Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:55:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 342594 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »

I saw Rush on the Vapor Trails tour. You won't be disappointed, they are incredible live.

Unfortunately, they never come to Hampton Roads.

Just on Saturday I bought "Working Men" which apparently is the best of Rush live. It includes a bunch of stuff from I think Rio and I think from the Netherlands or somewhere like that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 09:04:08 AM »

Good news:
I'll be going to an Alice Cooper concert this summer and possibly a Rush concert next month!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »

Does anyone have a link to a live version of "Waiting for the Sun" by the Doors, performed by the original group? All I can find are covers and versions by the new incernation of the Doors (the Riders on the Storm).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »

Is there any method putting recorded music (say an mp3 file) onto the internet? I'm looking for something that works like the forum gallery: You basically just put in the file from your computer and **kazam** you can listen to it online, and thus provide a link elsewhere.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »

thanks.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 06:00:22 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2011, 06:03:19 PM by Cathcon »

two of my friends are in a band called "Theory of the Fallen". While I wasn't able to see them, they performed last night. While it was the type of music that BRTD's been trying to make me listen to, once I find a youtube video (apparently there are recordings of it made, amateurly), I'll provide a link. The reason they did screamo lyrics was because they had three weeks notice before performing and had only had their singer for a week and a half. Not knowing what to do, they said "F_ck it, let's do screamo". I'll see if there's a video up or anything.

EDIT: It seems there may be another band of the same name and I'll have to check with my two friends about the name and such.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 06:18:17 AM »

I'd be surprised if this band is real screamo, the stuff I listen to. There is a lot more to screamo than simply "loud music with lots of screaming".

I'll have to find out. As of now I don't think a video is up.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »

Well, my friend's band, which I mentioned earlier, has changed their name to "Untold Meaning" given the existence of a different "Theory of the Fallen". They had another gig on Firday, but I wasn't able to see them due to sickness.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »

I have recently discovered the entirey unparalelled awesomeness of Mr. Marilyn Manson. His sheer talent will melt the skin off your bones if you stand next to him. He is awesome. It is my wish for him to become president of these United States.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 02:24:43 PM »

Went to an Alice Cooper concert in Saturday. One of the best nights of my life.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

I'm  a big fan of 60s Britpop, Right now I'm listening to Badge by Cream, Written by George Harrison (who donated cash to the Natural law party) and sung by Eric Clapton (infamously a Enoch Powell Conservative, ironically for someone whose career is inspeied by black music).

Awesome song.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »

Band I'm in recorded a few weeks ago. Here's track one, if any of y'all are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtpfYYPtj0
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »

Band I'm in recorded a few weeks ago. Here's track one, if any of y'all are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtpfYYPtj0

Awesome piano intro, well done.

The vocals are amazing, clean and unclean. All around pretty heavy. Reminds me of like As I Lay Dying or Chelsea Grin. Will definitely stay tuned.

Thanks a lot, dawg. The other songs haven't been put on youtube so as to avoid copying of it and thus decreasing the market value of our recordings. However, they're available on our facebook page, "Through the Eye of Horus".
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies