Rick Scott chooses pick for Lt Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:50:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rick Scott chooses pick for Lt Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Scott chooses pick for Lt Governor  (Read 1631 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

http://www.rickscottforflorida.com/home/blog/2010/09/02/meet-my-pick-for-lt-governor/

I wonder if she'll help any.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »

Good pick.  It won't hurt him and will soften his appearance as antiALLimmigrants ALL the time.

Now on to discuss something more important: Scott's viability.  I have to be honest States-I'm having a hard time seeing Scott pulling off a victory over Sink.  I'm not being an alarmist or trying to annoy you (and no, I was definitely NOT a McCollum fan/bitter McCollum supporter).  Scott has let Sink control the airwaves for the past week and I don't think he's even going to buy ads for the next upcoming week.  Sink is getting good press and Chiles dropping out isn't going to help him either.  I suppose Scott is maybe waiting until October to blast Sink with 50-70 million in negative campaign ads but that may be too late if Sink has the month of September to define Scott.  Race is a tossup favoring Sink.

I'm still undecided.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »

Sigh. Why must Scott taint Carroll's bright political future with a likely loss this November?
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »

Sigh. Why must Scott taint Carroll's bright political future with a likely loss this November?

lol actually my thought was 'I feel so bad because this nice woman is about to be dragged through the mud.'
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2010, 05:42:04 PM by DrScholl »

He picked her because he believes a double threat will help him. Woman? Check. Minority? Check. It couldn't be anymore transparent.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »

Just to let you know StatesRights, I now will support Scott.

I am a HUGE Carroll fan. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »

He picked her because he believes a double threat will help him. Woman? Check. Minority? Check. It couldn't be anymore transparent.

Racist.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

His pick as actually made me a little enthusiastic about this race now.

http://scottcarrollforflorida.com
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:59:51 PM »

I'm shocked. You're willing to support the man just because he chose Carroll? She isn't going to be governor if elected he will. The man has a worse business record than Fiorina. And it's pretty hard to be her tenure at HP in crappiness. Tongue
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:15 PM »

I'm shocked. You're willing to support the man just because he chose Carroll? She isn't going to be governor if elected he will. The man has a worse business record than Fiorina. And it's pretty hard to be her tenure at HP in crappiness. Tongue

Well the way I see it, Sink has been in office for 3 years now and I can't name one thing she has done.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 02:00:55 AM »

For once, I actually agree with a Lefty on Racial issues.  The fact that he touted her as "The First African-American on a statewide Republican ticket" in like the 3rd sentence in his introduction of her basically screams ethnic pandering.  And stupid ethnic pandering too--A Hispanic would have been a much better pick considering Florida blacks are even more Liberal than they are nationally.

Though running on the same ticket as Rubio does kind of cover that angle.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 07:14:25 AM »

For once, I actually agree with a Lefty on Racial issues.  The fact that he touted her as "The First African-American on a statewide Republican ticket" in like the 3rd sentence in his introduction of her basically screams ethnic pandering.  And stupid ethnic pandering too--A Hispanic would have been a much better pick considering Florida blacks are even more Liberal than they are nationally.

The point isn't to win black voters, it's to win moderate independents that will feel reassured that Scott picked a "moderate" minority.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »

Well the way I see it, Sink has been in office for 3 years now and I can't name one thing she has done.

The one who won't do nothing will be carroll. scott is only there because he has millions and millions. do you think he will work FOR the people (like crist)Huh He only wants to be governor because, now that he has money, he wants power. and he only picked carroll because she is black and a woman. if carroll were a white man, do you think he would have picked her??
Dgov
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »

Actually, after looking her up some more, she seems to be a very good candidate in her own right.  I kind of wish this ticket was flipped to be honest.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

Actually, after looking her up some more, she seems to be a very good candidate in her own right.  I kind of wish this ticket was flipped to be honest.

I agree, it would be better if it wasn't Scott lol
but Carroll is a great candidate, and I was HOPING Crist was going to pick her for the interim Senate seat, but he didn't.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »

Hmmm, a Trinidadian immigrant who represents an 80% nhw, 72% Bush (2000) district. Entertaining. Goodlooking for her age, too.

Sorry, I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, I'm just musing aloud.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies