Westman Timeline Pt. I
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:54:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Westman Timeline Pt. I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40
Author Topic: Westman Timeline Pt. I  (Read 185902 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2011, 08:44:56 AM by The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels »

1995 Interview with Scott Westman:

I would have to say that in retrospect 1980 was when I first started developing into the politican that I am today.  Before then I was in the news often, but more oft than not it was for stupid things like you know "who is he dating now"?  I mean the year was just so pivotal in of itself: inner party turmoils in both parties between conservatives, moderates, liberals, libertarians.....you name it.  By that time many had felt as if the partisan divide no longer existed between Democrats, Republicans, and even some Constitution Party members.  What I remember most about that year though was just the whole "what now?" mentality.  Nobody knew which way the nation was going to turn.  I myself remember in the late 70's having to ally with then Senator D'Israeli, Republican of Wyoming, to pass forth meaningful energy deregulation against the objections of progressive Democrats and Republicans, namely Walter Mondale and Jakob Javits.  Almost everybody in 1980 knew that New Deal Liberalism would lose the election of 1980, they just didn't know which party would be burdened with that loss.  Today without the presence of sizable third parties like the Classical Liberal, Progressive, or Constitution Parties the differences between Democrat and Republican is a little more clear.  I myself am quite surprised with how different this political climate has become since both parties have tried to appeal to the fringes that used to belong in these parties.  Occasionally the Progressive Party or the Conservative Party will score double digits in a few states, but it's been awhile since we have seen a state vote third party.
Now at that time in 1980, President Reagan and other progressively minded Democrats who were behind Senator Mondale for the nomination were concerned that should he be nominated libertarian and fiscal conservative Democrats would flock away from the party come the general election.  I remember being called into Reagan's office and asked if I would endorse Mondale for president and I remember telling Reagan flatout "No."  You should've seen the look on his face.........
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »

Good update. Maybe more personal stuff... I know you're fed up with drama but still you can do it non-so-much-drama interesting way.

Yeah, I believe I could do a few of those.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2010, 10:12:14 PM by Tits McGee »

September 9th, 1977:

John Chancellor:
Good evening America, this is NBC Nightly News.  Well in a bit of news to take your minds off of the horrible Embassy Incident at New Delhi that has left many innocent Americans dead, things are a bit happier here.  My colleague, junior reporter Laura Hennigan who made her name for staying up all night with the campaign of Montana Democrat Scott Westman watching over the results of the election that took longer than even the presidential itself, has reported that she found out today after visiting the doctor that she is about a week pregnant.  Congratulations Laura.
Later after the show has gone off the air, John Chancellor is in the studio breakroom.
David Brinkley: Man I can't believe that Laura is pregnant.  It just felt like yesterday when that kid came here.
John Chancellor: Yeah, you know I usually prefer blondes but damn......there was no way I could ignore that freckled brunette Irish beauty when I first saw her.  Whoever the man is, he sure is lucky.
Tom Brokaw laughs.
John Chancellor: What so funny?
Tom Brokaw: You really don't know do you?  Ever wondered why she moved over here with that job offer, as crappy as it was?
Chancellor: Free housing is a crappy deal? $10,000 more is a crappy deal?  Missoula to DC is a crappy move?
Brokaw: Haha, considering the cost of living here, it kind of is.  She came here with Westman old man.
Chancellor: Outrageous, Westman has a girlfriend-
Brokaw: All the way over in Missoula, Montana probably taking college courses in Psychology as we speak, you think he would just go dry without any woman for that long?  And as much of a horn dog as we know him to be he wouldn't get it from prostitutes.
Brinkley:One of our junior reporters and the junior US Senator from Montana, the successor to Mike Mansfield no less, having a sexual relationship?  SCANDALOUS!
Brokaw: I think it's pretty damn obvious gentlemen, I mean have you seen the way the two flirt with each other on the telly?  I mean really........
Chancellor: But we can't bury one of our own!
Brinkley: But soon enough the public will demand to know who the father is, Laura is after all quite popular due to her pretty looks and charm.

September 11th, 1977
US Senate Chamber:

Scott Westman:
Ladies and gentlemen, we can stall over this as much as we want throwing meaningless ideological platitudes at each other or we can have results.....what do you want?
Byrd: Mister Westman, your demands for axing out subsidies for energy production is simply barbaric......BARBARIC! LET THAT WORD RING OUT! FROM VALLEH TO VALLEH! FROM HILLTOP TO HILLTOP!
Westman: Senator, did you even bother to read all of the sections of my bill?  It simply says that subsidies for Oil and Gas will be axed out to encourage free market competition for Alternative fuels.  Nowhere in there will you find a word about axing out ALL energy production.  I think you just wanted an excuse to yell "BARBARIC!"
Jakob Javits: Mister Westman, all I see is a bill that rips the teeth out of our healthy alternative energy program.
Edward Kennedy: Once again Mister Javits it shocks me at how hard you fail at the economics of energy policy.  Any objective observer would note that despite his youth Senator Westman possesses a depth of knowledge of the energy industry and the environment that the rest of us would envy.  Just ask some of our more renowned climatology experts right here in DC.
Aww the debate rages on once again, thought Westman.

2 hours later

Montana Senator Scott Westman is walking out of the Capitol Building when the press bombard him.
Press: Senator!  Did you finally reach a settlement with moderate Republicans and Constitution Party members over your energy proposals?
Westman notices Laura Hennigan in the audience.  It had been a couple of days since he last saw her....he couldn't hold it back any longer.  He pushed aside the reporters around him and walked over to her.  He put his arm around her and kissed her.  He then grabbed her microphone and said:
"Ya think it's a boy sweetheart?"

The incident would make national headlines, as while it wasn't against the law for a US Senator and a reporter to be seeing each other, the revelations that a Catholic US Senator fathered the child of said reporter outside of marriage was.  The next few months would prove to be absolutely hellish for Westman, with a frustrated moralfag populace back home calling for his resignation for being "an astonding hypocrite" and the like.
So Westman would do what he did best: confront his critics on national television.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Filmed September 18th, 1977.
Special Guest Montana US Senator Scott Westman:

Here's Johnny!
Carson:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.  Today's special guest is already well known, whether that be to the infamousness of his family name, or his own is a subject to be debated for another time.  He is the grandson of William Westman, the Democratic United States Senator from New York from 1938-1945 who was an unabashed supporter of the Tammany Hall machine of New York and the America First Committee which was opposed to US intervention in World War II pre Pearl Harbor.  Lately this man has found himself the target of criticism by fellow US Senators over his energy proposal as well as targeted by prominent Catholics for setting a "bad moral example" due to his current living conditions (crowd chuckles).  Ladies and gentlemen, America's most popular US Senator
Drum guy: Jesse Helms?
Crowd laughs.
Carson: Okay, Jimmy's got a point there. (laughter)  America's second most popular US Senator......SCOTT WESTMAN!
Senator Scott Westman crosses the floor, shakes Carson's hand, and takes a seat.
Westman: Great to be on this show Johnny.
Carson: Don't you dare tell the audience that you know my wife's pound cake recipe.
(laughter)
Westman: Mommy, I'm scared.
(laughter)
Carson: Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that you decided to choose this place, with this time slot, to lay out your spiel.
Westman: How's that?
Carson: Well, the people who have been throwing darts at you lately went to bed three hours ago.  How the heck will they hear you if they're asleep?
(laughter)
Westman: There are a few things that I have learned about people in my 32 years of life Johnny.  One is that no matter how hard you try some people will never like you and it is pointless to try to sway their views.  Second is that college and middle aged folk, who make up the majority of the base who voted me into office, no offense to you Velociraptors (crowd laughs), are more likely to be paying more attention to late night television shows like this one instead of their usual boring daily news feed.  That is why I am here tonight, because those people deserve to hear the unfiltered unadulterated truth about what's going on from the man himself who is facing these criticisms.  I need to strengthen my base if I hope to get to a standing position.
Carson: Real oratorical, for a second I thought we were shooting a Westman campaign commercial.
(crowd laughs)
Westman: And last but not least, the most important thing I've learned about people over the 32 years of my existence it is that while good by themselves Bacardi's and Coke make a hell of a drink.
(crowd laughs)
Carson: Interesting.  So before we jump right into the juicy details can you give us a quick overview of your political upbringing?
Westman: Well as you know my family has strong Irish Catholic roots so naturally I grew up in a very Democratic household.  My grandfather on my mother's side was Republican, but other than that most of us were dye in the wool Democrats.  As you well know my grandfather on my father's side was quite an influential Democratic Senator from New York who thanks to his position was associated with a number of powerful Democratic Party supporter, including Joseph Kennedy Sr., former Wall Street broker who made hundreds of millions of dollars just by playing the stock market.  Anyway while growing up Joe's son John Kennedy, the Democratic Senator from Massachusetts who was a prominent figure of what was once considered the "conservative" wing of the northern Democratic Party, was a big influence on my political upbringing as was his brothers Robert and Ted.  That isn't to say that progressive Democrats haven't had any effect, I am good friends with Oklahoma Senator Fred Harris and Alaska Senator Mike Gravel.
Carson: Tell me about your tenure so far as Senator.
Westman: This past January I began my tenure as Democratic US Senator from Montana.  I've been in office for 8 months now and the amount of stuff I have learned since then is mind blowing.  I for one am quite shocked that I was able to draft up a bill by this time that would be the subject of much debate on Capitol Hill.
Carson: Yes the Energy Bill or whatever it is called?
Westman: Yes the "Free and Equal Energy Competition Bill" which would do away with government subsidization of energy resources and put the market of energy up to the free market.
Carson: I won't lie Senator, that sounds like a risky gambit.
Westman: If we let the free market decide the winner and the loser worst case scenario oil manages to keep it's domination of the market place.  I never said it was the perfect solution but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than what President Reagan and Senator Javits are suggesting.
Carson: You mean a windfall profits tax of 15% on gas plus rationing how much gas is used by the American consumer?
Westman: That is exactly what I'm referring to.  For the life of me I can not figure out why in the middle of recovery why progressives keep calling for more tax raises.  This country has had enough of tax raises Johnny.  When people are having 78% of their overall income taken away through taxes, whether indirect or direct, does it really surprise you that the country is in as bad of a shape as it is economically?
Carson: But what about rationing?
Westman: To expect the average American to only need 2 gallons of gas a week to get around in the vehicles we used today is insane.  What we need to do is get rid of insane protective tariffs like the ones on light trucks and cargo vans passed in 1962 by the Republican controlled Congress that has only encouraged Detroit to not feel the competitive drive to beat Volkswagen and other foreign companies in the production of more fuel efficient and environmentally friend vehicles.  Free and open competition will win the day, not overblown government intervention.
Carson: Isn't it crazy when forty plus years after FDR party unity on both sides is just horrible?
Westman: Pretty crazy Johnny.  You know there was a time when the conservative faction of the Republican Party, led by Robert Taft, approached my grandfather about the possibility of running as the VP on the GOP ticket if Vandenberg won the nomination?  And that FDR actually supported the Republican challenger against my grandfather William, the Democratic nominee for US Senator?
Carson: Pretty crazy, it's almost like there is no need for party identification anymore.  What is the difference between Democrats and Republicans anyway?
Westman: I always used to think that the Democratic Party was the party most identified with smaller government while the Republican Party was the party of big business.  I know that sounds like petty rhetoric, but consider what a majority of GOP sponsored legislation in the past 110 years has been about: making business bigger, even at the expense and struggle of working class Americans.  Protectionist ideology is perhaps the biggest most self destructive policy I've ever heard of.
Carson: Well I wouldn't say all of the GOP is pro big government Senator, after all GOP members like Representative Ronald Paul of Texas, Representative Giovanni Russo of South Carolina, and Senator Beauregard D'Israeli of Wyoming all have expressed very similar ideas as you have.
Westman: Okay there may be a few exceptions to the Big GOP theorem, but the majority of the small government advocates you will find today are in the Democratic Party, though my colleagues would disagree.  There is even talk of a cross party Caucus being formed between libertarian members in both parties, that would be a most interesting solution to the tide of big government exposed by "liberal" Democrats and "moderate" Republicans.  And before you say it, the Constitution Party members in Congress are a bit big ole humbled pie for my tastes.
Carson: So what do you think of Beauregard D'Israeli?
Westman laughs.
Westman: Beau is a very interesting character he is.  You see I actually met Beau a few times before I was elected and I have to say I have no idea what his actual game is.  First off his accent is completely off putting I mean how the hell does a Wyomite have a British accent?
Carson: I was about to ask how a Montanan could have a Massachusetts accent?
Westman: (chuckles) Good point.  But honestly, and this is after getting to know him better, he seems to be a very bizarre person politically.  I mean he went from being an Eisenhower Protestant Republican to a Taft Satanist Republican, I mean really?  Trust me, he is as bizarre to me as he is to you.
Carson: So what do you have to say to the criticism that you are a moral hypocrite, that you betrayed your religion by having relations outside of marriage?
Westman: Well I've screwed up a lot on that one Johnny (crowd laughs).  I got married a long time ago because of that, not sure I want to do it again.  I do know that what I did with Laura I did in love, if that is sinful so be it.  Point is, my personal behavior is not why I was elected, my ideas was why I was elected.  Whether or not I am a moral hypocrite is beside the point.
Carson: Well you seem to be increasing your chances of re-election by the minute.
(crowd laughs)
Westman: More like the presidency.
(crowd laughs)
Westman: I am a servant of the people, elected to serve their interests in the form of legislation, not to serve as an ultimate example of a moral guardian.  Take that as you will.
Carson: Thank you for your time Senator.  When we come back we will be speaking with the legendary Charles Manson of the psychedelic rock band Flying Hats and world renowned bass guitar virtuoso Jerry Brown about their most recent music collaboration "Flash" which will be released in November 1977.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2011, 12:59:18 AM by Mechaman »

Democratic National Convention
August 12th, 1980:

Scott Westman is up in one of the conference rooms of Madison Square Garden conferring with a few of his fellow "Kennedy" Democrats.  Present are: Montana US Senator Scott Westman, US Representative Tip O'Neill (D-MA), Texas US Senator Lloyd Bentsen (who originally supported Carter), Nevada Governor Ricardo Barnes, Colorado US Senator Gary Hart, and New York Governor Stephen Edward Smith.
Barnes: Damn it!  Mondale is still in the lead!
O'Neill: Easy lads, the night is not yet over.  Ted can still pull off an upset.  If the party has any sanity left....that is.
Smith: Ha yeah, like they will ever give up.  They would lead this party into oblivion than trust this party to Ted!  Big tent my ass.
Hart: What more will it take to convince them of a "third way" of doing things rather than the same old "progressive" sh*t?
Bentsen: Gentlemen, as retarded as our redheaded progressive brethren may be, surely they will know that it is unhealthy to stick their heads up a bull's ass just because they don't like how reform looks.
Barnes: Hell, I figure that as bad as this sounds we may have no choice but to ultimately support Mondale if he wins the nomination.
Westman: Is that anticipation I hear in your voice Ric?  You sound like Mondale winning the nomination would be a good thing.
Barnes: I mean if you think about it it really would be
Westman: A DISASTER!  We can't let the New Deal morons rule over us forever you know.  Someday we have got to make a stand.  I mean look at what is happening to the Republicans: intra party Civil War.  The Constitution Party has taken up Crane as their candidate this year hoping to take the votes of disaffected conservatives meanwhile Anderson and the lot of butthurt attention whore "moderate Republicans" have formed a so-called "Moderate Reform Party" in response to Beau's ascension as the Presidential candidate.
Barnes: Which is great because it increases our chances to win
Westman: Unless that retarded ass of a man Mondale wins that is!  I'm not sure about limp wristed "left" libertarians like Barnes over here, but if conservative and moderate Republicans won't take any of D'Israeli's sh*t I don't know why we should take any of Walter's.
O'Neill: Blasphemous!  Don't you dare talk like that laddie!  I was born a Democrat and I shall die a Democrat!  To join a third party ticket in protest is a blasphemous act, no matter how much I disagree with the party's nominee.
Bentsen: Scott, son, I admire your passion but this is what separates us from opportunist hogs like the Grand Old Party: we truly are a big tent.  Like it or not the different factions of this party are united by a common goal to uphold the liberties and freedoms of the American citizen.  I may not like Walter's economics but like me he has a heart for the people unlike those opportunistic Republican bastards.
Westman: "Big tent", HAHA!  Where's the Solid Democratic South by the way?
Bentsen: Sacrifices had to be made son, your grandfather would agree with me on this point.  After all, under his and others' suggestion President Truman adopted the Civil Rights Platform in '48.  He stood by the party through thick and thin, I expect the same out of you.
Westman: Lloyd, you weren't even in Congress the same years as my grandfather was.  Don't talk about him like you two played Mexican Train all day cos you don't.
Hart: Scott I understand the frustration but I have to agree with our colleagues: this is too drastic a proposal.
Westman: Gary if I feel the need to be a continuous compromiser like all the time then I will ask for your advice.  Your "Third Way" BS may work with in Congress, but here in the campaign battlefield it's useless!
Smith: All I'm going to say on this matter is that I will only vote the way that Ted wants me to vote.  If Ted loses the nod then I will follow his lead, even if that decision doesn't agree with Mr. "Civil War" over here.  Ted and I have all the respect in the world for you and your family Scott, but if he decides to shake hands with Walter and endorse him out of party loyalty I will follow.
Westman: Well, hey Ted could win so you know this conversation might be pointless anyway.

Two days later:

Carter
Esteemed members of the Democratic National Convention it is my great honor to announce that after days of voting we have finally reached the count necessary to elect the nominee for Democratic President of the United States of America.  With a bare majority of 1,721, the next Democratic President of these United States.......Walter Mondale!
At the announcement of Mondale as the Presidential candidate reporters report seeing Montana Senator Scott Westman get out of his chair and walk towards the exit of Madison Square Garden, popping some balloons on his way out.  One of the reporters managed to catch up to the Senator as he was about to get into his 1980 343 Volvo.
Reporter: Senator!  What will you do now?
Westman: Make a phone call...........
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 02:22:16 AM »

I had missed the Scott Westman character... Really was one of the bright spots of the old Americana timeline. Had fun working it with you and Kal.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »

I had missed the Scott Westman character... Really was one of the bright spots of the old Americana timeline. Had fun working it with you and Kal.

Dude expect an appearance by Lawrence Watson.  Hell, he will be pivotal for the plot development of this TL.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2010, 12:54:42 PM by Boffer of the Flaps »

August 14th, 1980
10:30pm
Manhattan Hilton, Scott Westman's room:

Scott Westman slams open the door to a bewildered Jodie Foster.
Foster: Whoa!  Babe!  What're you doing here so soon?
Westman: Those bastards........why do they have to be so f***ing stupid!?
Westman sits down on the edge of the bed as Jodie starts massaging his shoulders.
Foster: Oh man......bummer.
Westman: I mean even when the climate is going totally against them they still won't take a damn clue!  They will lead this party to suicide!
Jodie plants two small kisses on Westman's neck.
Foster: Settle down baby, things will be better next election when you guys retake Congress thanks to chronic D'Israeli extremism.
She wraps her arms around his stomach.
Westman: God you make me feel like such a pedophile.
Foster: Come on, it's not like we are actually doing anything illegal, right?
Westman: Hah no.
Foster: So I guess earlier on tv you weren't going out to take a breath of air?
Westman: Hell no.  I will tell you this right now and I mean this: I'll be damned before I endorse Walter Mondale, I'll be damned.  But I also will never go as low as endorsing the candidate of the Grand Old Opportunist Party, no matter how much he and I agree.  While I work with Republicans all the time in Congress I will never as long as there is breath in my body support one, even if I despise the Democrat.
Foster: Yawn.  This political talk is making me tired.  And by the looks of it you are quite stressed out and in need of rest yourself.  Babe, I think it's sleepy time.
Westman: Alright.  Let me check if the place is bugged first............

August 15th, 1980
4:32AM
Classical Liberal Party Headquarters:

The Classical Liberal presidential nominee Edward Clark and the party chairman James Bitterman are in the kitchen area of the compound smoking cigarettes way past their bed time.
Clark: I love the flavor of these Kamels.
Bitterman: Yeah don't you just love a nice hot fag to suck on at the end of the day?
Both men die laughing when the phone rings.
Bitterman: I wonder who the hell could be calling at this hour?
Clark: I bet Abraham Lincoln it's either a prank caller who thinks we have one of them answering machines or it's somebody lost in the middle of nowhere stuck at a gas station who got the wrong number.
Clark picks up the phone
Clark: Classical Liberal Party headquarters, may I ask what the raging hell you are doing calling this place at 4:30 in the morning?
Westman: Ed Clark, this is Scott Westman.
At the sound of the name of the United States Senator of Montana, Clark made a loud gasp.
Clark: Alright Senator, why did you call this early in the morning?
Westman: Because I have you figured out Ed Clark, you're the type of go lucky candidate who is so on the job you literally live it.  You probably sleep in a storage closet for all I know.
Clark: Actually they have a bunk room for overnight workers.
Westman: Cool.  Listen, I got a most interesting proposition.
Clark: Go on.
Westman: So I heard that your runningmate was having "family problems"?

Two days later:

John Chancellor, NBC Nightly News: In a shocking bit of news the Classical Liberal Party announced today that due to "family problems" Vice Presidential nominee Ronald Mahan was dropping out of the ticket.  But our story doesn't end there.
Turns over to video of press conference that shows CL party presidential nominee Ed Clark standing alongside Montana Senator Scott Westman.
Clark: Ladies and gentlemen it is my honor and privilege to introduce the Classical Liberal Party's nominee for Vice President: Your very own Montana Senator Scott Westman.
Mondale: Are you f***ing kidding me!?
Chancellor: I believe that would make Montana Senator Scott Westman, 35 years of age this past May, the youngest person to be on a presidential ticket in history.  Even younger than William J. Bryan, who at the age of 36 was nominated to run as the Presidential candidate of the Democratic Party.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »

At the bar:

Scott Westman is having a drink of Killian's Irish Red when he hears a familiar voice.
Watson: Hey Scott!

Flashback: February 18th, 1978:
Watson:
You won't believe the kind of day I've had.
Westman: Dude Larry, it's been awhile.  Where the hell have you been?
Watson: Oh well Morris caught wind that I was drinking like a lot and gave me money to go on a trip to Sydney.
Westman: Australia?  What the hell were you going to do there?  Hunt marsupials?
Watson: Man you won't believe this!
Westman: What you finally got laid?
Watson: No!  Better than that!
Westman: Freaky Fourway with twins and Jesus Christ?
Watson: You are such a horrible Catholic you know?
Westman: Thanks for the praise Saint Asshole.
Watson: I met this girl.
Westman: Oh right.  I guess Australia's statutory laws are a bit more lax.....I might just visit.
Watson: No you kiddielover!  I mean I met this beautiful girl who genuinely seemed to like me for well me!  We spent the whole day just walking around town, watched some opera, you name it!
Westman: Well as long as you get your rocks off.
Watson: No, I wouldn't take advantage of a girl like that man.  I want our special time together to be well you know......special.
Westman: (sarcastically) Aww mate, I think I just shed a tear.
Watson: I would think for man like you, who knows what it's like to have loved, you would be more sympathetic.
Westman: Listen man, me and Laura have got something very heavy going on, I knocked her up obviously.  However due to the nature of our lives it will be doomed from the start.  Yes, she will give me a beautiful child who I will love dearly, but our worlds as similar as they are will always be quite different.
Watson: Wow, that's very hopelessly optimistic of you.  I just feel it that this girl could be the one man.
Westman: Laddie, I was like you once: idealistic about the notion of man and woman living forever as one in marriage.  I was married once, take a look at me now.  There are only two people I have ever really loved, one of them is six feet under the ground at Kent State, the other one is thousands of miles away with very little way of us seeing each other for months, if not years.  Let it be known lad, there will never be any man or woman who I could ever love as much as I love my Brea.
Westman sheds a tear.
Watson: You old softie.  Maybe if I showed you a picture of this girl it would lighten the mood?
Watson pulls out a picture of a strikingly beautiful blond woman.
Westman is speechless.
Westman: This is the woman you were speaking off?
Watson: Yes man, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever met.
Westman: Pretty damn impressive fatso, pretty damn impressive.
Both men laugh.
Watson: Her name is Laura.

Back to the Present: August 19th, 1980:
Westman:
Hey Larry!  How's it going with you and Laura?
Watson: Pretty good man, pretty good.  I proposed to her at the end of the Democratic National Convention.
Westman: Damn it why didn't you tell me?  I could've stayed the whole night.
Watson: Well after your exit it didn't seem like a good idea at the time.  By the way Scott, we need to talk.
Westman: I know where this is going Larry and all I'm going to say is "f*** you".
Watson: It's a bit harsh and excessive isn't it?  I haven't had my say yet you know?
Westman: I'm sorry that caring for the electoral future of this party is more important to me than joining in the mass cult suicide my fellow moderate, conservative, and libertarian brethren are participating in by backing Walter.
Watson: It's more than that Scott.  You aren't doing yourself any favors by going so against the party in this election.  Granted you haven't endorsed D'Israeli, like a few of our conservative members have, but running as Vice President on a third party ticket?  Seriously man?  Do you want to lose re-election?
Westman:  I will give you this man, for every situation you always seemed to have the route to survival mapped out, but I figure that running on a third party damages my chances in running in libertarian leaning Montana in two years not as quite as much as running as a "progressive" Democrat against a "moderate" Republican in Pennsylvania in a heavily anti-Democrat year.
Both men laugh.
Watson: So have you talked to Laura yet?
Westman: Nah, I'm fresh out of jokes.
Watson: Not my lady, your ex-lady you know the cute brunette Irish girl who bore your son?
Westman: Well, Larry I really don't know what is going on anymore.  We left on good terms, it just wouldn't work.  We had a beautiful baby boy together, that means a lot to me, but inevitably it was a doomed relationship.
Watson: That's a bullsh*t cop out and you know it.  You two had something going, something special.  You don't just have babies with women and it means little man, there had to be some love.
Westman: I'm sorry Larry but there really wasn't, we were both just two young people new to the environment of DC and we needed somebody to lean on, to give us support during our infancy in the DC world.  Naturally since I hated using protection and she was adamantly opposed to abortion it was inevitable we would've ended up having a kid together.  But you know?  We're very good friends now, that's all that matters.  I don't want Patty growing up with two parents that hate each other's guts.  Sure, we shared intimacy, but that was just our loins crying out for each other, not our hearts.  We don't have what you and Laura have, okay?
Watson: Alright man, I just fear you're afraid of being too intimate to somebody, too close to them.
Westman: Which is why it's been killing me to be away from my daughter this long?  Ha!  Right!  And as for relationships, me and Jodie seem to be going pretty steady at the moment.  Sure the lack of you know what kind of sucks, but she satisfies my other needs as well.  Plus it really pisses off the moralfags.
Watson: You and the little ladies Westman, you never cease to amaze me.  Here's to you my friend.
Westman: Here's to me!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »

US Capitol, October 11th, 1980:

Scott Westman is walking out of the building when he is swarmed by reporters.
Reporter: Senator, the press would like to know when in an election where everyone else is actively campaigning why you have decided to work nonstop around the clock at Capitol Hill?
Westman: Because I believe that a candidate should be judged for their ability to do their job, not the ability to speak meaningless big words to get people to vote for them.
Reporter: So how did you get elected in the first place?
Westman: By bringing up relevant issues and not using meaningless words to drive home my point.  Now if you'll excuse me I have an economic plan to discuss with Speaker Russo.  Good day gentlemen.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 08:13:25 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2013, 02:05:40 AM by Communists For McCain »

Information on the parties running in the 1980 US Presidential Election:

Democratic Party
Incumbent Presidential Party
Leader: President Ronald W. Reagan of California
Presidential Candidate 1980: US Senator Walter Mondale of Minnesota
Vice Presidential Candidate 1980: Former US Senator Fred Harris of Oklahoma
Ideology: Liberalism (libertarian/progressive big tent)
Current Situation:  After having one of the most unpopular second presidential terms in US history with President Reagan the Democratic Party is currently suffering an intraparty civil war between libertarian and progressive factions.  Though tensions were recently cooled at the Democratic National Convention of 1980 between party nominee Walter Mondale, a leading progressive, and Massachusetts Senator Edward Kennedy, the leading figure of classically liberal Democrats in Congress, it seems too little too late.  Just when it seemed the Democratic ticket had a chance Montana Senator Scott Westman and a number of other libertarian and fiscally conservative Democrats defected en masse to the Classical Liberal Party.  While it seems that only a miracle can save the Democratic hopes for four more years in the Oval Office, the bigger question is: will the Democratic Party survive the Election of 1980?
Ballot Access:

Note: some states Democratic Parties have different identification than the national party.  Of note:
Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi: National Democratic Party
North Dakota: Democratic Non-Partisan League
Minnesota: Democratic Farmer Labor Party
Wisconsin: Democratic Progressive Alliance

Republican Party
Plurality Party in US Congress
Leader: US Senate Majority Leader Mark Hatfield of Oregon
Presidential Candidate 1980: US Senator Bearegard D'Israeli of Wyoming
Vice Presidential Candidate 1980: Representative Jack Kemp of New York
Ideology: Conservatism (conservative/moderate big tent)
Current Situation:  With the political winds going strongly against the Democratic Party it seemed as though the Republican Party would have a field day with the 1980 Presidential Election and increase their already sizable plurality of seats in the US Congress to create a "new Republican Generation" akin to the late 1890's-early 1900's.  What the Republican Party didn't count on was a bitter and divisive primary that would result in the splintering of the party into moderate, conservative, and libertarian factions.  The early favorite in the primaries (as well as the nomination) was US House Majority Whip Phil Crane, a prominent conservative Republican running against the "excess, waste, and more excess and waste" of the Reagan Administration.  However Crane would face strong opposition from first the so-called "moderate" wing of the GOP from fellow Illinois Representative John Anderson and then from fringe candidate Senator Bearegard D'Israeli of Wyoming, one of a few "libertarian Republicans" in Congress.  D'Israeli would prove to be the wild card in the race, as no one in either the conservative or moderate camps expected the fringe "libertarian" to make a presidential run.  D'Israeli would win by rallying together an odd mixture of anti-war and socially moderate Republicans for the victory at the National Convention.  Crane and Anderson, however would have none of it, insisting that the nomination of D'Israeli made a "mockery out of this Grand Old Party."  As a result Crane would end up winning the presidential nomination for the Constitution Party, a right wing third party stressing State's Rights and "moral order", and Anderson would form his own "Moderate Reform Party" to oppose the Republican ticket of D'Israeli and Kemp.  Both Crane and Anderson left the Republican Party shortly after declaring their new affiliations.  What was once considered an easy win for the Republican ticket is now a nailbiter.
Ballot Access:

Unlike Democratic Party, Republican Parties nationwide are uniform in party identity.  Republican Party is also only party whose name appears on all 50 state ballots (since Democrats have various affiliates with different names).

Constitution Party
Successor to the State's Rights Party
Leader: US Senator Jesse Helms of North Carolina
Presidential Candidate 1980: Former US House Majority Whip Phil Crane of Illinois
Vice Presidential Candidate 1980: Former Representative John Schmitz of California
Ideology: Right Wing Nationalism
Current Situation:  After many years of decline (due to resurgence of "moderate" Southern Democrats and conservative Republicans in the South) the Constitution Party suddenly finds itself at the edge of opportunity when they snatch former US House Majority Whip Phil Crane to lead their presidential ticket in 1980.  Although the Constitution Party has traditionally been limited in influence to the American South the addition of Crane in a very contentious and divisive election for both major parties might just give the struggling Southern Party the edge it needs to take back the South or even promote itself from "southern third party" to "The Third Party" in American politics.  Ballot Access:

In addition to their own party the Constitution Party in the election of 1980, thanks to fusion voting laws, also shares the ballot with several different right wing third parties.  It should be noted that due to the party split on Civil Rights and Segregation that the Constitution Party affiliates in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi still call themselves the "Democratic Party".  In these states the Democratic Party is referred to as "The National Democratic Party".  Theses states are marked in red.

The states in green are states that have parties that are affiliated with the Constitution Party but go by another name.  These parties are:

Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island: The Conservative Party of New England
New York: The Conservative Party of New York
Delaware and New Jersey: The Party of Concerned Families
Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, and Montana: The Populist Party

Moderate Reform Party
Otherwise known as the "Moderate Republican Party"
Leader: Representative John Anderson of Illinois
Presidential Candidate 1980: US Senator Jakob Javits of New York
Vice Presidential Candidate 1980: US Senator Robert Stafford of Vermont
Ideology: Moderate (mostly centrist with some leftist tendencies)
Current Situation:  After being shunned out of the Republican National Convention with the nomination of the libertarian Republican ticket of Bearegard D'Israeli and Jack Kemp, a number of moderate Republicans under failed Presidential candidate John Anderson of Illinois formed a third party composed mostly of moderate/liberal Republicans to run opposed to the national GOP ticket who think a D'Israeli ticket is "too extreme" for the Republican Party.  Although he formed the party Anderson declined to run for party president, instead the Moderate Reform Convention nominated US Senators Jakob Javits of New York and Robert Stafford of Vermont to run on the national ticket.
Ballot Access:

The Moderate Reform Party has ballot access everywhere except the Deep South, for obvious reasons.  Despite it's "moderate" image the Moderate Reform Party in the election of 1980 has a number of progressive affiliates that shared the ballot with the party.  These parties, shown in yellow are:

Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island: Progressive Coalition
Vermont: Vermont Progressive Party
New Hampshire: Independent Coalition of New Hampshire
New Jersey: Working Families Party of New Jersey
New York: Liberal Party of New York
Wisconsin: Wisconsin New Progressive Party
Minnesota: Minnesota New Labor Party
Montana: Liberal Republican Party of Montana
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »

Dude expect an appearance by Lawrence Watson.  Hell, he will be pivotal for the plot development of this TL.

Good to see my name existing in story form again. Wink Seriously, love your stuff, dude.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2010, 10:59:05 PM by Boffer of the Flaps »

Classical Liberal Party
Formerly known as the "Libertarian Party", until name change in 1977.
Leader: Chairman David Nolan, who is also one of the founding members.
Presidential Candidate 1980: Attorney Edward Clark of California
Vice Presidential Candidate 1980: US Senator Scott Westman of Montana
Ideology: Libertarianism
Current Situation:  Long considered a "joke party that couldn't get someone elected dog catcher" the CLP has suddenly found itself in a very unique position to influence history.  Resigned to another election with winning less than 0.05% of the popular vote the CLP gets a silver bullet just days after the Democratic National Convention closes with Montana Senator Scott Westman, a Democrat, announcing before the press that he has accepted the CLP's offer to run as their vice presidential candidate.  Will this rag tag libertarian third party stay below 1% of the vote, or will they prove their naysayers wrong in 1980 and make their voices heard?

Ballot Access:

Despite having less resources than either the Constitution or Moderate Reform Parties the Classical Liberal Party has ballot access in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.  The Classical Liberal Party has a few different state affiliates, shown in green.  Those state affiliates are:

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont: The Free State Party of New England
Montana: Liberal Democratic Party of Montana
Wyoming: Liberal Democratic Party of Wyoming
Alaska: Alaskan Independence Party
Hawaii: Hawaiian Freedom Party
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 03:42:15 PM by Somebody's Watching Me »

The 1980 Presidential Election:

Due to the natural anti-Democratic environment of 1980 the Republican ticket of D'Israeli and Kemp had a steady lead throughout the season.  However, there was much fear that due to possible vote splitting due to the number of third parties running for president that the election could go to Congress and the result would be anybody's guess.  It would be possible, if all parties were stubborn, for the US to go months without a president-elect.  Surprisingly, D'Israeli's biggest threat in the election wasn't the Constitution or Moderate Reform tickets, but the Classical Liberal Party.  Since a majority of self identified "libertarians" were Democrats many Republicans began to wonder if the nomination of D'Israeli as the presidential nominee of the Republican Party, especially with libertarian Democrat Scott Westman running on the Classical Liberal Party ticket as the Vice President, was a good idea.  At the time of the Republican Convention D'Israeli's supporters countered worries about the Republicans losing votes due to right wing and moderate emigration to other third party tickets by claiming that the nomination of D'Israeli would steal a good deal of the libertarian vote, which was traditionally Democratic.  With Scott Westman running, that all changed.  Even if he was just a VP candidate, his presence in the race probably harmed the Republican Party more than it did the Democratic Party (ironically the MRE would cause more harm to Mondale).  In the October 28th Presidential Debate Edward Clark would pull off a surprise victory over the politicians who were party nominees in the other major tickets.  He especially made D'Israeli look bad, criticizing D'Israeli's support of using force to get the hostages out of the Delhi Embassy, the death penalty, and support of "protectionist policies" in regards to supporting criminal punishment for American citizens who purchase "dangerous" foreign imports.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

After the debate the Presidential Poll looked like this:
Beauregard D'Israeli (Republican): 23.21%
Walter Mondale (Democratic): 21.41%
Edward Clark (Classical Liberal): 19.82%
Phil Crane (Constitution): 18.21%
Jacob Javits (Moderate Reform): 17.05%
Others: 0.3%

Despite his victory in the debate Clark was far from having the lead in the presidential polls.  Although, commentator Dan Rather would remark on him being ahead of Crane and Javits, both established candidates:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No one could predict what would happen next.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 03:41:45 PM by Somebody's Watching Me »

Scandal!: Constitution Party Vice Presidential Nominee Schmitz=child abandoner!
The Daily Liberal (a liberal magazine)Sad

October 2nd, 1980

In perhaps the biggest show of arrogance so far this election John Schmitz, the Vice Presidential candidate for the Constitution Party, has denied paternity of the child that a former student of his, Marian Riggs, claims is his.  A week ago the baby, George Riggs, was sent to LA County Medical to be treated for an "injured penis".  Doctors found that a piece of hair had been tied so tight around the penis as to indicate that deliberate sexual abuse had taken place.  After being pressed on the matter Miss Riggs indicated that the felon responsible for this matter was no one other than the self righteous bigot running as Vice President on the Constitution Party ticket.  The biggest question is: Why haven't the national media picked this up yet?  And why are the idiots of this nation preferring a sexually abusive narcissist above such qualified people like Scott Westman?

October 7th, 1980:

Dan Rather:
 Good evening I'm Dan Rather.  It has been a long and winding road for the 1980 election, and it seems it just got a lot rockier.  Today CBS News has been informed that there is a warrant out for the arrest of John G. Schmitz for endangerment and abandonment of a child that a supposedly secret lover, Marian Riggs, claims is his.  With me today is Constitution Presidential Candidate Phil Crane.  Phil, do you wish to make a comment?
Crane: Yes I do Dan.  Over the past week or so that this controversy has happened I have been asked to disavow John Schmitz's membership in this organization.  I can not do that, however the accusations put a dark cloud over this party's image going into the November election.  The party leaders approached me about dropping John.  Me and about 20 others signed the document and as of this moment John is no longer part of the national Constitution Party ticket.
Rather: Well then who have you chosen as his replacement?
Crane: A dye in the wool American: Jesse Helms.
Rather: I hate to sound nonbiased but is that the best idea?
Crane: It is better than having a man who is accused of sexual abuse and abandonment of a child on our ticket, what would you have done with just two days before the election!?

Due to Crane's erratic behavior and jumping on Rather (as well as the whole controversy revolving around John Schmitz), the Constitution Party's poll approval ratings would plummet.  However, not all was set in stone.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 03:41:21 PM by Somebody's Watching Me »

October 9th, 1980
Cheyenne, Wyoming:

Republican Candidate Beauregard D'Israeli addresses the crowd:

Fellow Republicans, I know that in recent months I may have gotten on some of your nerves, however I think in light of recent events it should be said if you have any wishes at all of a conservative agenda passing to vote for us.  Unlike the Constitution ticket we believe in equal rights and will take a stance against predators like John Schmitz.  I may be a Satanist but I still believe in the concept of cold hard justice when the time calls for it.  Do you really want hypocrites to lead this nation, or do you want a man who you can take his word to the bank on?  If you want honesty and integrity in the office, if you want results vote for the ticket of Beauregard D'Israeli and Jack Kemp.

Many would call this last minute speech by D'Israeli an attempt to steal the conservative vote in light of recent events that put an ugly spin on the Constitution Party.  He pretty much put the challenge before the conservative Republican: either get over your religious hangups on my Satanism.....or be left with power abusers.
It would seem that it might be just enough to put D'Israeli over the needed 280 electoral college votes.  Or would it?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

Go Mondale or Javits!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 08:39:13 PM »

I'm only on page two of this, but I skipped ahead and saw some stuff abour multiple parties, so I've decided to read on!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 03:41:02 PM by Somebody's Watching Me »

A more humorous entry

October 11th, 1980:

Constitution Party Vice Presidential Candidate Jesse Helms addresses a rally in Topeka, Kansas.

Jus a dee ugo Raypublackan Buoyretard Day Ise Raily heed teh awdahchitay tu clame thut ef u iven oped tu cee a c**ntsirvuhtave uhginduh thut teh unly wuy tu go wuld bee tu voot Raypublackan.  Su sudanlee wee troll ote ore sex feend uv a viiiiiiiish prayshiduntull cundidait und where nut c**ntsirvuhtave!?  Huu teh hull es deemonluver Raypublackan Day Ise Raily, a mimbur uv teh Republackan Partay, teh partay tat kilt Stats Rites, abut upalden c**ntsirvuhtave vahlyous? U wunt c**ntsirvuhtave vahlyous?  Ten voot fur teh Murican c**ntistuition Partay!

Once Helms stopped speaking, Michael Daniels, an expert in 500 different African languages, took the podium to translate what Helms just said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this is what the esteemed Senator of North Carolina just said:

Do not listen to the words of Beauregard D'Israeli when he says that the Constitution Party has no chance of winning the election this year.  Especially don't listen to him say that your best and closest chance to a true conservative agenda is to vote Republican.  Throughout it's history the Republican Party has historically stood against what our conservative founding fathers stood for, why would they suddenly start caring now?  Simple: they don't.  It is all a part of D'Israeli's libertarian ego trip to think he could possibly win the vote of real conservatives like you and me.

The crowd erupts in cheers.  Daniels turns towards Helms and hands him a small book with the words "Webster's Pocket English Dictionary"
Daniels: You'll thank me later in life.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »

Byrd: Mister Westman, your demands for axing out subsidies for energy production is simply barbaric......BARBARIC! LET THAT WORD RING OUT! FROM VALLEH TO VALLEH! FROM HILLTOP TO HILLTOP!
Westman: I think you just wanted an excuse to yell "barbaric"!

This quote is so great, I should put it in my signature
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »

I have a feeling that last update was just for laughs. Hilarious ho he needs a translater and an english pocket dictionary Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »

Sometime during the 1948 Democratic National Convention
In an Unknown room:

Truman:
Do you have any idea what you're asking of me Hubert?
Humphrey: I know this sounds like a scary idea right now Harry, I know it'll cost us votes but it's the right thing to do.
Truman: Cost us votes?  It has the potential to lose us the South for a generation.  I'm not sure if you noticed but they are a dang strong voter base for us.
Westman: Yeah and other voting blocks, like the Irish and the Catholic, have had no bearing on the development of the Democratic Party.
Truman: William you don't understand.....
Westman: I understand completely Harry.  For decades we have allowed these social tyrant bastards dictate how subservient the rest of us are to the Anglo Protestant hierarchy of this country.......no more no longer.
Humphrey: And people call this guy a "conservative".
Westman: This issue transcends political ideology.  The struggle of the black man, the struggle against the racist bigoted Anglo Protestant hierarchy of the South, is as real as the struggle my ancestors put up against English tyrants and mass murderers.  For that reason I shall not waiver in my support of these Americans who deserve the rights and freedoms their brothers and sisters in the Northern industrialized states enjoy.
Truman: Wow Willie, that was so damn beautiful.  I think I might've shed a tear.
Westman: When you come from such unwanted beginnings as I and mine have, one can not but have a heart for those who have suffered so.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »

Vice Presidential Debate.  October 15th, 1980:

Helms:
Un uv dah las dings dis nashun nids es a Ves Prizidit Scad Weiszmun!
Westman: Literacy will be an important focus of a Clark/Westman administration..... (waves hand at Helms) for obvious reasons.
(crowd laughs)

Stafford: We can no longer ill afford the blind hackery of yesteryear to take over our parties.
Westman: Likewise Mr. Stafford we can not lead your ilk completely dominate the political mainstream.  You're not the solution.....you're the problem with a hangover that couldn't be cured with a bullet to the brain during a game of Russian Roulette.
(crowd murmurs)

Kemp: The D'Israeli/Kemp administration hopes to take out the excessive government waste and spending and reform this nation's crime laws.
Westman: Perhaps it would be best if you found the screws that got loose in Beauregard D'Israeli's head........
[crowd laughs]

Harris: President Reagan made some hard choices, and so will President Walter Mondale.  Sometimes what is best for the people isn't what is the most popular.  Sadly even a number (looks over at Westman) of my own party members don't get that.
Westman: Oh we got it alright Fred, it's just there are some members of the party (nods head back at him) who believe that ideological adherence is more acceptable than say pragmatic and open minded thinking.

Moderator: Mister Westman, how much chance at winning do you think your ticket has?
Westman: Honestly: None.
(everyone laughs)
Westman: But sometimes winning is not everything.  If this debate has not taught the American people anything it is that out of the people up here tonight I am the only one who will tell you the absolute truth, even if it damages my own chances at success.  Yes I know I will not be sworn in as Vice President on January 20th, but neither will three other candidates up here tonight.  I am here to send a message that the broken politics of yesteryear won't cure the problems of today, that the American people deserve more than a handshake and a promise: they deserve action.

Rather: It seems that out of viewers polled Senator Westman was tonight's clear winner in the Vice Presidential debate.  His frank and honest handling of the question seems to have struck a cord with the American voter.  However, as of the poll closings this evening a Clark/Westman victory seems unlikely.  It seems Westman's best hope for this election is to cause a result that will have people questioning the way electoral politics works in this nation.

No more polls due to too much math.....
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »

SHOCKER!!!! REPUBLICAN D'ISRAELI SPEAKS OF DOWNFALL OF RELIGION, SPEECH CAUGHT AND LEAKED TO THE PRESS!:

October 16th, 1980:

One thing that I wish to accomplish as President is to lead a new awareness movement against the evils of organized religion, specifically the Christian religion.  All of our lives in western culture we have been raised to believe in this invisible sky daddy who we should worship and fear and to give our money to big government for the preservation of moral society.  Well to hell I say with that.  The supremacy of the individual, now and forever, will be what my reign shall be about!

The quote was published in every major US newspaper from Juneau to Bangor.

October 17th, 1980:
Reporter:
So Senator D'Israeli, did you really advocate the overthrow of religion?
D'Israeli: That quote was taken out of original context and completely butchered.  Do I think Christianity is a joke and all of the people who follow it delusional?   Yes, sure....but it is their right to practice it and as President I would not interfere with their ability to do so.  But I won't stay quiet about my beliefs just because I am President.  I am a Satanist and I'm proud of it.

Reponses:
Michael Lombardio, Camden, New Jersey:
Just when I was starting to think the Republican party hadn't turned into a total joke but nominating this Gold Standard Satanist Darwinist psycho...........
Steve Williams, Victoria, Texas:  All of my life I had been part of the Republican party, a rare thing for a Texas boy like myself.  All of my life until yesterday, when the overblown Looney Tune known as Beauregard D'Israeli who is the GOP candidate went as far as to call mjy religion a "joke".  I guess I'll be voting for the ticket with the non politician and the kiddie lover running on it instead.
Gloria Latham, Cleveland, Ohio: Lifelong GOP member.  I have been voting GOP since I was old enough to vote in 1956.  No more until this joke isn't part of our Grand Old Party.  I'm going Constitution this year.

In the coming days the effects of D'Israeli's comments on Christianity would come back to haunt him in a very bad way.  His poll numbers would take one of the most massive droppings in the history of US Presidential Election seasons.  In his place a different extreme would take over.............
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 11:53:38 PM »

Constitution Party Rally
Akron, Ohio:

Phil Crane:
Akron are you sick and tired of the Satanist Darwinist D'Israeli talking about how he and his ilk are your only chances of achieving limited conservative government?  Are you sick and tired of the Grand Old National Party's ego when it comes to the coming election?  Want to send a message that will go around the political world?  Want to save everything that is right and just about America?  Then by all means don't vote for Beauregard D'Israeli, don't vote to change America into something that it is not: Godless Selfless Randism.  Also don't go in and pull the lever for four more years of Reaganomics if you love the American economy and free enterprise!  And don't be fooled by the charming manner of the Edward Clark or Scott Westman, who wish to deregulate vice only for their own selfish benefits without regard to the personal cost to families.  A less regulated yet moral society is a society for all Americans to be proud of.  If you want to vote for the American Dream, then vote for Crane!  I promise you a Truly Shining City on the Hill!

The Speech entitled "Shining City on the Hill" would capture the minds of millions of American families and cause a turn in the 1980 election that no one saw coming..............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies