Brownback winning by large Margin in Kansas (59-32) SUSA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:16:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Brownback winning by large Margin in Kansas (59-32) SUSA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brownback winning by large Margin in Kansas (59-32) SUSA  (Read 573 times)
Dgov
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=d6163984-1a7f-4902-b4d3-f003d08c7276

It's refreshing to see a SUSA poll where Black voters actually seem reasonably in line with their actual voting record.  The partisan breakdown might be a little much however, with 57% of Likely voters being Republican.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=d6163984-1a7f-4902-b4d3-f003d08c7276

It's refreshing to see a SUSA poll where Black voters actually seem reasonably in line with their actual voting record.  The partisan breakdown might be a little much however, with 57% of Likely voters being Republican.

you mean blacks will vote "**" ?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »

It seems that you didn't listen when we told you to stop looking at crosstabs.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »

Why?? I think looking crosstabs is positive for people who want to know everything about the poll. Imagine, if Kirk is leading gianoulias by 5% in a poll, but is carrying 40%of the black vote, should I think kirk is leading??
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »

Why?? I think looking crosstabs is positive for people who want to know everything about the poll. Imagine, if Kirk is leading gianoulias by 5% in a poll, but is carrying 40%of the black vote, should I think kirk is leading??

Because categories like "black voters", "18-29" which are a tiny part of the sample have a gigantic margin of error and provide no serious statistical information. Only subsamples that involve the whole sample or something or a good chunk of it are useful.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »

Because categories like "black voters", "18-29" which are a tiny part of the sample have a gigantic margin of error and provide no serious statistical information. Only subsamples that involve the whole sample or something or a good chunk of it are useful.

I agree. But, SUSA polls always show republicans crushing democrats with young people and picking up 20-30% of afroamericans.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »

I agree. But, SUSA polls always show republicans crushing democrats with young people and picking up 20-30% of afroamericans.

Thanks for giving me an example of a reason why we should ignore these types of subsamples.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »

Thanks for giving me an example of a reason why we should ignore these types of subsamples.

Um, are you questioning the poll itself or the idea of using the Crosstabs?  Because in the dozen or so polls I've seen, I'm willing to bet there's enough 18-34 yr-olds to reduce the margin of error to something worth looking at.

And just for the record, SUSA isn't the only pollster to have the Republicans winning the youth vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies