I'm going to be rich.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:36:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  I'm going to be rich.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to be rich.  (Read 839 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »

Bonds never go down, folks. They only go up. I've quit my job, and I've levered all my assets 10 to 1, and so is my entire friends and family... nearly 100 people. We've invested it all in government bonds! I encourage you to do the same. German bunds are up 8 percent this year, which means they will be up 16 percent the full year, and 10 year Treasuries will do the same! The 10 year Treasury bond mutual fund is already up 14 percent this year, and the year is only half over, meaning a return of 28 percent for the full year.

At this rate, if you lever up all your savings 10 to 1, you might never have to work again. In 10 years, the value of a new government bond you buy today will be worth 11-12 times as much at a 28% annual return. That means a 110-120 TIMES return on capital! If you invest $1,000, you will get back $100,000!

Heck, PM me and I'll give you a loan for nothing collateralized by government bonds. The person at my Citibank has already told me that Citibank has loaned its entire remaining balance sheet to bond speculators. There are 1,000 lined up at the post office mailing in their request to buy government bonds. It's a guaranteed way to riches.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

Heh. My bond for my uni education died on it's arse. It's about half the value it would have been 5 years ago.
Cato

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »

You best be trolling.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »

Are you gonna be rich because we all do this?  Bonds CAN go down in value albeit usually not much.  Look at the Federal Government "F" Funds which is Fixed Income.  That has had negative returns in the past.  Explain your logic for this before I consider you a troll looking to dump securities on unsuspecting people.

Ever watch Grapes of Wrath- "800 pickers wanted.  They's payin' high wages.  Let's go to Cal-e-for-nigh-A."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

I think there a slight chance that Beet is sarcastically suggesting that there is something wrong with bond markets, but what do I know...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »

of course - who wouldn't trust the government to make them rich?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »

I think there a slight chance that Beet is sarcastically suggesting that there is something wrong with bond markets, but what do I know...

Yes, but also sort of lampooning those saying there is a 'bond market bubble'. If you look around, although bonds are rallying no one is acting like I was in my OP, which is the typical behavior for a bubble. Not saying bonds are fairly valued. But people are rushing into bonds because they're afraid, not because they're greedy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies