Democrats in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Democrats in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Democrat should be nominated for President in 2008?
Sen. Evan Bayh (IN)

Sen. Hillary R. Clinton (NY)

Ex-Gov. Howard Dean (VT)

Sen. Chris Dodd (CT)

Ex-Sen. John Edwards (NC)

Sen. Barack Obama (IL)

Gov. Tom Vilsack (IA)

Gov. Mark Warner (VA)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Democrats in 2008  (Read 9989 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: November 07, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »

Early early days, but which Democrat should run in 2008?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »

IMHO these guys are the best Democrats can hope for...

1. Evan Bayh
Has cross-over appeal and would appeal to Republicans and Democrats alike. Might even, shock horror, carry his state of Indiana for the Democrats (of course depending on who he's up against).

2. Mark Warner
Has leadership experience as Govenor, charismatic, would also appeal to both sides of the political divide. Like Bayh a unifying, not a polarising, figure.

3. John Edwards
Only drawback would be his lack of political experience, but still possesses the charisma as well as ability to attract vast funding to pull off a Presidential bid. An Edwards/Bayh or an Edwards/Ford ticket could do very well in my view.

No, no, no:

Hillary R. Clinton
I like Hillary. I do. But she wouldn't be the right choice. 2004 has shown that North East liberals have a very hard time winning the votes of Middle America, besides she's a very polarising figure which is the last thing America needs after eight years of possibly the most polarising Presidency in modern times.

Howard Dean
I like Howard. I do. But he'd be another McGovern no matter who he faces, and in a day and age where television watches a Presidential candidate's every move he slips up too many times. I can envisage him losing his cool during a debate (...even though that didn't stop GWB from winning this year.....).

John Kerry
I like Kerry. I do. Unfortunately the track record of most Democratic losers, from HHH to Gore, doesn't bode well. But then I suppose only time will tell whether Kerry can come back from the political dead, so watch this space. Well, not this space. It's just a saying, 's all.

Barack Obama
I like Obama. I do. But he's too inexperienced. Maybe in 2012 (or in 2020, after eight years of Ahnuld).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies