WA-03: SurveyUSA: Herrera(R) up substantially
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:14:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  WA-03: SurveyUSA: Herrera(R) up substantially
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-03: SurveyUSA: Herrera(R) up substantially  (Read 2696 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »

WA-03(SurveyUSA)

Herrera(R): 54%
Heck(D): 41%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=a971aa52-73bd-4b3f-9181-6775402a2d77&c=28
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »

Total Rep primary vote = 53.7%
Total Dem primary vote = 42.5%

No big surprise there.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »

Thanks Baird.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »

I've known this seat was gone the moment Baird announced his retirement. I'd be a bit surprised if she won by 13, though.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »

I wonder how GOP Vancouver, WA has become due to and given its status as the ultimate US tax haven: you live and work in Vancouver, and pay no income taxes, and drive across the bridge to Portland to buy stuff, where there is no sales tax.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »

I wonder how GOP Vancouver, WA has become due to and given its status as the ultimate US tax haven: you live and work in Vancouver, and pay no income taxes, and drive across the bridge to Portland to buy stuff, where there is no sales tax.

The actual city is usually Democratic. Its suburbs tend to be solidly Republican though, and the county leans R.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2010, 03:07:15 AM by A Tree For Trials »

I'm willing to bet that even without the sales tax most stuff is more expensive in Portland anyway. At least not to the point where it's worth the gas money. The Montana/South Dakota border would be a far better place to take advantage of that setup if anyone actually lived there.

I do remember though that my mom would always buy me and my brothers new shoes and usually shopped a lot for new clothes whenever we were visiting Minnesota, because they were exempt from the sales tax unlike North Dakota. At least 80% of my shoes purchased in my childhood were purchased in Minnesota. That habit of her's I HATED. (I had kind of a weird attachment to our local malls because I went to them so often. Shopping at other malls in weird places that I didn't recognize just seemed WRONG to me.)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected, SurveyUSA. Now, go be a pal and poll the Larsen district. Thanks.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »

That's a Heck of a lead.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected, SurveyUSA. Now, go be a pal and poll the Larsen district. Thanks.

I think he's more endangered than Murray. Smiley

Redistricting is probably going to make the district significantly more Koster-friendly in 2012 by cutting out Everett, so I suppose I would rather keep Larsen around to hold it...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »

Not sure why they wasted their money doing this right now. The primary election was essentially just a big opinion poll. Hopefully this means they'll poll it again in a few weeks though.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »

I think Heck can make an excellent congressman, but herrera isn't that bad, so people from there will choose a good representative YES or YES.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »

I think Heck can make an excellent congressman, but herrera isn't that bad, so people from there will choose a good representative YES or YES.

Herrera doesn't have a brain, she may be somewhat moderate but I don't think she would have much of an impact in congress. It sort of frustrates me seeing as I always was disappointed by Baird (including his decision to throw away this seat) and Heck would have made a great congressman.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2010, 06:20:23 PM by Torie »

The Dems will be working very hard to save Larsen (he will be in the top 15-20 in that department for the Dems). That is about it, when it comes to WA CD's with some nexus with suspense.
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:50 AM »

Herrera doesn't have a brain, she may be somewhat moderate but I don't think she would have much of an impact in congress. It sort of frustrates me seeing as I always was disappointed by Baird (including his decision to throw away this seat) and Heck would have made a great congressman.

Democrats always say that about Republican women. 

Oh they're stupid, brainless, dumb, etc.

She'll be a fine congresswoman. She's right on the issues
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 12:54:28 AM »

There are plenty of Republican women who are bright and thoughtful. However, as someone who has spent extended time watching and listening to Herrera in person, I can assure you that she is not a very intelligent individual. Most of what she says is just a regurgitation of basic Republican talking points you'd hear from an analyst on Fox News. She has yet to propose a unique policy of her own this entire campaign. If not for her youth, race and gender there would be absolutely nothing remarkable about her whatsoever.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »

There are plenty of Republican women who are bright and thoughtful. However, as someone who has spent extended time watching and listening to Herrera in person, I can assure you that she is not a very intelligent individual. Most of what she says is just a regurgitation of basic Republican talking points you'd hear from an analyst on Fox News. She has yet to propose a unique policy of her own this entire campaign. If not for her youth, race and gender there would be absolutely nothing remarkable about herhim whatsoever.

Kinda like our President...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

There are plenty of Republican women who are bright and thoughtful. However, as someone who has spent extended time watching and listening to Herrera in person, I can assure you that she is not a very intelligent individual. Most of what she says is just a regurgitation of basic Republican talking points you'd hear from an analyst on Fox News. She has yet to propose a unique policy of her own this entire campaign. If not for her youth, race and gender there would be absolutely nothing remarkable about herhim whatsoever.

And since you find President Obama unqualified for those reasons then you should also find Jaime Herrera to be unqualified Smiley
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »

And since you find President Obama unqualified for those reasons then you should also find Jaime Herrera to be unqualified Smiley
I almost didn't have anything to say...but

I never said he was 'unqualified' I just simply am saying there is nothing remarkable about him if it weren't for his race and youth. Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

I almost didn't have anything to say...but

I never said he was 'unqualified' I just simply am saying there is nothing remarkable about him if it weren't for his race and youth. Smiley

Except that, whether or not you agree with what he's doing, Obama is clearly a very intelligent man. Stupid people don't end up President of the Harvard Law Review.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

The interesting thing about this poll is that the similarity to the primary results provides some form of validation of Survey USA's poll numbers. Given that Survey USA has been coming out with numbers that are notably more Republican than those of other pollsters, this is definitely something that should be taken into account.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies