is useful idiot useful?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:48:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  is useful idiot useful?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: is useful idiot useful?  (Read 2256 times)
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »

just wondering?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »

Tool
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »

I thought we were cool, man Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2010, 11:03:22 PM by Eraserhead »

That's what you took the name from isn't it? Apparently not. lol.

I guess RosettaStoned got me thinking about people using Tool inspired names.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

I first heard the term from the "song", yeah. I used it for the political meaning though.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

Is HoffmanJohn is a good poster?

And yes, useful idiot is indeed useful.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

eh he's ok lol
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 01:47:35 AM »

If this thread had a poll, I'd vote FF.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:26 AM »

I guess I never picked you out as much of a Soviet sympathizer. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »

He's okay.

Though indicating that his love for his daughter is not 'unconditional' if she grew up to be lesbian is disconcerting and demonstrates a sinister side in someone who is relatively young Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 07:14:54 AM »

He's okay.

Though indicating that his love for his daughter is not 'unconditional' if she grew up to be lesbian is disconcerting and demonstrates a sinister side in someone who is relatively young Sad

Ok that's disturbing.  But as a poster he's fine.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »

He's okay.

Ok that's disturbing.  But as a poster he's fine.

It would be disturbing if I said it, but I didn't, nor did I even come close to saying something like that. The disturbing thing is how the forum gays, sans the two reasonable ones, seem to think that if I didn't fully embrace the fact that she was a lesbian, if she were, then my love is conditional.

If she were in a relationship with a non-Christian or having sex outside of marriage I'd feel the same way, this isn't picking on homosexuality. That doesn't mean I love her any less. I explicitly stated in that conversation that it wouldn't mean that I wouldn't see her as much as possible, talk to her every day I could, support her financially, or tell her how much I love her every chance I get. All I said was that I probably wouldn't let her partner and her stay over at my house and that I probably wouldn't go to any kind of marriage ceremony she were to have, if she chose to. I also said in that thread that it was possible that I would change my mind, but at this point it was unlikely. Considering it was a hypothetical, it's only a remote possibility that I would be placed in that situation, and I made it clear that if she were to tell me she were a lesbian that my perspective would probably change. Although I should add that we weren't talking about lesbians in that thread, but gay sons. I don't even have a son so I'm probably never going to be in that specific situation; I said that if my daughter told me she were a lesbian I'd think she was going through a phase or trying to get attention, like so many girls do nowadays, and that it would take me a couple years to even believe her.

I really don't understand the need for so many gays to get constant validation of their sexual orientation. If somebody thinks homosexuality is anything less than wonderful then they're "sinister" and hateful. Given the fact that I don't oppose gay marriage or gay protections under the law, it doesn't carry over into politics so I don't see any reason for them to care.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »

Goodness me, what an original topic; let me give that penetrating and original line of questioning my earnest attention...

useful idiot is useful. And an idiot, but he knows that so it's all-good.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »

Goodness me, what an original topic; let me give that penetrating and original line of questioning my earnest attention...

I can live with that Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »

I can live with that Tongue
I need a picture of a human opening a can of catfood and a sarcastically grinning cat in the background. To caption with "useful idiot is useful".
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »

Useful, if your daughter married a non-Christian, you would not let them sleep over at your house? Did I get that right? You do know, that would entail me having to pay a hotel bill somewhere don't you?  Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »

Given the fact that I don't oppose gay marriage or gay protections under the law, it doesn't carry over into politics so I don't see any reason for them to care.

Interesting; that's an even worse position than I thought you held. You don't oppose them in principle...but would ignore them if your daughter wished to exercise them. You wouldn't attend a civil union/marriage, wouldn't let your daughter's partner stay over. So if they were to visit for say Christmas or Thanksgiving you'd make sure they got a taxi home at the end of the day...

I said that if my daughter told me she were a lesbian I'd think she was going through a phase or trying to get attention, like so many girls do nowadays, and that it would take me a couple years to even believe her.

So in short you wouldn't believe your own daughter; you wouldn't think she knew her own mind. That's very sad actually.

And yes it demonstrates conditional love.

Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »

To me useful idiot isn't useful yet,but i am wondering if me and him could team up and create good debate topics. Brainstorm and stuff.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 03:57:16 PM »

To me useful idiot isn't useful yet,but i am wondering if me and him could team up and create good debate topics. Brainstorm and stuff.

On someone else's board, right?  (crosses fingers)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »

I think useful idiot is a useful and intelligent poster.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »

Given the fact that I don't oppose gay marriage or gay protections under the law, it doesn't carry over into politics so I don't see any reason for them to care.

Interesting; that's an even worse position than I thought you held. You don't oppose them in principle...but would ignore them if your daughter wished to exercise them.

This is stupid. I think lots of things should be legal that I don't wish for my daughter to engage in. I think prostitution should be legalized, but I don't want her turning tricks.

I said that if my daughter told me she were a lesbian I'd think she was going through a phase or trying to get attention, like so many girls do nowadays, and that it would take me a couple years to even believe her.

So in short you wouldn't believe your own daughter; you wouldn't think she knew her own mind. That's very sad actually.

And yes it demonstrates conditional love.

Half the teenage chicks in the U.S. goes through a bi or lesbian phase nowadays, a bi-product of the homosexual agenda. That's what's "very sad"

I love how you're making moral judgements about me and telling me about love, when nobody can do the same to you or other gays, lest they be subject to nasty bitchiness.

I also love how you're even pretending to understand the relationship between a father and his daughter, something you'll never experience. Which brings me to another point, I'm sorry for wanting grandkids, that must make me a terrible person too...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »

Wow, we're like carbon copies. FF
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »

"homosexual agenda"....and what agenda would that be, precisely?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

see : Justin Beiber aka the emasculation of men.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2010, 07:40:38 PM by useful idiot »

The constant media campaign to promote homosexuality as both an identity worthy of special recognition and as a subculture. It leads to the impression that it is an "alternative lifestyle" that one should be thankful for and celebrate, rather than what it is, an inclination to want to have sex with someone of the same gender. This is coupled with the fact that the heterosexual male is constantly under attack, presenting men as animals whose only goal in life is to sleep with as many women as possible and treat them as horribly as they can. Also unfortunate is the glorification of casual female bisexuality through the promotion of the idea that all men think it's hot when chicks have sex with each other. This leads girls to either want to be lesbians, because they think all men are dogs, or to become promiscuous in order to please men because of societal pressure. Neither is a positive development and neither can be separated from the other.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies