Sarah Palin-Running?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:39:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Sarah Palin-Running?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin-Running?  (Read 546 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »

To those who do not feel she is running, I think you are extremely mistaken. What else can she DO? When there is a new GOP nominee for president, she will lose the limelight. She is the star of the conservative movement NOW. I don't mean to criticize people who feel that she is not going to run, but remember one thing, she thinks she is great, and many others do as well. She doesn't want to go into oblivion, she wants to be relevant.

Discuss...
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:38:07 PM »

She can get paid lots of money to host a talk show or serve as a panelist on fox?  Not have to deal with the mud-slinging about her and her family?  She can have a lucrative radio program like Rush?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »

I have no idea what she'll do.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »

No she won't run. And she'll make plenty of money doing anything. She's popular and a celebrity. The Queen maker. She'll probably have a very popular Oprah type show
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »

I think everyone who doesn't think Palin will run underestimate what she wants most of all--Money, and a lot of it. If she keeps her name in the spotlight and gets a lot of free media coverage (when running for President), she would increase her visibility and thus many more people would be willing to listen to her and buy her books. Thus, she would make more money running for President than she would not running, and I think Palin wants to maximize her profits in whatever way possible.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »

There is also that new SarahPAC ad on Politico.

I still believe she is not going to run, but if she does it would not be a serious race, just enough to make her more relevant, if she slips form the limelight.
The Chairman
Davidj1161
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.77, S: -5.22

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »

Sarah Palin despit my efforts, is someone i just can't take seriously. I find her of more entertainment value than political. But i think she will run. Probably get knocked mid primary season, but she is gonna go for it... for the money no doubt.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »

Those who say she won't do well- you underestimate the way she riles up crowds with her "real American" speeches, etc. If she runs, she'll do half-decent, I put my name on that, I promise that.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »

If both Palin and Huckabee run, then neither will win the nomination. They will both split the right-wing populist majority and someone like Gingrich or Thune will pull off the win.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »

If both Palin and Huckabee run, then neither will win the nomination. They will both split the right-wing populist majority and someone like Gingrich or Thune will pull off the win.

niether will run but Gingrich will win anyways taking the far right vote as the field will be more moderate or just plain stupid (like Santorum)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »

I don't think she'll run. I think Americans are tired of her already. Sure, she may court the Tea Party now and be the face of the conservative movement now, but that won't be the case in 2011.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies