PA closer than OH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:28:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  PA closer than OH
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA closer than OH  (Read 2517 times)
SirMuxALot

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:40:17 AM »

Will CNN/CBS/et al, who haven't called OH yet, retract PA for Kerry now?
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:11:48 PM »

Yes!  Just came across this posting.  I stated in in several other threads.  The inconsistency is blatant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 05:52:02 PM »

I also raised this point. In my opinion, this might have been why Kerry didn't challenge the OH results since the Bush team would likely bring up PA.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »

I think the networks put too much stock in the exit polls showing a Kerry landsldie in Pennsylvania. Also, the Philadelphia numbers were very positive - but so, it turned out, were rural numbers. This was a stupid mistake, but looking back, it's easy to see how it was made.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 04:09:15 AM »

Yawn.
Provisional ballots
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 04:38:27 AM »

Your boredom, and you posts indicate a lack of oxegen to the brain jfraud

PA, for the first time, was using provisional ballots.  You also had some polls ordered to be left open beyond the standard closing time and a challenge of 10,000 adsentee ballots, where people were possibly voting twice, in Phila.

Even with all that, PA was called before OH by all networks.  OH but not NV was called by some; while the others called NV but not OH.  The reason had little, if anything, with liberal bias.  It was the networks not wanting to get into another 2000 situation, where the "declare" the winner and have to take it back.

Personally, I feel that both PA and OH should have been called much earlier.  NV was clear by 2:30 AM at least. 

This was a massive attempt at CYA by the media.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 12:37:18 AM »

Your boredom, and you posts indicate a lack of oxegen to the brain jfraud

PA, for the first time, was using provisional ballots.  You also had some polls ordered to be left open beyond the standard closing time and a challenge of 10,000 adsentee ballots, where people were possibly voting twice, in Phila.

Even with all that, PA was called before OH by all networks.  OH but not NV was called by some; while the others called NV but not OH.  The reason had little, if anything, with liberal bias.  It was the networks not wanting to get into another 2000 situation, where the "declare" the winner and have to take it back.

Personally, I feel that both PA and OH should have been called much earlier.  NV was clear by 2:30 AM at least. 

This was a massive attempt at CYA by the media.
Amen. The county-level numbers were clear to me by 1:30 AM CST, but no media outlet would let their total cross over 269 for Bush. Our party celebrated based on the obvious and we went to bed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies