Who would win Iowa caucus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:00:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would win Iowa caucus?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who's more likely to win the 2012 GOP caucuses?
Mitt Romney

Sarah Palin

Mitch Daniels

Tim Pawlenty

Rick Santorum

Bobby Jindal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Who would win Iowa caucus?  (Read 2998 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »

Santorum. He's already been there more than any candidate. Do NOT underestimate him.

I wonder why the poll left out Thune and Barbour, since those 2 are more likely to run than half the list. 

Santorum is Catholic, he won't get the GOP nomination.

Um, why couldn't a Catholic win the GOP nomination? Santorum couldn't win it, but that wouldn't be the reason.

^

He is far to the right and pro-life. Being a Catholic wouldn't be a problem considering how literally, he is all the way to the right. And besides, we aren't in the 50's anymore people
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 02:45:24 PM »

Santorum. He's already been there more than any candidate. Do NOT underestimate him.

I wonder why the poll left out Thune and Barbour, since those 2 are more likely to run than half the list. 

Um, why couldn't a Catholic win the GOP nomination? Santorum couldn't win it, but that wouldn't be the reason.

^

He is far to the right and pro-life. Being a Catholic wouldn't be a problem considering how literally, he is all the way to the right. And besides, we aren't in the 50's anymore people

A Catholic isn't going to win the GOP nomination in 2012. Consider how many stronger candidates there are who aren't Catholic. Then consider that the Southern Baptist's are the backbone of the GOP.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

^

A Catholic isn't going to win the GOP nomination in 2012. Consider how many stronger candidates there are who aren't Catholic. Then consider that the Southern Baptist's are the backbone of the GOP.

a Catholic can win and not take the south, the same way Romney would win if he does or Pataki
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »

^

a Catholic can win and not take the south, the same way Romney would win if he does or Pataki
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2010, 07:08:14 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

What about Huckabee?  He did make some strong hints at running on his show.  And he did carry Iowa in the caucuses.  Personally, I don't think he'd win, but he would probably have a formidable showing at least. 
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »

^

No, the won't happen. He would have to win in South Carolina or at least finish near the top to stay in charge.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »

I think its either Sarah Palin or Bobby Jindal.  Those two are canidates that share similar stances as the Conservatives living in Iowa.  I'd like to hear an argument about why people think Mitch Daniels could win?  I think he's just popular on this forum.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 09:09:20 PM »

Mitch Daniels baby!!!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »

^

No, the won't happen. He would have to win in South Carolina or at least finish near the top to stay in charge.

yeah, obviously if a Catholic, whomever it is gets 5% in South Carolina, they wouldn't win no matter what. Romney was mormon and placed resonably there. Not to mention Newt Gingrich is Catholic and he's leading in South Carolina, and tied up with Huckabee in the south
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »

Palin won't run. But she does have a legit shot at RNC Chair...I'd much rather have her than Steele. Still got that diversity going on for the GOP, and she isn't as dumb...

That's the understatement of the century lol

Yeah, why isn't Mike Huckabee listed on this? I really could see him running again in 2012, especially since it'll be a better year for the Republicans and he did finish in second place in 2008. He and Palin would split the social conservative vote, which apparently there are lot of in Iowa (explains Huckabee's victory in 2008), particularly Western Iowa, but what about the rest of the state? Are the Republicans in Eastern Iowa as conservative as their neighbors to the west?

What about Tim Pawlenty? He's from a bordering state (Minnesota) that could help him.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

Palin won't run. But she does have a legit shot at RNC Chair...I'd much rather have her than Steele. Still got that diversity going on for the GOP, and she isn't as dumb...

Yeah, why isn't Mike Huckabee listed on this? I really could see him running again in 2012, especially since it'll be a better year for the Republicans and he did finish in second place in 2008. He and Palin would split the social conservative vote, which apparently there are lot of in Iowa (explains Huckabee's victory in 2008), particularly Western Iowa, but what about the rest of the state? Are the Republicans in Eastern Iowa as conservative as their neighbors to the west?

What about Tim Pawlenty? He's from a bordering state (Minnesota) that could help him.

Mike Huckabee 1) loves Fox News and 2) granted clemency to a guy that after released, killed Washington cops
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »

Mike Huckabee 1) loves Fox News and 2) granted clemency to a guy that after released, killed Washington cops

True, but he would also have pleanty of dirt to throw at the other candidates.  Railing against Palin, for supporting the bridge to nowhere (an earmark), or against Romney, who's Health Care Reform had some stunning simularities to Obama's.  You're right, I think the Police killings would put his candidacy in the dirt, but he still might be a crucial vote splitting factor if he ran. 

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »

True, but he would also have pleanty of dirt to throw at the other candidates.  Railing against Palin, for supporting the bridge to nowhere (an earmark), or against Romney, who's Health Care Reform had some stunning simularities to Obama's.  You're right, I think the Police killings would put his candidacy in the dirt, but he still might be a crucial vote splitting factor if he ran. 

which is why he wouldn't run, to ensure that a conservative beat Romney. and he wouldn't endorse Palin. I truly believe he will back Gingrich
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »

I just see Huckabee as a bit crazy, thinking he may have a chance when he doesn't.  But maybe he won't.  But he did make some hints on his show about running, but we'll see.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

Anti-Catholic bigotry in America is borderline dead, BTW.  At least the serious sort.  Look how beloved Sam Brownback is in Kansas.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »

I just see Huckabee as a bit crazy, thinking he may have a chance when he doesn't.  But maybe he won't.  But he did make some hints on his show about running, but we'll see.

I'd see Palin way more crazy of making a run then Huckabee. If he knows it's impossible and has a couple guys he likes in the field...he won't run
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »

Can't edit posts on my phone, but I meant Protestant anti-Catholic bigotry.  Of course, Pope-bashing is still popular, but American Catholics are less and less separate from their Protestant brethren.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

Who voted Romney? How the hell does he win Iowa? LOL.

I'm pretty sure Palin is running, so I picked her.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies