The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:00:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!  (Read 21617 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
« edited: October 14, 2010, 07:34:29 PM by President Purple State »

Fellow Atlasians,

Thank you all for participating in the most recent presidential election and my particular gratitude goes out to Afleitch and to RossetaStoned and Useful Idiot for making this a challenging and more exciting race.

From the start of my administration, I want to assure you that I will do my best to be as open and transparent as possible. I will carefully consider good ideas from anyone at any time and I plan to solicit advice and comments from as wide and diverse a group as possible when making decisions.

With that said, there is much to do and it is time to get to work.

We are going to streamline the transition process of Cabinet selection as follows: Below are the outlines for our vision of each Cabinet position's duties and responsibility. If you are interested in a position and feel that you are qualified and share the vision I lay out, please send a PM to Marokai Blue to express your interest. He will interview you and pass your information along to me.

(Note: Positions with a hyperlinked name next to them have been filled)

Game Moderator: Looking for an extremely active and devoted individual who stays appraised of issues at all levels of Atlasia, has a create mind for stories and can do simple calculations for economic news. On the job training is highly likely.

Secretary of Internal Affairs: Looking for someone with an interest in domestic policy implementation and in issuing policy recommendations. Expect close work with the Vice President, GM and Senate.

Secretary of External Affairs: Looking for someone who will work diligently on the Foreign Policy Review and the Foreign Aid Review, as well as attending the GTO General Assembly meetings and voicing Atlasian opinion on foreign affairs in a timely manner. Expect to work closely with the President and GM.

Secretary of Federal Elections: Looking for someone who understands the federal elections voting system, knows the timing of elections and can open/close voting booths in a timely manner. Expect to work closely on the consolidation of Forum Affairs legislation.

Registrar General of the Census Bureau: Fritz Looking for someone who can maintain and update current voter rolls. Added bonus if you are able to translate that onto the Wiki. Expect to work closely with the SoFE.

Attorney General: Peter Looking for an individual committed to updating the legislative Wiki, leading an Atlasia-wide initiative to update the Wiki, and streamline/consolidate the criminal code of Atlasia. Ability to defend Atlasia in judicial matters is also useful.

Moderator General: Looking for a moderator of the Atlasia boards willing to monitor newly registered members for socks. Expect to work with the Registrar General.

Again, if you are interested in any position please PM the Vice President-elect Marokai Blue. If you have already reached out to either myself or Marokai, you do not need to message again.

~President-elect Purple State

P.S. Feel free to leave comments, questions, etc. below.

P.P.S. Champagne (and beer) is forthcoming.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:25:13 PM »

For Moderator General: I would suggest Bacon King, Afleitch, or Inks.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »

A Moderator of the Atlas Fantasy Boards has to do it. So, only Gustaf or MasterJedi.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »

For GM... Barnes? NCYankee?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »

A Moderator of the Atlas Fantasy Boards has to do it. So, only Gustaf or MasterJedi.

No change, keep MJ then.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »

I recommend myself for every single one of these positions.

lol, obviously
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »

For everyone that's interested in a position, it would perhaps be easier if you simply PMed me (even if you've already expressed interest to one of us or said it publicly) with some basic questions and then I can just follow up on my own as I desire.

Tell me why you want the position.

Tell me specific thoughts you have for the position, as in, if you're applying for SoIA, tell me what you think of certain domestic policies, if you're applying for SoEA, tell my thoughts on certain foreign affairs events you have knowledge on, if AG, tell me your legal philosophy on regional vs federal rights, the enforcement of certain laws like impersonation, etc. Just give me a general rundown of your philosophies on things if that applies.

Tell me what you think you can do to make the position better, more active, or more noticed.

Add whatever you like. I'll follow up however I can.

And we're off!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »

For everyone that's interested in a position, it would perhaps be easier if you simply PMed me (even if you've already expressed interest to one of us or said it publicly) with some basic questions and then I can just follow up on my own as I desire.

Tell me why you want the position.

Tell me specific thoughts you have for the position, as in, if you're applying for SoIA, tell me what you think of certain domestic policies, if you're applying for SoEA, tell my thoughts on certain foreign affairs events you have knowledge on, if AG, tell me your legal philosophy on regional vs federal rights, the enforcement of certain laws like impersonation, etc. Just give me a general rundown of your philosophies on things if that applies.

Tell me what you think you can do to make the position better, more active, or more noticed.

Add whatever you like. I'll follow up however I can.

And we're off!

I think this is a brilliant idea to make the potential appointees answer these questions up front. They will have to answer them publically to the Senate later and by doing this they will hopefully have answers ready to go.

Yes, it has to be Jedi or Gustaf.

I have already communicated that I will not accept any cabinet position or appointment of any kind.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »

If I may suggest something, Fritz done a trurly impressive work as RG and should be kept in this position Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »

If I may suggest something, Fritz done a trurly impressive work as RG and should be kept in this position Smiley

Thank you for the vote of confidence, friend!  Cheesy

Regarding MG, I don't believe it has to be a Fantasy Elections moderator.  That was certainly not my intent when I created the position in the Senate (yes, this was my doing).  Perhaps a moderator will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any moderator can perform the function of verifying posts by proxy.  Or can this only be done on the board that you moderate?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 12:17:41 AM »

Expect one or two announcements tomorrow to try to get things moving on our agenda as quickly as possible. It may be difficult because I'm traveling a good deal tomorrow, but I'll make sure to keep this ball rolling forward.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »

Expect one or two announcements tomorrow to try to get things moving on our agenda as quickly as possible. It may be difficult because I'm traveling a good deal tomorrow, but I'll make sure to keep this ball rolling forward.

I hope you got the PM I sent you earlier today regarding a certain someone.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 02:49:47 AM »

I recommend myself for SoIA
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 08:50:13 AM »

I also recommend myself.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 02:53:34 PM »

Thank you for the vote of confidence, friend!  Cheesy

Regarding MG, I don't believe it has to be a Fantasy Elections moderator.  That was certainly not my intent when I created the position in the Senate (yes, this was my doing).  Perhaps a moderator will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any moderator can perform the function of verifying posts by proxy.  Or can this only be done on the board that you moderate?

You have to get the IP address to do that and only a board moderator has access to them.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »

Announcement: Constitutional Convention

Calling all regional governors, lt. governors, speakers, legislatures and citizens,

The main plank in the Purple State/Marokai Blue platform was a constitutional convention to consolidate the constitution and refresh the game. The size and nature of this reform is such that I would like to begin almost immediately upon taking office and so I ask each region to consider and pass the following resolution as quickly as possible:

Third Constitutional Convention Petition

The (insert region name) Region formally petitions the President of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention for the purposes of consolidation of the constitution and/or legislative reboot of the game.

Your help with this is greatly appreciated.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 12:36:52 AM »

Cabinet Appointments: Some Oldies But Goodies

I would like to announce two Cabinet appointments tonight that represent some consistency with the last administration.

The reason I have chosen to reappoint Peter to the post of Attorney General and Fritz as Registrar General is simple: They are both active and competent individuals that have far exceeded the requirements of their positions. Both Peter and Fritz are veterans of the game and have seen their fair share of administrations, and so it is my hope that I may use their knowledge and experience to direct a forward-minded agenda.

I look forward to working with Peter to advance Wiki reform initiatives, continue his initiative to standardize and consolidate Atlasian criminal law, and to promote numerous other game reform items for which his skills are uniquely suited.

Fritz will be an integral part of the Department of Forum Affairs reform team and I look forward to his outsider's perspective on Wiki reform.

Please feel free to ask questions or provide comments on these pending appointments. I do ask that questions directed to the nominees be saved until the confirmation hearings.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »

Reappointments don't actually get confirmation hearings, FWIW.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 01:56:30 AM »

Reappointments don't actually get confirmation hearings, FWIW.

Sometimes it's happened for some reason or another, but of course you're technically right.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »

Calling all regional governors, lt. governors, speakers, legislatures and citizens,

The main plank in the Purple State/Marokai Blue platform was a constitutional convention to consolidate the constitution and refresh the game. The size and nature of this reform is such that I would like to begin almost immediately upon taking office and so I ask each region to consider and pass the following resolution as quickly as possible:

The (insert region name) Region formally petitions the President of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention for the purposes of consolidation of the constitution and/or legislative reboot of the game.

~PS

Efficient government Purple heart
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »

Hey all.

I want it stated that I just went back and bookmarked all our campaign promises and some of our smaller campaign brainstorming. I will do my damnedest to make sure we take action on everything we can once we take office. Tongue
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »

Hey all.

I want it stated that I just went back and bookmarked all our campaign promises and some of our smaller campaign brainstorming. I will do my damnedest to make sure we take action on everything we can once we take office. Tongue

That's refreshing.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »

~PS

So, is this done through referendum, or simply signatures?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »

~PS

So, is this done through referendum, or simply signatures?

For the Midwest it would probably be done by a referendum since you don't have a legislature. For everyone else, I would imagine it be done through the respective legislatures, unless the regions specify it go to referendum themselves.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »

So let me get this straight... You win with about 62% of the vote. You beat Afleitch. And now you're trying to start a constitutional convention.

Why does this sound familiar? Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies