Democrats in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:21:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Democrats in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Democrat should be nominated for President in 2008?
Sen. Evan Bayh (IN)

Sen. Hillary R. Clinton (NY)

Ex-Gov. Howard Dean (VT)

Sen. Chris Dodd (CT)

Ex-Sen. John Edwards (NC)

Sen. Barack Obama (IL)

Gov. Tom Vilsack (IA)

Gov. Mark Warner (VA)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Democrats in 2008  (Read 10007 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: November 10, 2004, 11:36:34 PM »

Bayh and Warner have a good chance of pulling Republican votes if the Reps go hard right.

Edwards is an empty suit and people are realizing it.  If he gets some real policy experience under his hat he could be a good candidate in 4 years.

Dean would need to rehabilitate himself.  Head of the DNC is probably a great job for him, but it signals the end of his running for public office.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 10:42:32 AM »

Head of the DNC is probably a great job for him, but it signals the end of his running for public office.

And watch at the DNC Chair calls half of the party Democrats in name only and the Republican wing of the Democratic Party... I'd be in a very difficult fix if he became chair as would many moderate and conservative democrats... Dona Brazil all the way! That said James Carville would be fun Smiley

At least he would stand for something.  We would have a barometer for judging whetehr democrats are left or right of the core DNC.

Carville would be a hoot, especially since I expcet he would still want to work on CNN. 
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 01:36:57 PM »

Head of the DNC is probably a great job for him, but it signals the end of his running for public office.

And watch at the DNC Chair calls half of the party Democrats in name only and the Republican wing of the Democratic Party... I'd be in a very difficult fix if he became chair as would many moderate and conservative democrats... Dona Brazil all the way! That said James Carville would be fun Smiley

At least he would stand for something.  We would have a barometer for judging whetehr democrats are left or right of the core DNC.

Carville would be a hoot, especially since I expcet he would still want to work on CNN. 

Hey! I'm quite fond of the Ragin' Cagen! Smiley

Dean isn't liberal though, he suddenly became liberal in early 2003, and before that he wouldn't have been out of place with Libertarian leaning Dems like Tony Knowles and Brian Schweitzer it was breath taking to see how radical he drove towards the far left of the party, had he remained a passionate moderate he would have been a competive candidate but he wasn’t and added to this he then had the temerity to turn round to moderate and conservative dems and even broad groups like the DLC and lecture us on what “real democrats” where all about an how we where not really democrats but hailed from the “Republican wing of the Democratic Party”… I’m sorry but the man has some cheek.

Dean is liberal in belief, moderate in action.  He believes it is better to take baby steps toward his core beliefs than to try and go for it all at once and end up getting nothing done.

You are right that his running far left and insulting tone hurts his position in the party.

Carville, unlike most of the potential DNC heads, at least remains in touch with reality and understands the message of the recent election cycles.  I just think it would be funny for CNN to keep saying they have no editorial bias or slant and have the DNC chief on their payroll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies