Liars sure have a strange way of debating.

So, why don't you provide some evidence for your hypothesis? Or do you still remember being destroyed on this topic the last time you debated it?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 04:15:00 AM »

He would have lacked the imagination to think it up or agree to it.

Btw: Is anybody in the world besides me still aware of the fact that nobody including Al-Qaeda expected the towers to collapse if a plane flew into them? That nobody thought of it even while the towers were burning (which affected the number of victims upward)? Or that it wouldn't even have happened if the second plane had impacted as high up as the first one?
Or of the somewhat sad and bizarre jumbled story of how the things came to be viewed as a symbol for a number of things they have zilch to do with (America's perceived war on Islam and American world capitalist domination), which is what made them a target?

Thanks in advance.

(Oh, also: What that says about Western secret service's and armed forces' reaction to them - namely proving what peaceniks have always held about them. That they're dominated by wackjobs whom it's unsafe to give any sort of influence to, and abolishing them might well end up doing more good than harm.)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 04:32:45 AM »

Btw: Is anybody in the world besides me still aware of the fact that nobody including Al-Qaeda expected the towers to collapse if a plane flew into them?
I'm pretty sure they (the bad guys) expected/hoped them to "fall over" like a lot people that don't understand how large buildings work assumed they would if they came down.  I'll look for a cite.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It was thought about.
The "armed forces" don't get to pick where they go fight, that's the job of our elected officials.  Blaming them for Iraq is like blaming a car because a drunk ran over your neighbor.

(I was going to say "is like blaming a gun because somebody got murdered" but then I remembered who I was talking to)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 04:38:43 AM »

I wasn't talking of the rank and file, Deado.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:36 AM »

The "leaders" of the armed forces don't pick either.  Except for the CINC of course, but again, he/she is elected.  It makes much more sense to blame the American* people.

*and the fine citizens of Australia, United Kingdom, Romania, El Salvador, Estonia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Albania, Ukraine, Denmark, Czech Republic, South Korea, Japan, Tonga, Azerbaijan, Singapore, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Latvia, Poland, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Mongolia, Georgia, Slovakia,Lithuania, Italy, Norway, Hungary, Netherlands, Portugal, New Zealand, Thailand, Philippines, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Spain, Nicaragua and Iceland
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »

Roll Eyes

Politicians trust experts. Or rather "experts". (And wtf does Iraq even have to do with it? I'm talking of the crucial weeks after 9/11. I'm talking of what led to OEF's continued existence, and to hundreds of innocents-at-first-and-a-half glance being sent to Gitmo for years, etc etc...)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:39 AM »

Btw: Is anybody in the world besides me still aware of the fact that nobody including Al-Qaeda expected the towers to collapse if a plane flew into them?
I'm pretty sure they (the bad guys) expected/hoped them to "fall over" like a lot people that don't understand how large buildings work assumed they would if they came down.  I'll look for a cite
I've found two mentions of it, but both are just random people on the internet mentioning it (and one of those was concerning the 1993 bombings) so I maybe missremembering, but I don't think I am.  It's not exactly an easy thing to search for.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 05:51:46 AM »

You are. Be sure of it.

You should at least remember Bin Ladin's gloating video message a few weeks after... with its whole "we succeeded beyond our wildest expectations at punishing the dirty dogs" angle.

Oh, and just a few irrelevant sidenotes:

Who by? Certainly not the statics expert I remember on German tv explaining, a few hours after, that it wasn't really all that surprising as everybody else was still thinking, and that he should have. And certainly nobody high up the chain of command of the NYC Fire Department.
(Oh, and yeah, anyone thinking of destroying the building would have been thinking to topple it - destroying more buildings in its path, as talked of in Fight Club for instance - rather than make it crumble. It was really rather unthinkable to the layman. But even dreaming of that as a best outcome - which of course Atta etc may well have done; we wouldn't know - is very, very different from planning.)

I wouldn't ever think of blaming "a gun" or "a car"... but don't you think fewer such deaths would happen if such things weren't so easy to get access to? Most homicides happen in a drunken rage among family and friends. And robberies are - statistically demonstrably though I don't feel like drudging through the vast amounts of evidence, all of it analysed with partisan interest (by both sides), for a good link - more likely to end in fatalities where guns are more abundant, not that that should surprise anybody. Cars, even more than guns, are certainly too ubiquitous for anybody's good. Not that there's a realistic way of changing that, so I tend to just fuggetaboutit.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 08:05:05 AM »

Libby, what websites are you loitering on that have solid undisputalbe information (in writing i presume)?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 08:26:23 AM »

The 9/11 truth conspiracy is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Bush wasn't THAT evil, was he?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »

No.  Too many variables that could never have been controlled.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »

This website goes through the movie Loose Change and debunks literally every single line in it, and with it just about every 9/11 conspiracy theory.  Beyond that, if 9/11 really were some sort of conspiracy, then tens if not hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people would necessarily have to be in on it, and yet not one has come out claiming that 9/11 was a government conspiracy.  That's rather remarkable considering that people do that with the JFK assassination semi-annually, and actually get their stories in quasi-respectable publications.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »

So, why don't you provide some evidence for your hypothesis? Or do you still remember being destroyed on this topic the last time you debated it?

This is Gustaf's Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »

No (Normal).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies