AZ: Rocky Mountian: Brewer leads Goddard by quite a big margin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:46:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AZ: Rocky Mountian: Brewer leads Goddard by quite a big margin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AZ: Rocky Mountian: Brewer leads Goddard by quite a big margin  (Read 2363 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »

Don't like 51% of AZ Hispanics actually support the AZ law?

Hispanics are already like 1/3 Protestant and Mormon.

Not that I'm aware of, but I know Arizona Democrats support the law, at least in plurality.  Arizona Residents also support it about 70-25, which suggests that at least a significant portion of AZ Hispanics support it.

If everybody in the 25% was Hispanic, than about 1 in 6 or so either support it or are in the 5% neutral.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »

Actually rethinking this, if D's use Hispanics to provoke Whites than it could actually hurt them.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

Actually rethinking this, if D's use Hispanics to provoke Whites than it could actually hurt them.

If Democrats try to make this an issue, then yes they will be burned. This is something Democrats should mouth some platitudes about but they should really just let it slide. When the economy is good, whites will mostly forget about it.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2010, 06:51:04 PM by phknrocket1k »

Keep in mind its not that hard to split D's on the issue either. Blacks and Blue-Collar Whites who are or were reliable D's don't like the additional labor force competition. Blacks will suck it up and remain D's, but the Whites are more willing to switch.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

Keep in mind its not that hard to split D's on the issue either. Blacks and Blue-Collar Whites who are or were reliable D's don't like the additional labor force competition. Blacks will suck it up and remain D's, but the Whites are more willing to switch.

A lot of Democrats will be voting for Brewer in 2010. What's your point though? You really think they will care a few years down the line? Only those who are affected by it will.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »

And ignorance is apparently prevalent in New York.  You don't know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to this law.  Wishing and praying that you will be able to legalize a block of 15 million new voters for your party doesn't mean its going to happen and we will fight you hard over this.

Yeah, because that was clearly what I was thinking about when I typed that. Shut the hell up.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »

Will you shed some light on how the immigration law is "racist"?  From what I've heard, it just reinforces national law.

No one cares about that or the stupid "sue your local sheriff's office!" part. It's the profiling illegals part. And no one seems to know what an illegal immigrant looks like. But everyone knows they're brown!

Are you implying that all illegals are 'brown'? There's plenty of illegal canadians.

Haha, and are you implying that any real effort is going into profiling and catching these renegade Canadians in the Copper State?
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »

Will you shed some light on how the immigration law is "racist"?  From what I've heard, it just reinforces national law.

No one cares about that or the stupid "sue your local sheriff's office!" part. It's the profiling illegals part. And no one seems to know what an illegal immigrant looks like. But everyone knows they're brown!

Wow you know absolutely nothing.  Come live along our southern border and see how bad things are.  Easy for someone perched in nowheresville, Canada to criticize.  Fact of the matter is that in Arizona, the VAST majority of them are Mexican.

Hey might have something to do with the 400 mile border Arizona shares with Mexico....
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »

Wow you know absolutely nothing.  Come live along our southern border and see how bad things are.  Easy for someone perched in nowheresville, Canada to criticize.  Fact of the matter is that in Arizona, the VAST majority of them are Mexican.

Hey might have something to do with the 400 mile border Arizona shares with Mexico....

Wow you seem to totally know all about me by my avatar. I'm from California, near the Bay Area. You know, that state that had the problem before your precious and fragile Arizona. I'm Canadian and right now I live in Canada, though. I guess that disqualifies me from having an opinion according to you. Ah, and my boyfriend and his whole family is latino too. Maybe that makes me bias! Unlike you?

Next time, newbie, before you lash out like that, perhaps educate yourself and your personal attacks won't be as idiotic as you seem to be.
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »

Wow you seem to totally know all about me by my avatar. I'm from California, near the Bay Area. You know, that state that had the problem before your precious and fragile Arizona. I'm Canadian and right now I live in Canada, though. I guess that disqualifies me from having an opinion according to you. Ah, and my boyfriend and his whole family is latino too. Maybe that makes me bias! Unlike you?

Next time, newbie, before you lash out like that, perhaps educate yourself and your personal attacks won't be as idiotic as you seem to be.

The problems Arizona is facing are way worse that what happened in California.  And it so happens that California's illegal immigrant problem was helped a lot by.. a border fence!  Something liberal Democrats consistently oppose. 

Don't misconstrue my words.  I never said you can't have an opinion, I said it's easy for someone far away to be ignorant about a problem they've never seen.  President Obama is a great example of this, as he has yet to visit the Arizona to see the situation first hand.  He and his cohorts at DOJ and DHS also didn't even bother to read the AZ Law before they lashed out at it.

By the way you have yourself presented on here, kiddo, its easy to see why someone would come to that conclusion about you.    I don't care if your boyfriend is latino or not.  It's about security at the border and being sure people who are here are here legally. 
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »

I'll use your same argument against you. How do you know it's worse in Arizona than it was in California from Biggovernmentloving, Maryland? How about you post something that's not a talking point?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies