A Message for Everyone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:29:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Message for Everyone
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Message for Everyone  (Read 1546 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

I would like to thank everyone on behalf of RosettaStoned and myself. If you are voting for us, we appreciate it greatly and if elected will do everything in our power to make sure you get represented in a way that respects the dignity of every Atlasian and the institution that is Atlasia itself.

If you aren't voting for us, then if elected we will fight for you just as hard. We've tried to hit home the fact that this is a different kind of ticket, a break with the past. I want to wish the other candidates good luck, and although I hope they don't win, if one of them does then I hope they will take into account those that supported us.

I'd also like to ask, finally, that if you're on the fence you will consider a vote for us in this, the 11th hour. We will restore honor to a broken system, and be the best we can be every single day in office. Recently we've found out that PurpleState and Marokai are hinting at striking down regional abortion restrictions. Whether you agree with these laws or not, this is a dangerous attempt to dismantle federalism in Atlasia. Those who care for the unborn should oppose the PurpleState/Marokai ticket, and those who care for regional liberty and decentralized power should see this as a blow against the right of people to decide their own laws. Even if you don't care about the abortion issue, this is bigger than that. Put aside your possible personal dislike of certain Populares members, or my associations with them. They're not on the ballot, Rosetta and I are. Do what's right for Atlasia, and vote for RosettaStoned/Useful Idiot.

I thank you all for your consideration and the opportunity I've had to be a part of this campaign.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »

Best of luck to your campaign Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »

While you spend half your closing post playing politics on an issue that has been debated ad nauseum in this game, I hope Atlasians take a moment to think about what is more important: a rare chance to reestablish a thriving and sustainable game or the opportunity to have the same, stale debates for another four months.

If you want to move past petty political ploys and really see this game change for the better, vote Purple State/Marokai Blue.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

I would personally support a constitutional form of national protection for abortion rights.

Here we have it in the words of Purple State's own running mate.

No self-respecting Atlasian who believes in regional rights could ever support the Purple State/Marokai Blue ticket.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 11:44:50 PM »

I would personally support a constitutional form of national protection for abortion rights.

No self-respecting Atlasian who believes in regional rights could ever support the Purple State/Marokai Blue ticket.

And here you have it in my words:

I have traditionally favored a region-by-region approach to the issue, but I do support the freedom of a woman to choose. As a result, I have and will continue to support pro-choice policies at the regional level and would be unlikely to strongly back a constitutional policy on the matter.

That said, this campaign cannot simply be about abortion policies. If Atlasians want just another four months of the same, old, stale debates on abortion/climate change/health care/(insert token issue here), this ticket is not for you.

My running mate and I stand on a platform of a renewed and revitalized Atlasia through extensive and wide-ranging game reform proposals.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »

And here you have it in my words:

I have traditionally favored a region-by-region approach to the issue, but I do support the freedom of a woman to choose. As a result, I have and will continue to support pro-choice policies at the regional level and would be unlikely to strongly back a constitutional policy on the matter.

That said, this campaign cannot simply be about abortion policies. If Atlasians want just another four months of the same, old, stale debates on abortion/climate change/health care/(insert token issue here), this ticket is not for you.

My running mate and I stand on a platform of a renewed and revitalized Atlasia through extensive and wide-ranging game reform proposals.

You are running for a federal office. Your position on policies at the regional level is not what needs to be discussed.

So I will ask you again: do you support your own running mate's proposal to constitutionally revoke the rights of regions to set their own abortion policies?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:58:39 PM »

lol, Maverick ticket?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:43 AM »

I find it amusing. For the entire time since the Stoned/Idiot ticket was announced, they've done nothing but outright lie or try to be completely disingenuous in their attacks.

You have routinely called us downright stupid names such as "anti-regionalist" or "radical" or some such BS. The fact of the matter is that our game reform proposals are widely shared among the population, many of which are your own party members, one of which is Libertas himself.

These are silly non-issues and outright lies that you've been peddaling since day one. While our ticket has consistently tried to have a national dialogue on game reform issues while strongly supporting keeping the FRAME of the current system to change things up just enough to keep the game interesting. This is just stupidity, and I'm tired of having to deal with senseless attacks on our ticket when we're actually trying to propose things.

What have you proposed? "We're not the other guy" is about it. You never proposed any real plans, and you didn't even try to debate us even though PS and myself both wanted it. You evaded from all the hard issues, favoring mud slinging. It's pathetic and hopefully people realize it for what it is: Intellectual bankruptcy.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »

I find it amusing. For the entire time since the Stoned/Idiot ticket was announced, they've done nothing but outright lie or try to be completely disingenuous in their attacks.

You have routinely called us downright stupid names such as "anti-regionalist" or "radical" or some such BS. The fact of the matter is that our game reform proposals are widely shared among the population, many of which are your own party members, one of which is Libertas himself.

These are silly non-issues and outright lies that you've been peddaling since day one. While our ticket has consistently tried to have a national dialogue on game reform issues while strongly supporting keeping the FRAME of the current system to change things up just enough to keep the game interesting. This is just stupidity, and I'm tired of having to deal with senseless attacks on our ticket when we're actually trying to propose things.

What have you proposed? "We're not the other guy" is about it. You never proposed any real plans, and you didn't even try to debate us even though PS and myself both wanted it. You evaded from all the hard issues, favoring mud slinging. It's pathetic and hopefully people realize it for what it is: Intellectual bankruptcy.

I hope the good voters of Atlasia will rise above these cheap personal attacks spewing forth from the Purple State/Marokai Blue camp and vote for the ticket that represents real change, RosettaStoned/ useful idiot.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 12:17:47 AM »

The two posts by Purple State and Marokai should show you all the exact attitude that we're fighting.

Both were examples of extreme projection, accusing US of mudslinging and lying. If I have told a lie then I would like to be called on it, but the simple fact is that I haven't lied once. In fact the only time I've directly addressed them was in this thread.

His labeling of us as the Stoned/Idiot ticket is a prime example of what we're trying to highlight in this campaign: a clear distinction between their politics and ours.  

The arrogance is certainly astounding. This campaign has played out in a way that seems more like a coronation than a free and fair election. Compare my original post with theirs. I did not attack them personally or question their integrity, but Marokai has taken the old route of attack, attack, attack.

We hope you will see through this and give us your support. I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish all of the Senate candidates good luck as well, no matter what their party affiliation or political leanings. Hopefully the best man will win in each of these races, and I'm sure those that do win will have earned their votes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »

I see alot of feigned outrage, but not alot of substance.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 12:23:57 AM »

I see alot of feigned outrage, but not alot of substance.

I'm neither outraged or surprised. I think the fact that you cannot point to a single lie I've told makes my argument for me, and I believe that the voters, if informed, will make the right decision.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 01:17:56 AM »

Recently we've found out that PurpleState and Marokai are hinting at striking down regional abortion restrictions. Whether you agree with these laws or not, this is a dangerous attempt to dismantle federalism in Atlasia. Those who care for the unborn should oppose the PurpleState/Marokai ticket, and those who care for regional liberty and decentralized power should see this as a blow against the right of people to decide their own laws. Even if you don't care about the abortion issue, this is bigger than that.

I care deeply about the abortion issue, but you are right.  No where in their campaign HQ did Purple State or Marokai Blue indicate that the removal of regional abortion restrictions was something on their agenda, nor is abortion actually an issue which can reasonably be discussed in a campaign for federal office at all.  So, in engaging in such a disingenuous attack, you expose yourself for the politically manipulating scumbag that you are.  If our Presidential elections had anything to do with abortion, you can bet your sorry ass that I would vote against you every single time.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 01:53:16 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2010, 01:55:06 AM by useful idiot »

Recently we've found out that PurpleState and Marokai are hinting at striking down regional abortion restrictions. Whether you agree with these laws or not, this is a dangerous attempt to dismantle federalism in Atlasia. Those who care for the unborn should oppose the PurpleState/Marokai ticket, and those who care for regional liberty and decentralized power should see this as a blow against the right of people to decide their own laws. Even if you don't care about the abortion issue, this is bigger than that.

I care deeply about the abortion issue, but you are right.  No where in their campaign HQ did Purple State or Marokai Blue indicate that the removal of regional abortion restrictions was something on their agenda, nor is abortion actually an issue which can reasonably be discussed in a campaign for federal office at all.  So, in engaging in such a disingenuous attack, you expose yourself for the politically manipulating scumbag that you are.  If our Presidential elections had anything to do with abortion, you can bet your sorry ass that I would vote against you every single time.

This is a game...on an internet board....on a political maps site....and you are a total and utter failure at life...

in addition to being a liar. You can read the quotation on Libertas's post. Furthermore, you need one of the following products:

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 02:10:53 AM »

This is a game...on an internet board....on a political maps site....and you are a total and utter failure at life...

in addition to being a liar. You can read the quotation on Libertas's post.

I am familiar with the quotation and wrote my post fully aware of it.  Either you are in the same class as your running mate in comprehension and parsing skills, or you are being dishonest:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Marokai Blue indicated that the only way abortion could be protected at a federal level is through a constitutional amendment, which is something he personally supports.  All indications are that Purple State is quite inclined to this pro-choice viewpoint as well.  Regardless of that, they haven't campaigned on the issue at all; never brought it up, and only discussed it in response to a well planted question.  Not that you should need this spelled out for you, but why exactly are you then politicizing abortion when there is nothing that the executive branch could reasonably expect to do about it one way or the other?  It's not as though your running mate, in his potential capacity as President, would be able to exercise any right to protect the unborn, or perhaps more importantly, protect "the regions."  These things are entirely up to the Senate, and then the voters through public referendum.

Why do you care so much about the regions anyway?  I thought this was just a game... on a political maps site.  You realize there are no unborn children's lives actually at stake here, right?  After your christening into the Vice Presidency it would be an awful shock for you to only figure that out then and there.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 02:20:30 AM »

Best of luck to you, Useful, and to your ticket head, too. I've voted for you, for the record. Cheesy
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:25 AM »

in addition to being a liar. You can read the quotation on Libertas's post.

I am familiar with the quotation and wrote my post fully aware of it.  Either you are in the same class as your running mate in comprehension and parsing skills, or you are being dishonest:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Marokai Blue indicated that the only way abortion could be protected at a federal level is through a constitutional amendment, which is something he personally supports.  All indications are that Purple State is quite inclined to this pro-choice viewpoint as well.  Regardless of that, they haven't campaigned on the issue at all; never brought it up, and only discussed it in response to a well planted question.  Not that you should need this spelled out for you, but why exactly are you then politicizing abortion when there is nothing that the executive branch could reasonably expect to do about it one way or the other?  It's not as though your running mate, in his potential capacity as President, would be able to exercise any right to protect the unborn, or perhaps more importantly, protect "the regions."  These things are entirely up to the Senate, and then the voters through public referendum.

Why do you care so much about the regions anyway?  I thought this was just a game... on a political maps site.  You realize there are no unborn children's lives actually at stake here, right?  After your christening into the Vice Presidency it would be an awful shock for you to only figure that out then and there.

*stepping out of the game*

I don't care, honestly. I'm providing opposition. You want me to come out and say "Vote Purple State and Marokai!"? If you don't act in the game as if it matters then what's the point? But by acting as if it matters you actually start to take it too seriously, then it just becomes sad, like in the case of you.

The members of my party on this game, and the people who would be inclined to vote for the ticket, are either pro-life or conservatives/libertarians who like the idea of decentralization and regionalism. Why would I not highlight the fact that Marokai thinks that there should be a constitutional right to an abortion? If I only talked about what they talk about then that would be them controlling the discussion, unrealistic for an actual campaign.

Anyone who needs to call people "manipulative scumbags" or engage in the general tone that Marokai has towards me even though I haven't ever been rude to him or attacked him personally in any way, needs a reality check. Pretending like you take this stuff seriously is one thing, actually taking it seriously is another. That's kind of why I accepted the VP slot; this game blows donkey dick because it's full of tools in cliques who've lost touch with reality and forgotten that this is supposed to be just that, a game.

*Stepping back into the game*

Thank you Svenssson, your vote is greatly appreciated!
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

For the record, I, at least, broke party lines and voted for ps/mb.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »

Word to the wise: I've found that over the years, going on the negative for any extended period of time actually hurts candidates. Come on, guys. You're campaign team should know that!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »

I don't think I'll vote for a ticket that finds the cabinet of which I'm a member of to be poor and/or incompetent.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »

Word to the wise: I've found that over the years, going on the negative for any extended period of time actually hurts candidates. Come on, guys. You're campaign team should know that!

People in Atlasia know each other well enough that there really isn't any upside to going negative. That is unless you are running against me, in which case there is any number of obscure but insane statements I've made that you can pull up.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »

People in Atlasia know each other well enough that there really isn't any upside to going negative. That is unless you are running against me, in which case there is any number of obscure but insane statements I've made that you can pull up.

Purple State/Marokai Blue has been negative since the campaign started and they seem to be doing well...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »

Purple State/Marokai Blue has been negative since the campaign started and they seem to be doing well...

Being fiery can be an effective way of getting a message across as long as you have the substance to back it up, which we have in spades. The Populares ticket, unfortunately..
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 04:37:53 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2010, 04:58:09 PM by GM Purple State »

That is yet another lie. You can reread my and Marokai's announcements and you won't see negativity.

I won't say that Marokai and I were exclusively positive the entire campaign, but our ticket isn't founded on attacking other candidates. We built a campaign on original proposals that we made stronger by listening to the ideas of others. The other tickets in this race are founded primarily on the basis of opposition for the sake of opposition.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently useful idiot finds it useful to spread lies about our ticket also. Surprise, surprise.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies