opinion of COGOP #fail?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  opinion of COGOP #fail?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
lol

lol....sigh

...sigh....

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: opinion of COGOP #fail?  (Read 4261 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »

Starting a thread from my phone using twitspeak so we don't have to scatter this hilarity across all the many polls confirming the #fml for the COGOP

I'm very amazed by Tanc's support
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »

Epic fail.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

Dan Maes:  Denver's public bicycle program is a sinister UN plot.

"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed.  These aren't just warm, fuzzy ideas from the mayor. These are very specific strategies that are dictated to us by this United Nations program that mayors have signed on to."
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:34 PM »

sigh... They shouldn't have driven Penry out of the race.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »

Funny, 30% of people in the poll on that page take Maes' warning seriously.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »

I got this fundraising email recently, after the polls showed than Governor Presumptive Governor Hickenlooper winning by a 2-1 margin:
[quote]
If you've been following the papers, you know that this campaign has changed dramatically over the last few weeks. We now face a very difficult race against multiple opponents, one of whom has promised that things are going to get "ugly."

We need your support tonight before our MIDNIGHT deadline so we can be ready when the mud starts flying.

Well, I'll tell you what. It couldn't possibly be uglier than this game of H-I-C-K-E-N-L-O-O-P-E-R against Chauncey Billups... unless I challenged him to a dunk contest. The good news is that Chauncey is still going to support me in my race for Governor, and for that I'm extremely grateful.

My opponents may want things to get "ugly," but our campaign will have no part of it. I learned in the restaurant business that there is no margin in making enemies. I'm running to represent all Coloradans and I won't attack the other candidates or their supporters during this election.

The next governor is going to need to be able to bring Republicans, Democrats, and Independents together to grow Colorado's economy and put people back to work. And you can't do that if you go around the state dividing people with attack ads.

Please contribute $25 before our MIDNIGHT deadline and help us run a clean campaign.

Thanks,

John Hickenlooper
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »

At the time McInnis seemed like a good candidate Tongue

It's worth noting that they're doing very well in practically every other race they should be doing well in.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

It's worth noting that they're doing very well in practically every other race they should be doing well in.

The CO GOP isn't doing so hot in fundraising. 

The head of the CO GOP, Dick Wadhams, used to be quite the rising star, managed Thune's campaign to oust Daschle which was quite the accomplishment.  But since then, he managed the collapse of Allen in Virginia, and Bob Schaffer's campaign which couldn't really ever win, but didn't do very well either.

and this governor's race mess is so epic...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »

The CO GOP isn't doing so hot in fundraising. 

The head of the CO GOP, Dick Wadhams, used to be quite the rising star, managed Thune's campaign to oust Daschle which was quite the accomplishment.  But since then, he managed the collapse of Allen in Virginia, and Bob Schaffer's campaign which couldn't really ever win, but didn't do very well either.

and this governor's race mess is so epic...

True Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »

BTW, a bit off topic, but a new Gallup poll shows Colorado as tied for being the 6th most liberal state in terms of self-id (conservative % - liberal %) with New York Shocked
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »

I've always hated that statistic when casually thrown around, as while it's very, very important to know so you understand how much more mainstream the word "conservative" is over "liberal" -- it's not as useful for voting analysis  imo
Dgov
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »

BTW, a bit off topic, but a new Gallup poll shows Colorado as tied for being the 6th most liberal state in terms of self-id (conservative % - liberal %) with New York Shocked

Interesting, as IIRC Rasmussen gives the state the highest percentage of "Tea Party" participants of any state in the US.  It might be that Libertarians are just calling themselves Liberals.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »

Interesting, as IIRC Rasmussen gives the state the highest percentage of "Tea Party" participants of any state in the US.  It might be that Libertarians are just calling themselves Liberals.

I... somehow doubt that.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »

Is it hard to acknowledge that there's some polarization?
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

Funny how the 6th highest liberal percent is 27%, and the 6th highest conservative percent is 49%

Even at that, the Con-Lib gap for Colorado ranks it as the 12th most liberal state, not the 6th, and the conservatives outnumber the libs by a solid 10%
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »

Funny how the 6th highest liberal percent is 27%, and the 6th highest conservative percent is 49%

Even at that, the Con-Lib gap for Colorado ranks it as the 12th most liberal state, not the 6th, and the conservatives outnumber the libs by a solid 10%

Which all assumes that conservatives have the same relationship with the word "conservative" as liberals do with the word "liberal" ....  otherwise it's apples to oranges
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 01:56:59 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2010, 02:01:34 AM by Lief »

I got this fundraising email recently, after the polls showed than Governor Presumptive Governor Hickenlooper winning by a 2-1 margin:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Whoever writes Hickenlooper's email blasts (his press person?) isn't very good at writing coherently or logically.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 01:59:11 AM »

Or they just know that a fundraising pitch isn't the place for complete honesty.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Whoever writes Hickenlooper's email blasts (his press person?) isn't very good at writing coherently or logically.

Well, it's hard to be logical when you try to make McInnis, Maes, and Tancredo appear as legitimate opponents. Tongue

BTW, Hickenlooper announced his running mate, the President of CSU-Pueblo, Joe Garcia. This is a good choice. It geographically balances the ticket by choosing somebody outside the Denver metro, and he is lauded for being intelligent but down to Earth. He is also Hispanic. Great choice.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 08:48:22 AM »

Well, what else would he say? "We're ahead by 20 in the polls, but keep sending us your money please".
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »

Well, what else would he say? "We're ahead by 20 in the polls, but keep sending us your money please".

Of course.  I just found it funny.  In NY, Andrew Cuomo is in a similar situation
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »

I've always hated that statistic when casually thrown around, as while it's very, very important to know so you understand how much more mainstream the word "conservative" is over "liberal" -- it's not as useful for voting analysis  imo

That's true. Colorado has a lot of people who will vote for either party, while New York doesn't as much.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 08:12:10 AM »

ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »

Yes, they definitely failed. How some John Suthers didn't bother running for Senator or Governor in 2010? Isn't he one of the most popular GOPers in Colorado?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:46 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2010, 01:49:00 PM by Mr. X »

CO GOP blowing the gubernatorial election, you call that a fail?  Please Roll Eyes

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38358.html

Now that's a fail Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies