Poll: Huckabee leads in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:14:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll: Huckabee leads in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: Huckabee leads in Iowa  (Read 1056 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »

22% Huckabee
18% Romney
14% Gingrich
11% Palin
  5% Paul
  1% Pawlenty
  1% Thune
23% Undecided

Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum garnered support in the poll but it did not surpass the one percent threshold.  Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour and Texas Governor Rick Perry did not register any support in the poll.

About the poll:

TheIowaRepublican.com commissioned the poll in conjunction with Concordia Group LLC, an Iowa based public affairs company.  The poll surveyed 399 Republican likely voters across the state and has a margin of error of 4.91%.  The poll was conducted by Voter Consumer Research, a highly respected polling firm based in Washington D.C. All interviews were conducted via telephone with trained interviewers at Voter/Consumer Research’s phone center in Houston, Texas, between July 25th and July 28th.

http://theiowarepublican.com/home/2010/08/16/huckabee-leads-2012-iowa-caucus-poll-%E2%80%93-palin-finishes-fourth-behind-newt/
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »

Shocking news, must be the christian conservatives pulling for Huckabee.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »

I really want to see that poll without Huckabee.  People, he is not going to run in 2012.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

I really want to see that poll without Huckabee.  People, he is not going to run in 2012.

I agree that Huckabee won't run. He is old news and why bother straining your health on another campaign if you're unlikely to win anyway? I figure that most of his supporters would go to Palin if Huck wasn't running, and that thus she would be leading in IA right now.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »

I agree that Huckabee won't run. He is old news and why bother straining your health on another campaign if you're unlikely to win anyway? I figure that most of his supporters would go to Palin if Huck wasn't running, and that thus she would be leading in IA right now.
I don't know.  Palin's favorability ratingd do not reflect the percentage of people that think she is fit for the office of President.  I can see Gingrich, who for some reason is a Republican rockstar, doing well and Pawlenty (the polling will better reflect him once he gets his name out).  The same goes for Thune, in fact Thune could realistically surpass both Gingrich and Pawlenty if he chooses to run.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

I don't know.  Palin's favorability ratingd do not reflect the percentage of people that think she is fit for the office of President.  I can see Gingrich, who for some reason is a Republican rockstar, doing well and Pawlenty (the polling will better reflect him once he gets his name out).  The same goes for Thune, in fact Thune could realistically surpass both Gingrich and Pawlenty if he chooses to run.

I was talking about the present. I think that Palin would be leading in Iowa right now because Huck and her seem to appeal strongly to the same demographic (Evangelicals). That doesn't mean Palin is going to win IA in the end and it also doesn't say anything about how the other 49 states will vote.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »

I agree he's pretty likely to skip the race but I doubt he's already decided.  I think he'd have a better chance to win the nomination than people give him.  Win Iowa, South Carolina, get 2nd in FL, end up in a 2-man race with a vulnerable Romney.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »

They didn't include Gary Johnson, who we all know is at least leading by 30 points in Iowa. Joke poll Tongue

But seriously, if Huckabee does not run, I imagine Gingrich would benefit the most, followed by Palin.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2010, 12:38:00 PM by MQuinn »

You do know that Huck was one of the more moderate candidates in 2008. The only issue that he was a real right-winger was abortion. And now after the election probably gay marriage, but I doubt he would campaign on that. (I remember that even the Huffington post commended Huck on debating the issue like an adult when confronted about it)  He was against school vouchers and wanted more public school funding.

It boggles my mind why Mitt does so well every time. He is possibly the worst type of politician.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 01:05:07 AM »

You do know that Huck was one of the more moderate candidates in 2008. The only issue that he was a real right-winger was abortion. And now after the election probably gay marriage, but I doubt he would campaign on that. (I remember that even the Huffington post commended Huck on debating the issue like an adult when confronted about it)  He was against school vouchers and wanted more public school funding.

It boggles my mind why Mitt does so well every time. He is possibly the worst type of politician.

Huckabee was liberal on economics, but conservative on social issues. That's why he did so well with the Religious Right in 2008. And Mitt does well because he spends a lot of money promoting himself and making ads. That often pays off.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »

I agree he's pretty likely to skip the race but I doubt he's already decided.  I think he'd have a better chance to win the nomination than people give him.  Win Iowa, South Carolina, get 2nd in FL, end up in a 2-man race with a vulnerable Romney.

Were it not for Fred Thompson in South Carolina, that's likely how it would've went down last time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 05:45:24 AM »

Looks like they also released results for the scenario where neither Huckabee nor Palin run:

link

Romney – 26
Gingrich – 18
Paul – 7
Pawlenty – 3
Thune – 1
Perry – 1
Santorum – 1
Barbour – 0

undecided - 39
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »

Looks like they also released results for the scenario where neither Huckabee nor Palin run:

link

Romney – 26
Gingrich – 18
Paul – 7
Pawlenty – 3
Thune – 1
Perry – 1
Santorum – 1
Barbour – 0

undecided - 39

That's awesome.  Now I wonder what happens when you replace Paul with Johnson, take out Perry, and give Thune and Pawlenty popularity boosts.  And if you want toss in Daniels.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies