west va? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  west va? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: west va?  (Read 15468 times)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« on: November 06, 2004, 11:39:46 AM »

I have no problem that the state with the highest incest and domestic violence rates voted for Bush.

But seriously, have you ever driven to some of those isolated towns in rural West Virginia? It's downright scary and looks like it's out of a horror movie, I'm not kidding.

Exactly the type of thinking that leads to the democrats getting slaughtered in rural areas.

I love rural areas....just not West Virginia's.

Seriously, take a drive through some of the dying small towns in northern West Virginia. You will be shocked. It is such a different world. It's actually quite amazing. I helped a good friend of mine (conservative) move into to a house down there. Full size home, built in the 50's....renting it for $100 a month.
Sounds much like rural areas in the Eastern and Northern parts of Finland.

I don't think that West Virginia will ever be Democratic state again in the same way like it was decades ago, but it's not yet that conservative state like the rest of the South. Bush got over 60 percent of votes in Alabama, despite that about 1/4 of state's voters are blacks. It seems that nearly 90 percent of whites voted for Bush. Only very few percent of the population of WV is Afro-Americans, what means that almost half of white people in WV still vote for Dems.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies