Social Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:40:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Social Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: Social Thread!  (Read 31780 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

Didn't see Will and Kate and I didn't see Hash. Hard to see anything when there's a crowd of 500,000 people.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »

I worked yesterday, which was obviously hectic and I only caught a very, very distant glimpse of the Grand Bigot and Will+Kate. I ended up giving away those puny Canadian flags to random people and acting as an NCC info station.

...but apparently our job was pretty much illegal since we weren't really accredited security guards and apparently the incompetent Polish-tazering waste of sperms RCMP could have charged us with impersonating an officer (as they did to 16 of our 'colleagues' yesterday). So apparently that scared the sh**t out of the incompetent fraudsters employing us, so today they flipped the sh**t and said that we couldn't work and if we chose to work we could be fined (and they wouldn't pay the fine) and all that sh**t. So, yeah, employment ended 2 days earlier than planned. But at least I saved my sorry ass from working a ass-boring 12 hour "guard" shift on a day where half of the city is hungover and obviously has no interest in going to a dilapidated sorry shadow of a boring park.

...but I still woke up at a 5am for the non-existent 7am shift and then waited an hour for the flipping bus which decided not to show up.

On a side note, I wonder how many condoms, syringes and other cool stuff were used last night in Ottawa.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

Are you working for Capital Security? Did the NCC hire them?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2011, 04:12:57 PM »

Iron Horse, which apparently has been hired by the NCC for over 10 years for Canada Day. For some reason which evades me - it seems to be a pretty unorganized company to say the least. If I was pissed, I could report them to the police or something for hiring people to do jobs which they know are technically illegal. But I have better stuff to waste my time on.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »

Iron Horse, which apparently has been hired by the NCC for over 10 years for Canada Day. For some reason which evades me - it seems to be a pretty unorganized company to say the least. If I was pissed, I could report them to the police or something for hiring people to do jobs which they know are technically illegal. But I have better stuff to waste my time on.

Weird. Never heard of them.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

Me neither. They're based in Nepean, btw.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »

Me neither. They're based in Nepean, btw.

Ahh, that explains it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #382 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »

This morning I had cryosurgery on my right foot where I had a Verruca plantaris. I also had the same thing done to a wart on my finger, which is pretty swollen. The doctor said it shouldn't hurt, but it's now extremely tender and both my foot and finger are swollen. Because of this, I'm sitting at home on the computer instead of attending our city fair.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »

I've just returned from Cornwall. I've spent a week in Cadgwith, a picturesque fishing village in this South-Western region of the UK and I was amazed by the beauty of the landscape. Despite being a part of England, Cornwall seems like a very mediterranean place. I truly have never seen beaches that are equally beautiful. I will definitely return there soon, and I highly recommend anyone to visit this part of the world.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »

Ew. Plantar warts are caused by HPV? You doing some kinky stuff with your feet, tmth?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

Cryosurgery sucks balls. I had it like 6 times in grade 6 because the doctor was an idiot and couldn't destroy my warts. He also tried laser, which failed.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »

I had a serious wart on my foot once, about 8cm by 5 cm. I got sinusitis and took amoxycillin, within four days(!) it was gone.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »

Me and my mother participated in a radio quiz where we had to answer three questions. We got them right and won 9000 Swiss Francs!!! Cheesy Cheesy
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2011, 07:17:15 AM »

Me and my mother participated in a radio quiz where we had to answer three questions. We got them right and won 9000 Swiss Francs!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Good job!  What were the questions?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2011, 07:27:35 AM »

The first question: Which team did the Japanese female football squad beat first?
a) Sweden
b) Germany

Answer: They first beat Germany and then Sweden.

The second question: Which of these three people is the oldest, who is the second-oldest and who is the youngest?

a) The Austrian cabaret artist and musician Georg Kreisler
b) Nelson Mandela
c) The former Swiss Federal Councillor Adolf Ogi

Answer: Mandela is the oldest, Kreisler the second-oldest and Ogi the youngest.

The third question:

Which of the four following Swiss Federal Councillors was elected first, who was elected second, third and fourth?

a) Ueli Maurer
b) Doris Leuthard
c) Simonetta Sommaruga
d) Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf

Answer: 1. Leuthard 2. Schlumpf 3. Maurer 4. Sommaruga

The third question really came as a gift. Tongue The second one seemed the hardest to me. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #390 on: July 18, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »

Well, I would have scored 0/3.

Enjoy your 9 grand.  Grin
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #391 on: July 18, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »

Well, I would have scored 0/3.

Enjoy your 9 grand.  Grin

The first thing you mentioned is not really surprising. Tongue Two of the three questions could only be answered with some knowledge about Switzerland. And about the second sentence of yours: Oh yes, I will. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2011, 02:25:17 AM »

Well, congrats. I could have done the first one and possibly the second (I would probably have guessed at someone named Adolf being really old though). But the third one sounds like it must have been hard even for a normal Swiss person, right?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »

Well, congrats. I could have done the first one and possibly the second (I would probably have guessed at someone named Adolf being really old though). But the third one sounds like it must have been hard even for a normal Swiss person, right?

Thanks! Smiley For a Swiss person who's interested in politics the third question shouldn't be too difficult, but you're right: Like in probably most countries in the world not too many people actually care about politics and even less about how politicians are called and when they were elected. I was just extremely lucky when they asked this particular question. If the question had been about four actors and their age or four airports and when they were built (such questions are not unusual in this radio quiz), I most certainly wouldn't have known the answer. Wink
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2011, 08:32:09 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2011, 08:34:39 AM by La cuisine laide »

I was up to some "homely cooking" last night, and this was the result.

That's an Italian fig marmelade tart. I hope it tastes all right, because I'll be sharing it with my grandmother this evening. On the menu tonight: parmesan-breaded chicken cutlets, ricotta gnocchi in homemade tomato sauce, and the tart.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2011, 09:50:08 AM »

I was up to some "homely cooking" last night, and this was the result.

That's an Italian fig marmelade tart. I hope it tastes all right, because I'll be sharing it with my grandmother this evening. On the menu tonight: parmesan-breaded chicken cutlets, ricotta gnocchi in homemade tomato sauce, and the tart.

That sounds like a very tasty meal. Nice tart, btw. Buon appetito! Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:07 AM »

Elderly French tourist: "How do I get to my penis?"
Me: "Excuse me?"
Elderly French tourist: "My penis. I want to go to my penis."
Me: "Jesus Christ."

Today I learned that French people do not pronounce Midpines the same way we do.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2011, 03:19:21 AM »

About three weeks ago my mother's grandmother died.  It's not much of a big deal for me, honestly.

My mother, despite my initial fears, was committed to not go on a drinking binge, like every other time one of her relatives would die.  Everything was fine that week.  She and my father actually got along real well.

Then at the end of that week, they were acting weird.  My mother was being a bitch over something.  It turned out that my father allegedly said some nasty things to her, which caused her to go on a drinking binge, threaten to kill herself, and threaten to leave.

So, at first I blamed my mother, then I blamed my father.  Especially with his smug, evil attitude towards my mother.  When I confronted him about treating my mother like sh**t, he said it wasn't any of my business.  He justified throwing nasty unjustified insults at her with getting her to go to rehab.  His sole reason was to just get her out of the house, for his own reasons, but when I told him I did not care if she drank or not, and that I just want peace, he called me selfish.

My father is a conniving, manipulative asshole.  He uses threats and psychological abuse when he doesn't get what he wants.

But then, I realized that both of them were acting like selfish, overgrown children.  They constantly try to manipulate me to turn me against one of them.  My father is, as I mentioned, absolute crap, and my mother is whiny and never lets sh**t go.  And both of them have this bullshat mentality as if I am just some stupid little kid, who will just adjust to whatever they decide to do, and thus whatever I think doesn't matter.  The only time either of them listen to me is when I cry, break something, or threaten suicide.

Now, they're getting along again.  They put me through a week of absolute terror just to win their f-cking little brownie points against eachother, over some petty stupid sh**t.

I cannot wait to wash my hands of both of them, and be done with this horrible place.

And my mother still won't let sh-t go.  She thinks my father is trying to turn me against her -- and funny enough, my father thinks my mother is trying to turn me against him -- and she hates my father's friends for absolutely no legitimate reason.

My father actually does try to turn me against her.  Every frikkin time she does something crazy, he brings up a bunch of irrelevant crap in order to try and make me hate her or something.  But then again, my mother just bitches all the time about how horrible he is and how his friends are making him act weird and how their tearing our supposed family apart.  I'm not on anybody's side except my own.  And I seem to be the only one in this house on the side of reason -- both of them are just vindictive idiots who think in cliches.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #398 on: September 05, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »

Yesterday I put on some Crest White Strips, then about an hour later went to work. Throughout work, my bottom two front teeth were starting to really hurt, so I went to a mirror and noticed I have a slightly chipped tooth. I had someone look at it today who's interested in that type of stuff and she said it was something about my enamel, but I don't remember the specifics.

This may sound stupid, but today I put on the Crest White Strips again - my goal was to see whether I had chipped my tooth last night and that's why it started hurting, or if it had been chipped before and putting on the white strips is what caused the pain. Unfortunately for me, something in those white strips makes it painful, and it now hurts even worse than it did before. It's at a 7-8 right now, being completely honest.

Of course, I couldn't go to the Dentist today since it's a Holiday so I've been dealing with this for around 30 hours right now. Mom's calling the dentist tomorrow and hopefully I can get an appointment soon.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »

Update:
Today I had to take school off early to get my tooth fixed only to find out I actually had two teeth chipped. They're my bottom middle two, and according to my dentist it's one of the worst spots because it's hard to put the filler stuff in.

Anyways, I can't eat any solid food for several days at risk of breaking off the filler. My supper tonight consisted of two strawberry milkshakes and applesauce.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies