Vorlon, why
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Vorlon, why
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vorlon, why  (Read 1365 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2004, 12:23:32 PM »

did you delete jmf's "I've reported" thread? Just when we'd so nicely hijacked it to talk about issues that matter!?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »

did you delete jmf's "I've reported" thread? Just when we'd so nicely hijacked it to talk about issues that matter!?

Sorry... My apologies... Sad

Feel free to restart it if you please... it just seemed a tad off range as it were.. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 12:31:13 PM »

Yes. Football teams that lose all the time BUT ONE DAY MIGHT NOT! AHAHAHA! YES... WE MIGHT NOT HAVE WON ANYTHING SINCE THE '60'S BUT LOOK AT MIDDLESBOROUGH? HAH! AND THEY WON SOMETHING LAST YEAR! YES... ALL IS POSSIBLE! SUNDERLAND WILL BE PROMOTED THIS SEASON. NEXT SEASON WE WILL WIN THE PREMIERSHIP, THE FA CUP, AND THE LEAGUE CUP/WHOEVER IT'S BLOODY SPONSERS ARE NOW.... are far more important than anything else.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 12:38:19 PM »

Yeah, we won the championship exactly once, in 1959.
But we went on to the European Cup Final, first German team to do so. We lost 3-7 AND THAT GAME HAD MORE GOALS THAN SHOTS OFF THE GOAL. AND GETS VOTED INTO LISTS OF TOP TEN GREATEST MATCHES ALL THE TIME! Plus, it was in Hampden Park, and in the semi-finals we'd licked Rangers 6-1 at home and 6-3 in Ibrox. The next year we came back to Glasgow for a friendly with Rangers AND THAT'S STILL A WORLD RECORD FOR CLUB FOOTBALL FRIENDLY MATCH ATTENDANCE! Wink
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 12:40:36 PM »

Yes. Football teams that lose all the time BUT ONE DAY MIGHT NOT! AHAHAHA! YES... WE MIGHT NOT HAVE WON ANYTHING SINCE THE '60'S BUT LOOK AT MIDDLESBOROUGH? HAH! AND THEY WON SOMETHING LAST YEAR! YES... ALL IS POSSIBLE! SUNDERLAND WILL BE PROMOTED THIS SEASON. NEXT SEASON WE WILL WIN THE PREMIERSHIP, THE FA CUP, AND THE LEAGUE CUP/WHOEVER IT'S BLOODY SPONSERS ARE NOW.... are far more important than anything else.

There are plenty of American Football teams who will never win the Super Bowl.  Like Tampa Ba... like New Englan... like the St Louis Ram...

The Cardinals.  The Cardinals will never, ever win the Super Bowl.  You can bank on that.

Also, Coventry City will never (again) win the FA Cup.  They got their one.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 12:44:42 PM »

I love how Nottingham Forest only ever once won the Premiership, but they won the European Cup twice.
Also, Bayer Leverkusen won the UEFA cup the first ever time they took part, in 1987 I think it was, and they haven't won anything since. Or, no, I think they won the German cup once in the early 90s.
That season a few years back when they came second in the Bundesliga, lost the cup final, and lost the Champions League final was coolest. People called them Vicekusen after that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 12:55:12 PM »

I love how Nottingham Forest only ever once won the Premiership, but they won the European Cup twice.

Cloughie :-)
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 07:22:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At least the Cardinals were good once upon a time. Granted it was 1947 the last time they won a title.  That's 27 years after the last World Series by the Red Sox...oh wait.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 08:00:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At least the Cardinals were good once upon a time. Granted it was 1947 the last time they won a title.  That's 27 years after the last World Series by the Red Sox...oh wait.

It took the Philadelphia Phillies 104 years to get their first, although the Cubs are now at 96 years and counting...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies