Is this more Internals than usual for this time of year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  Is this more Internals than usual for this time of year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this more Internals than usual for this time of year?  (Read 770 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

Seems like it.

Not a bad campaign strategy for a House race I guess?  Drop $10k on a poll, weight it so you're ahead, and have it be the only piece of statistical information reporters have on the race.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

Perhaps campaigns feel that right now is about the time that donors (and campaign committees) are beginning to make the triage choices, deciding who needs their money, who can probably do without it, and who is such a long-shot that their donations would be a waste?

The DCCC just recently released the seats it would be buying add-time in, for instance (though I assume the DCCC probably has its own internal pollsters).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »

Perhaps campaigns feel that right now is about the time that donors (and campaign committees) are beginning to make the triage choices, deciding who needs their money, who can probably do without it, and who is such a long-shot that their donations would be a waste?

The DCCC just recently released the seats it would be buying add-time in, for instance (though I assume the DCCC probably has its own internal pollsters).

This is not that far from the truth, really. 

The DCCC seat-map purchase is more bullish than what I'm seeing right now, but that's to be expected at this point, since ad buys can be changed as conditions do, and right now you want portray a message of confidence in your planning.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

The trend continues.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »

I doubt it. I just think more of them are getting released due to the unusually large role and influence of the media this year.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »

The reason for more internals is that things are shifting, and rapidly, dumping loads of new seats into play, and so the GOP is just doing an info dump to spread the "good news," in hopes of picking up more cash, or getting corporations to spend several tens of millions more on "independent" ads trashing Dems in the right media markets. Expect to see a cascade of them in the next month. The "in play" list has some more expanding to do.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies