Glenn Beck's use of Thomas Paine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:28:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Glenn Beck's use of Thomas Paine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glenn Beck's use of Thomas Paine  (Read 1353 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2010, 08:24:17 PM by True Federalist »

This thread was split off from the topic Do you find the historical myth that there was little Atheism... in the History board.

As long as we're on the subject of both historical myths and the history of atheism, the coopting of Tom Paine by Glenn Beck is one of the biggest rapes of history in recent years.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

As long as we're on the subject of both historical myths and the history of atheism, the coopting of Tom Paine by Glenn Beck is one of the biggest rapes of history in recent years.

Yes.If Beck and his fellow liberatarians looked into him, you'll find things that Marx or Lenin would agree with.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:52:13 PM »

SUPERLULZ RLY? (I've stopped paying attention to that particular circus ages ago.. so I was ignorant but yeah SUPERLULZ)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »

SUPERLULZ RLY? (I've stopped paying attention to that particular circus ages ago.. so I was ignorant but yeah SUPERLULZ)

http://www.amazon.com/Glenn-Becks-Common-Sense-Control/dp/1439168571

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 04:23:10 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2010, 08:43:19 PM by The Goy's Teeth »

Oh Gawd... That is some of the worst political writing I've ever read.. and I've read some of Palin's 'autobiography'... The war against the imagination and the soul continues.

Has the circus industry lobbied Washington yet to make them turn off Glenn Beck's show - I mean he is now the competition and this has a strategy tried successfully before on marijuana.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

Yes.If Beck and his fellow liberatarians looked into him, you'll find things that Marx or Lenin would agree with.

Glenn Beck has a better knowledge of history than just about any history teacher this country can put up. It's unfortunate that our students don't learn about what causes events and why. Instead it's all memorization of racism and wars which is a very small part and exaggerated claim about US history. Most people don't know any better though because they went to public schools.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

I highly doubt that anyone can read The Rights of Man and view it in any way similar to anything Beck believes.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »

Anyone else want to weigh in?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »

Oh Gawd... That is some of the worst political writing I've ever read.. and I've read some of Palin's 'autobiography'... The war against the imagination and the soul continues.

Has the circus industry lobbied Washington yet to make them turn off Glenn Beck's show - I mean he is now the competition and this has a strategy tried successfully before on marijuana.

Beck has a new fiction work out.  topping the Amazon list last I saw.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:51:51 AM »

Its been years since I read Paine but didn't he argue for some form of land redistribution?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 04:34:30 AM »

Andy Rooney wrote a pretty good take called "Common Nonsense". It's just rambling but the title reminded me of that book.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »

The rambling should have reminded you of Beck as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies