Social Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:00:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Social Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Author Topic: Social Thread!  (Read 31782 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2010, 08:37:28 PM »

I just today found out that I live literally RIGHT down the road from one of the plentiful ridiculous New Jersey reality shows.  I may just check it out just for the fuck of it.  I can't believe how amazed people are by our lifestyle/culture.
Don't tell me it's "Jersey Shore"? That'd be so awesome to live near where they record one of my favorite shows.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2010, 09:09:20 PM »

I just today found out that I live literally RIGHT down the road from one of the plentiful ridiculous New Jersey reality shows.  I may just check it out just for the fuck of it.  I can't believe how amazed people are by our lifestyle/culture.
Don't tell me it's "Jersey Shore"? That'd be so awesome to live near where they record one of my favorite shows.

Well, that I've known about for a long time.  Seaside is about 40 minutes from me.  Jerseylicious is only like 5, the one right down the road.  And the Real Housewives are about 25 away, in the same town as most of my family.  Ridiculous.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »

Well, that I've known about for a long time.  Seaside is about 40 minutes from me.  Jerseylicious is only like 5, the one right down the road.  And the Real Housewives are about 25 away, in the same town as most of my family.  Ridiculous.

Oh be quiet Fezzy.. you know deep down inside, you're just a drama queen with a love for some Real Housewives.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2010, 09:37:04 PM by Northeast Representative Morgan »

I hope everyone realizes that the whole reason I made this thread was to make attention whore threads go away.

I installed Ubuntu onto a partition yesterday.  Posting from it now.  See what I did there?  I posted that here instead of making a new thread.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

I won Class President today for the Junior class! Smiley I'm pretty excited. Now I'll be in charge of making sure we have a great prom!
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »

I won Class President today for the Junior class! Smiley I'm pretty excited. Now I'll be in charge of making sure we have a great prom!

Congratulations.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2010, 06:32:26 PM by Green Mountain Hashemite »

Having waaaaaaaaaaay too much fun in Vermont. I dove right in a freezing river near a large waterfall, 3 times. Went swimming at a man-made lake and my friend made random jokes about our old school's IB coordinator. Burlington tomorrow!

also, is Brian Dubie from Jeffersonville?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2010, 02:17:38 AM »

I had my first day of class.

One of the classes is the third I've had with the same communist history professor.  He is apparently an admitted communist, and he's hilarious.  He said at the beginning of class that despite what students may have said on his Rate My Professor page, he does not take drugs.  He uses a lot of fowl language, and makes a lot of jokes about drugs and sex.  We once spent a whole day of class talking about health care.

That is my history of war class.  The other I had today was a philosophy class, which as you'd probably imagine was full of pretentious c**nts.  You know, the "Hurrdurr I'm not religious but I'm spiritual" type.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2010, 06:38:22 AM »

I just found this thread.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »

I went to Ponderosa's steakhouse today and my friend and I were seriously stoned hard and hallucinating in the christmas tree shop. I was laughing hysterically like an addict in the bathrooms at the christmas tree shop. My friend saw a legit pink elephant, and we thought we lost the car.

I see why Vermont is the hippie state, they shove drugs into buffet places.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »

Karin (the girl I made that stupid thread about) was in the studio where my art class is, although not in the class itself.  I felt like I might vomit for the first hour of the class, but I stopped giving a derp after a while.  I had already lost all interest in talking to her, before.  It doesn't make sense that I would freak out over her being there.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »

Karin (the girl I made that stupid thread about) was in the studio where my art class is, although not in the class itself.  I felt like I might vomit for the first hour of the class, but I stopped giving a derp after a while.  I had already lost all interest in talking to her, before.  It doesn't make sense that I would freak out over her being there.

Helpful tip: Don't try to rationalize emotions.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2010, 06:15:15 PM »

I've been very bipolar lately (moreso than usual Tongue). In a given day, I swing between apathy, to sunny optimism, to crushing pessimism.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

I am not dead yet.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2010, 09:00:46 PM by Northeast Representative Morgan »

And now to make my day worse, my mother drunkenly waltzed out and has been gone for a few hours.  She'll either be back tonight, or next week.  Or, never.  When she gets drunk it's like she's on crack or something.  She gets ing paranoid about me and my father hating her or something, and so she doesn't come home.  I don't hate her, necessarily.

She's done this many times before, since I was very young.  She would take off for a week at least once a year.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:34 PM »

I really hate my life sometimes.  Luckily for me, I don't believe in an afterlife, and I think suicide is therefor stupid.

I would love to just pack my sh-t and drive up to Washington or something, change my name, and have a somewhat more enjoyable life.  But, I can't.  I'm bawwing about this here, because I don't have anywhere else to go about these problems.  I have a hard time really understanding the difference between real life and online - that's why I wound up in a four-year "friendship" with some bitch who probably doesn't really give a sh-t about me.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2010, 12:25:27 AM »

morgan, it is called being a teen. I suggest you set a goal for yourself and work towards that. for example, i decided i want to be a vet so i look for vet things and get into those.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2010, 01:15:20 AM »

Life is really great right now. I realized that as I was walking home from school (after a game at the school Steve Poizner bashed) and looking up at the stars. Everything's wonderful. I'm happier than I've been for a long time.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:33 AM »

morgan, it is called being a teen. I suggest you set a goal for yourself and work towards that. for example, i decided i want to be a vet so i look for vet things and get into those.

My long-term goal is to move to Washington and go to the University of Washington.  So right now I'm trying to get my driver's license, and a job.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2010, 08:45:25 AM »

Nostalgia of Jeffersonville...
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:47 PM »

A bloody 10 days or so washing up to do, damn, nothing else left, only desert plates, small thin glasses that I never use, big spoons, 2 cups, 1 bowl, some round knives. I can't make anything with that. Damn it, won't do it tonight, will find food that doesn't need it, and will drink in cups.

I have a hard time really understanding the difference between real life and online

Online life is part of real life. It should be said 'physical' instead of real, or something like that.

It can be as additional as substitutive to the other one.

While I think it should be paid attention to which extent it becomes a substitutive for such or such, ultimately I would tend to think it could also just be/become an other way to go...

I like how some American cities have kept 'ville' instead of 'city', always wondered why...
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »

My mother is coming back.

She just needs time to herself, is all.  It just freaks me out when she doesn't give any indication of when or if she's coming back.  Now, my father is going to make a bad situation even worse for me, most likely.  He has some indications of being a controlling jerk.  He has a problem with her drinking like it's any of his business, and his nasty behavior about it probably contributes to her drinking.  He's probably going to antagonize her when she gets home.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:44 PM »

Well, she's back now.  And my father had to antagonize her when she got home.  When I told him to stop being nasty to her, he said "she doesn't belong here."  I hate being here.  I really do.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

Sorry Morgan, I've been there and I know it sucks.

You need to find someone to talk to. Is their an adult at your school you'd feel comfortable going to?

Assuming you're in school of course.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

Sorry Morgan, I've been there and I know it sucks.

You need to find someone to talk to. Is their an adult at your school you'd feel comfortable going to?

Assuming you're in school of course.

There is someone I can call and talk to, but she'll probably be at school when I am (she goes to high school - I go to a community college), and I don't have the privacy to really talk to her freely most of the day.  She probably doesn't want to be bothered by me anyways.

I mentioned her before in this thread.  She says she likes me and all, but some of her actions suggest otherwise, and I have a hard time believing that she would like someone of my sort, especially since we've never met in-person.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies