2004: Bush vs Kucinich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:28:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Bush vs Kucinich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004: Bush vs Kucinich  (Read 4549 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:56 AM »

George Bush/Dick Cheney

vs

Dennis Kucinich/Carol Moseley Braun
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »

472-66
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »

I agree with your map, we would basically have a 1972 redo with this matchup.
joece
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 10:59:47 PM »

George Bush manages to win 49 of the 50 states, but narrowly loses Vermont to Dennis Kucinich, in addition to the District of Columbia.

Bush finishes with 60-62 percent of the vote on election night, and manages to win California by a 58-40 margin.

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

Kucinich would do George McGovern proud. For starters, he'd lose Ohio even worse than John Kerry. I also think Bush would do surprisingly well in the big cities because he'd use Kucinich's record (as mayor of Cleveland) against him. DC still goes for Kucinich, though, so he doesn't lose 0-538.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »

Kucinich/Bush

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

pretty good map. DC, VT, MA and RI are very likely Kucinich. NY, MD and ME-1 are somewhat likely.  IL and CA are possible but less likely. I do think Bush wins but gets less than 60% in IA, NM and NH, and over 70% only in UT, ID, WY, NE and OK.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »

No matter how weak a candidate Kucinich might be, people seem to be forgetting that George W. Bush is still the other option on the ballot. Even with the much-hyped "9/11 bounce", Bush barely broke 40% in New York. New England states like Maine and New Hampshire swung Democratic due to dislike for Bush, not love for Kerry.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kucinich did better than Kerry in Vermont, possibly breaking 60%. I don't think Kucinich is any more extreme than Bernie Sanders. At the very least he would have absorbed much of Nader's support.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »

Bush wins 516-22. He breaks 60% in most states. In some he has 70-90%.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

Bush taking 90% in Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia?  70% in New Hampshire, Montana, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia? Let's be reasonable now, that's just ridiculous.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »

No matter how weak a candidate Kucinich might be, people seem to be forgetting that George W. Bush is still the other option on the ballot. Even with the much-hyped "9/11 bounce", Bush barely broke 40% in New York. New England states like Maine and New Hampshire swung Democratic due to dislike for Bush, not love for Kerry.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kucinich did better than Kerry in Vermont, possibly breaking 60%. I don't think Kucinich is any more extreme than Bernie Sanders. At the very least he would have absorbed much of Nader's support.

Are you really that much of a Kucinich hack? Roll Eyes
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »

I'm not really sure what he sees in him.  He's not "mainstream" and he's anti-war.  That's about it.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2010, 11:13:34 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Bush taking 90% in Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia?  70% in New Hampshire, Montana, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia? Let's be reasonable now, that's just ridiculous.

No less ridiculous than what you think of Kucinich. By the way re: Nader, Kucinich would have a far greater problem with moderate/conservative Democrats than Kerry did with liberal Democrats. Nader wasn't even much of a factor in 2004 because Kerry was already a liberal. However, Kerry succeeded in portraying himself as a "moderate" who had the better ideas on Iraq, the economy, and so forth. That's why he won New Hampshire and other states, and did pretty well among "moderates". There's no way that Kucinich could do that, and there's no way he could do better than Kerry anywhere. Kucinich could never win the same "moderates" (specifically, conservative Democrats) where Kerry managed to do well. Kerry was at least mainstream and could be considered a credible candidate, the same could never be said of Kucinich.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »

LOL, you people are posting ridiculous maps with George W. Bush taking 90% of the vote and then accusing me of being a "hack"... Roll Eyes
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »

LOL, you people are posting ridiculous maps with George W. Bush taking 90% of the vote and then accusing me of being a "hack"... Roll Eyes

Where have I had any state with Bush over 90%? The highest I have is over 70%, and even then in states like Utah and Oklahoma, where Bush taking over 70% against Kucinich is plausible.

And, of course, even if you were correct on that point, it doesn't mean that you're not a hack.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »

Where have I had any state with Bush over 90%? The highest I have is over 70%, and even then in states like Utah and Oklahoma, where Bush taking over 70% against Kucinich is plausible.

And, of course, even if you were correct on that point, it doesn't mean that you're not a hack.

feeblepizza gave Bush 90%+ in multiple states.

And I gave Dennis a whopping 66 electoral votes versus 472 for Bush, what a Kucinich hack I am... Roll Eyes
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »

feeblepizza gave Bush 90%+ in multiple states.

And I gave Dennis a whopping 66 electoral votes versus 472 for Bush, what a Kucinich hack I am... Roll Eyes

Okay, I concede on that count. I still think you're being overly generous to Kucinich, however.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies