Why the smaller (Republican) party needs to supress votes to win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why the smaller (Republican) party needs to supress votes to win
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the smaller (Republican) party needs to supress votes to win  (Read 1093 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:16:22 AM »

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_10/005002.php

October 27, 2004
THE MINORITY VOTE....Hmmm. Republican pollster Tony Fabrizio has just finished a survey of 12 battleground states and finds Bush and Kerry tied with 47% of the vote apiece. But when he weights for minority turnout based on the 2000 exit polls, Kerry is ahead 49.2%-45.7%. And when he further updates the weighting to take into account the most recent census results, Kerry is ahead 49.9%-44.7%.

As Fabrizio blandly puts it, "It is clear that minority turnout is a wildcard in this race and represents a huge upside for Sen. Kerry and a considerable challenge for the President's campaign." More accurately, if Fabrizio is right — that Kerry is ahead by 5% overall in the battleground states — Kerry is a sure winner on November 2.

Suddenly the Bush campaign's obsession with challenging voters in minority neighborhoods makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Their own internal polling is probably telling them the same thing that Fabrizio's poll says: unless they somehow manage to keep the minority vote down, they're doomed.

fb
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 01:58:16 AM »

Oh yes, in fact I am getting my Confederate flag shirt on and am going to East St. Louis today to rip the ballots from peoples hands.
Karl Rove has supplied me with a pill that wipes out my memory in case I get caught.

I knew you were the Manchurian Candidate sleeper Rove operative.  I knew it!  I knew it!  I hate being right all the time....
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 02:05:45 AM »

Oh yes, in fact I am getting my Confederate flag shirt on and am going to East St. Louis today to rip the ballots from peoples hands.
Karl Rove has supplied me with a pill that wipes out my memory in case I get caught.

You too??  I just read all the literature the Bush campaign gave me and now I'm going to put all of those lynching techniques to good use!!

Wait a minute...isn't it the democrats who were the racist bastards.  Anyway, I think it's just despicable that John Kerry and the democrats are willing to throw around these very serious charges of voter suppression without any facts to back them up.  They are truly willing to shred the American people's confidence in the electoral process just so they can rule this country.  They deserve to lose and lose badly.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 02:06:48 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2004, 02:08:35 AM by jfern »

You too??  I just read all the literature the Bush campaign gave me and now I'm going to put all of those lynching techniques to good use!!

Wait a minute...isn't it the democrats who were the racist bastards.  Anyway, I think it's just despicable that John Kerry and the democrats are willing to throw around these very serious charges of voter suppression without any facts to back them up.  They are truly willing to shred the American people's confidence in the electoral process just so they can rule this country.  They deserve to lose and lose badly.

Democrats were racist in 1860, so they must still be racist? LOL!

I think something has changed.
1916:

2000:
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:53:53 AM »

Geographics are irrelevant. None of the people that voted in that election are alive anymore.
kelpie
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:57:49 AM »

Democrats were racist in 1860, so they must still be racist? LOL!

I think something has changed.
1916:

2000:

So, in your head, racist = The South?  Good God.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies