Who would win Iowa caucus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would win Iowa caucus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who's more likely to win the 2012 GOP caucuses?
Mitt Romney

Sarah Palin

Mitch Daniels

Tim Pawlenty

Rick Santorum

Bobby Jindal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Who would win Iowa caucus?  (Read 3000 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:59 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2010, 11:00:46 PM by Progressive »

Decide and discuss!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »

My Man Mitch
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »

l o l
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »

What's so funny?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:15 PM »

The phrase "My Man Mitch."  Not the candidate himself,  I personally feel that if he runs he will win the nomination.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »

Daniels. He would dominate the region's primaries.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »

Daniels. He would dominate the region's primaries.

I agree.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2010, 12:25:40 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

If you listened to Chris Matthew, Pat Buchanan, Mark Halperin, and others on Morning Joe this morning, it was unanimous - Palin by far.

They also suggested she'd clean everyone's clock in SC (that one I might believe)
xavier110
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:27:26 PM »

If you listened to Chris Matthew, Pat Buchanan, Mark Halperin, and others on Morning Joe this morning, it was unanimous - Palin by far.

They also suggested she'd clean everyone's clock in SC (that one I might believe)

I agree  with them. I found Chris Matthews's prediction sort of horrifying -- she takes IA, places a respectable 2nd or 3rd in NH, wins SC (thanks to Mama Grizzly Nikki Haley, xoxo), and then fights for her life in MI against Romney. At the same time, I'd love to see Sarah Palin as the Republican nominee, but it's still frightening.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »

Gingrich will win as well as the nomination, but because he isn't in the poll I'd say Daniels.

Who I believe is the only person 50-50 on running or not and if he doesn't run, he will be on the VP short list and for sure to be in the cabinet.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »

Daniels or Pawlenty.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »

At this point?

Probably Romney, but it is just a puzzle to me how this man's political career keeps breathing.

I still highly doubt Palin running in 2012, and even possibly Newt, but that would be more likely.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »

Palin won't run. But she does have a legit shot at RNC Chair...I'd much rather have her than Steele. Still got that diversity going on for the GOP, and she isn't as dumb...

What do y'all think of Santorum making noise so he can do a Senate re-match in 2012?
TopherAwesome
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

Palin won't run. But she does have a legit shot at RNC Chair...I'd much rather have her than Steele. Still got that diversity going on for the GOP, and she isn't as dumb...

What do y'all think of Santorum making noise so he can do a Senate re-match in 2012?

Casey would just crush him again.
milhouse24
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »

I'm going to say Thune or Barbour.  Palin is not running, Daniels is on the fence, Santorum is running for VP, Newt is old news, no one likes Romney.  T-Paw is kinda boring. 
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »

Iowa, as a caucus state, is all about enthusiasm and organization. Romney currently has the organizational advantage, having previously participated in the caucus and having run a nationwide campaign, one that did particularly well in caucus states. However, enthusiasm is not on his side, and enthusiasm, like Huckabee had in 2008 can be enough to overrun organization. Of the candidates listed, Palin is the only one with considerable enthusiasm on her side, but, then again, no one knows who the other will be, much less anything about them. Daniels and Pawlenty are both regionally relevant, but they aren't exactly as charismatic or exciting as someone like Palin.

From here, and there is certainly a ways to go so nothing is certain, it looks like Romney will probably finish in the top two. The only question is which of those spots he gets. If the social conservative vote is split, Romney wins. A strong Gingrich run could give the state to Palin, assuming she doesn't completely destroy herself by then. If Huckabee runs, I think he is the favorite by far, but I don't think he will.

That said, anything can still happen. There is still a long campaign in front of us before we get to Iowa.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »

Casey would just crush him again.

yes but if we put logistics into this, Santorum wouldn't run for anything ever again Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »

Probably Romney or Palin at this point. Daniels or Pawlenty if they could get off the ground and generate some interest would do well. Huckabee if he runs would dominate it again.

HELL NO!

Yea, thats a horrible idea. We need to find another Barbour. Someone who gets the job done and isn't worried about fame and being in the news.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »

Probably Romney or Palin at this point. Daniels or Pawlenty if they could get off the ground and generate some interest would do well. Huckabee if he runs would dominate it again.

HELL NO!

Yea, thats a horrible idea. We need to find another Barbour. Someone who gets the job done and isn't worried about fame and being in the news.

yes, but Steele was elected because of his race. Shouldn't his replacement when he gets ousted represent diversity? Dawson would have done an excellent job, but unfortunately he was a racist that had a membership to a white's only club
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Santorum. He's already been there more than any candidate. Do NOT underestimate him.
milhouse24
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »

Santorum. He's already been there more than any candidate. Do NOT underestimate him.

I wonder why the poll left out Thune and Barbour, since those 2 are more likely to run than half the list. 

Santorum is Catholic, he won't get the GOP nomination.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »

Mitch Daniels.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »

HELL NO!

yes, but Steele was elected because of his race. Shouldn't his replacement when he gets ousted represent diversity? Dawson would have done an excellent job, but unfortunately he was a racist that had a membership to a white's only club

It shouldn't be a consideration and definately shouldn't preclude far more competetent choices. As long as it isn't someone like Dawson with those flaws, it really doesn't matter what they are. Going in, Steele had experience as State Party chair, and head of GOPAC but we didn't know how incompetent he would be.

I still think Saul Anuzis was the best choice and should be a top the list of possible replacements.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »

I wonder why the poll left out Thune and Barbour, since those 2 are more likely to run than half the list. 

Um, why couldn't a Catholic win the GOP nomination? Santorum couldn't win it, but that wouldn't be the reason.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »

Um, why couldn't a Catholic win the GOP nomination? Santorum couldn't win it, but that wouldn't be the reason.

I somewhat agree with whoever said that. The Southern Baptist bloc is too strong. The truth.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies