You Don't Know Dudley!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  You Don't Know Dudley!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You Don't Know Dudley!  (Read 798 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:49:57 PM »

That's fun to say.  Not as fun as "Dubie" but whatevsky.  DGA launched a cute site on our favorite free throw ace running for governor:

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

He shopped for houses in Connecticut? He voted for and campaigned for George Bush? It's "risky" to vote for him cause he's not currently governor...? He flip flops? He wanted to go work for Wall Street but didn't?

And ... wow, Dudley "has seen his organization regularly file its taxes late."

Was the DGA going for the most bland, non-specific stuff they could find? If this is the best they have against Dudley, dude is gonna win in a landslide.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

He shopped for houses in Connecticut? He voted for and campaigned for George Bush? It's "risky" to vote for him cause he's not currently governor...? He flip flops? He wanted to go work for Wall Street but didn't?

And ... wow, Dudley "has seen his organization regularly file its taxes late."

Was the DGA going for the most bland, non-specific stuff they could find? If this is the best they have against Dudley, dude is gonna win in a landslide.

Well, many attack sites first open with a spaghetti on the wall approach -- throw everything and see what sticks, and hone on the best arguments.

I think the best argument against Dudley is that he's utterly unqualified for the job [a couple years as a "financial planner" and as a union rep in the NBA are the qualifications he touts most often] and has incredibly shallow roots in the state.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

Well, many attack sites first open with a spaghetti on the wall approach -- throw everything and see what sticks, and hone on the best arguments.

I understand that, but ... I'm saying that they didn't actually throw anything.

I think the best argument against Dudley is that he's utterly unqualified for the job [a couple years as a "financial planner" and as a union rep in the NBA are the qualifications he touts most often] and has incredibly shallow roots in the state.

Perhaps. But if that's the case, why not make the website focus on that first and foremost? It'd be more effective than the big ol' nothing that's clogging it up.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »

I see your point,  but the spaghetti strategy lets the site be interactive and deal hit after hit --I think the George Bush point is valid, as is the offshore drilling one, etc.  Television ads later on can hone in on the 30 second big-impact ideas.  How about this as a compromise?

CHRIS DUDLEY WAS THE WORST FREE SHOOTER IN THE NBA, HE THREW A BALL AT SHAQ, AND NOW HE WANTS TO BE YOUR GOVERNOR??!

Smiley

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies