IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth has no chance against Coats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 06:51:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth has no chance against Coats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth has no chance against Coats  (Read 845 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

New Poll: Indiana Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-07-08

Summary: D: 30%, R: 51%, I: 6%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »

Ya, Coats is safe.
Chief Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:00:42 PM »

Bayh vacating his seat was a huge break for the Republicans. I wonder how he feels about his party's likely loss of his seat.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »

Bayh vacating his seat was a huge break for the Republicans. I wonder how he feels about his party's likely loss of his seat.

I highly doubt he gives a crap.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »

And Ellsworth was an idiot to give up a safe House seat for this suicide run.  I had warned about it and I am sure many others did.  Nice way to end your career, Brad. 
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »

The campaign hasn't started yet imo

I think Ellsworth has it in him to win this race, he's got the right profile, he'll be getting the NRA's endorsement at some point, and he's a talented pol.  Coats is a has-been.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

I still consider this race to be lean Republican. I think Coats will pull one out simply due to Ellsworth vote for Obamacare. But Ellsworth is a much better candidate than Coats.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »

I still consider this race to be lean Republican. I think Coats will pull one out simply due to Ellsworth vote for Obamacare. But Ellsworth is a much better candidate than Coats.

I think Ellsworth's vote for Healthcare Reform actually helps him, funnily enough.  Because he's an absolute conservative Democrat, opposing even stem cell research and other things that are routine for even Blue Dogs to support, it gives him a powerful tool -- as far as campaign tools go -- to motivate the troops.

He can go and talk to almost every single conservative interest group that didn't have a role in healthcare reform and be like, hey, I was on your side more than Dan Coats was, but when he's talking to labor, to minorities, to youthful voters, he can say, hey, I have your back as well.

It's not an easy tightrope to walk, but I would not write this race off yet.  The oppo book which we all know is hanging up there has not slammed down on Coats yet, and as he has good statewide name rec., and no one really knows who Ellsworth is, splls aren't very useful yet in this race.

Obviously Ellsworth has an uphill battle to climb, but I don't think Ellsworth was dumb to jump into this race or to vote for healthcare reform
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:36 AM »

I think Ellsworth's vote for Healthcare Reform actually helps him, funnily enough.  Because he's an absolute conservative Democrat, opposing even stem cell research and other things that are routine for even Blue Dogs to support, it gives him a powerful tool -- as far as campaign tools go -- to motivate the troops.

He can go and talk to almost every single conservative interest group that didn't have a role in healthcare reform and be like, hey, I was on your side more than Dan Coats was, but when he's talking to labor, to minorities, to youthful voters, he can say, hey, I have your back as well.

It's not an easy tightrope to walk, but I would not write this race off yet.  The oppo book which we all know is hanging up there has not slammed down on Coats yet, and as he has good statewide name rec., and no one really knows who Ellsworth is, splls aren't very useful yet in this race.

Obviously Ellsworth has an uphill battle to climb, but I don't think Ellsworth was dumb to jump into this race or to vote for healthcare reform

Ellsworth had a safe House seat and was warned against running statewide when everyone knew this would be a horrible year for Democrats.  If Democrats had been smart, they would have left Coats basically unopposed for the Senate seat like they did Lugar in 2006 and work on getting Baron Hill reelected.
Chief Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:11 AM »

Probably true, actually. He helped bog down HCR for a long time, which I am guessing hurt the Democrats a bit, or at least looked it would at the time.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »

Yeah, Bayh's an asshole who ought to get run over by a truck.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies