Foriegn Policy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:11:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Foriegn Policy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Foriegn Policy  (Read 6011 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:26 AM »

War should be a last option.
WillK

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

WOW The nation who has the worse human rights record in the middle east. Really? what about the female rights there, and there are unjust executions there, the persecutions of gays? Why arent you wanting to go to war there?

Because he has no actual guiding principles.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:02 AM »

WOW The nation who has the worse human rights record in the middle east. Really? what about the female rights there, and there are unjust executions there, the persecutions of gays? Why arent you wanting to go to war there?

Because he has no actual guiding principles.

Except for voting the party line.
cpeeks
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:07 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2010, 12:34:27 PM by cpeeks »

Both of yall are so right he talks out of both sides of his mouth, and does tow the party line and that would be fine if the GOP was actually conservative like he claims to be but there not. He's neo-con.
And really Derek war should be a last option, it was Bush's first option in Iraq. Didnt 15 of the 19 hijackers come from Saudia Arabia?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »

Both of yall are so right he talks out of both sides of his mouth, and does tow the party line and that would be fine if the GOP was actually conservative like he claims to be but there not. He's neo-con.
And really Derek war should be a last option, it was Bush's first option in Iraq. Didnt 15 of the 19 hijackers come from Saudia Arabia?

Bush allowed for the UN weapons inspectors to come in. I thought you served in Iraq, don't you remember this? Don't you remember Bush asking the UN to help and they refused. It's because of the UN that it came to war. What's one post where I've called the GOP as being true conservatives? I'm a tea partier and proud of it too. I don't think it was quite 15, but just because someone comes from a certain country doesn't mean everyone is like that there. You are stereotyping and offensive.
cpeeks
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »

Nope it was 15, and ya thats such a good arguement like most of yours the Saudi's had nothing to do with, btw where was Bin Laden from? what were the only two nations that recognized the taliban? And no the U.N. had weapons inspectors in there who were begging for more time and the your hero came on tv ordering them leave. I mean Jesus Christ we were building up while the inspectors were there. His intentions were to go to war. They told us that in a meeting a year before it started that we were going to war!
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

Nope it was 15, and ya thats such a good arguement like most of yours the Saudi's had nothing to do with, btw where was Bin Laden from? what were the only two nations that recognized the taliban? And no the U.N. had weapons inspectors in there who were begging for more time and the your hero came on tv ordering them leave. I mean Jesus Christ we were building up while the inspectors were there. His intentions were to go to war. They told us that in a meeting a year before it started that we were going to war!

He was preparing in case he had to. The weapons inspectors were worthless and we've found weapons since.
cpeeks
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

OMG NO WEAPONS HAVE EVER BEEN FOUND!!!!! JESUS I REMEMBER READING IN A BOOK WHEN HE HAD A MEETING WITH HIS TOP LEVEL COMMANDEERS THAT WERENT ANY WEAPONS AND THEY WERE SHOCKED BECAUSE THEY WERE COUNTING ON THEM TO FIGHT. MY GOD REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? BUSH WOULD HAVE BEEN ON TV SCREAMING TO THE HIGH HEAVENS ABOUT HOW HE WAS RIGHT. NO WEAPONS WERE EVER FOUND!!!!!!!REEALLLLLLY!!!!!!!!!!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Me.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, and no.  I'm a Scott Brown Democrat.  I would vote for a moderate Republican over a far-lefter any day.

As for the Saudis, not much to say that hasn't already been covered.  It's nice to know you support a nation with a king with absolute power over a democratic government.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

OMG NO WEAPONS HAVE EVER BEEN FOUND!!!!! JESUS I REMEMBER READING IN A BOOK WHEN HE HAD A MEETING WITH HIS TOP LEVEL COMMANDEERS THAT WERENT ANY WEAPONS AND THEY WERE SHOCKED BECAUSE THEY WERE COUNTING ON THEM TO FIGHT. MY GOD REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? BUSH WOULD HAVE BEEN ON TV SCREAMING TO THE HIGH HEAVENS ABOUT HOW HE WAS RIGHT. NO WEAPONS WERE EVER FOUND!!!!!!!REEALLLLLLY!!!!!!!!!!

Bush was much more of a gentleman than that.
cpeeks
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 08:25:30 PM »

Gentleman was the last thing he was.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »

He was a southern gentleman and did what he thought was right. Even though most ppl disapproved of him at the end I think they still admired that in him.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:12 PM »

He was a southern gentleman and did what he thought was right. Even though most ppl disapproved of him at the end I think they still admired that in him.

lol I don't respect a man for causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.  Retract the lol, it's nothing to laugh about.

George W. Bush has the blood of anywhere from 95,888 to 1,033,000 people on his hands.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »

lol I don't respect a man for causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.  Retract the lol, it's nothing to laugh about.

George W. Bush has the blood of anywhere from 95,888 to 1,033,000 people on his hands.

Is your name Michael Moore?
cpeeks
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »

LOL Southern Gentleman? Really? He's from Conneticut.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2010, 05:29:22 PM »

He was born in Connecticut, but he's still got a Southern accent and he's lived in Texas most of his life.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2010, 11:13:26 PM »

He was born in Connecticut, but he's still got a Southern accent and he's lived in Texas most of his life.

That and he governed the state.
cpeeks
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »

That doesnt make him a southerner, it makes him a carpet bagger. His family moved south to get rich. And he was educated up north, by elitist, Nah just talking with a drawl dont make southerner
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »

That doesnt make him a southerner, it makes him a carpet bagger. His family moved south to get rich. And he was educated up north, by elitist, Nah just talking with a drawl dont make southerner

Those carpetbaggers can be quite offensive. In fact I've thought of moving to places to get elected but I don't think I have the patience. Bush fits in culturally with the south and that makes him a southerner. I myself am a southerner at heart. Ya'll come back now hear.
cpeeks
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »

He was raised by Northeastern elitist, no sir. I hate to quote Obama but if you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig. Bush is not a southernor. And no Derek you just stay up north, cause us southernors still dont like or trust yankees that much. LOL the first time you talk down here with that accent the first thing thats gonna be asked it  " you aint from around here, are ya boy?"
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2010, 01:46:20 AM »

He was raised by Northeastern elitist, no sir. I hate to quote Obama but if you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig. Bush is not a southernor. And no Derek you just stay up north, cause us southernors still dont like or trust yankees that much. LOL the first time you talk down here with that accent the first thing thats gonna be asked it  " you aint from around here, are ya boy?"

I have the accent and have lived in the south.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:58 AM »

Bush is neither a Southerner nor a Yank. He is an opportunistic internationalist with no true roots.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »

21. Avoid meeting with dictators and terrorists.

You know that's a core of U.S. foreign policy?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2010, 02:06:56 AM »

21. Avoid meeting with dictators and terrorists.

You know that's a core of U.S. foreign policy?

It should be too.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2010, 02:07:33 AM »

I like this thread and am glad to contribute to the intellectual side of people too. I'm stating my views not necessarily complete change.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies