If another great depression happened within in this decade.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:22:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If another great depression happened within in this decade.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: If another great depression happened within in this decade.  (Read 6450 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2010, 11:12:30 PM »

I have all throughout this thread.

Obama is missing major tenets of fascism.  To summarize:

1. He is not a nationalist (at least not a nationalist by definition that fits with fascist nationalism).
2. While he has increased government intervention into the economy, he has not done so to a level that a genuinely fascist government would.
3. He certainly doesn't exhibit any of the racial/ethnic tenets of fascism.
4. He lacks the characteristics that a fascist would exhibit on social issues.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »

Obama is missing major tenets of fascism.  To summarize:

1. He is not a nationalist (at least not a nationalist by definition that fits with fascist nationalism).
2. While he has increased government intervention into the economy, he has not done so to a level that a genuinely fascist government would.

Both of these issues have been dealt with repeatedly...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
There are none. Hitlerism is not synonymous with fascism.

Um, what? Be specific.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

Obama is missing major tenets of fascism.  To summarize:

Both of these issues have been dealt with repeatedly...
I beg to differ, but it's clear I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise.  You're using a definition of nationalism that is legitimate in some circumstances, but is not a definition of nationalism that can be tied with fascism in a logical manner.

There are none. Hitlerism is not synonymous with fascism.[/quote]
You mean Nazism?  And yes, most people agree that one of the tenets of fascism is tied to racism/ethnicism.

Um, what? Be specific.
[/quote]
Earlier you said he exhibits social issue characteristics of fascism, but never elaborated.  You're arguing he's a fascist... the burden of proof is on you here.  But to name a couple would be homophobia and a tendency to outlaw abortion.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »

You mean Nazism?  And yes, most people agree that one of the tenets of fascism is tied to racism/ethnicism.
Except it isn't. Mussolini only implemented racial laws (and dumped his Jewish mistress) after getting involved with Hitler and the latter's personal issues. Other fascist states never had such racial or ethnic discrimination.

Those aren't fundamental to fascism. Nazi Germany was big on abortion, as long as it was for non-Aryans.

The fundamental economic and social policies that I mentioned earlier are, as is the philosophy on government shared by Obama, Mussolini, and Hitler.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »

Call Obama whatever, he is dangerous.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »

Except it isn't. Mussolini only implemented racial laws (and dumped his Jewish mistress) after getting involved with Hitler and the latter's personal issues. Other fascist states never had such racial or ethnic discrimination.
Those aren't fundamental to fascism. Nazi Germany was big on abortion, as long as it was for non-Aryans.

The fundamental economic and social policies that I mentioned earlier are, as is the philosophy on government shared by Obama, Mussolini, and Hitler.

Nazi Germany was big on abortion for non-Aryans due to the tenet of racism.  For Aryans, it was mostly outlawed.

You never mentioned any social policies...  What social policies of Obama's are fascist?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2010, 11:41:42 PM »

You mean Nazism?  And yes, most people agree that one of the tenets of fascism is tied to racism/ethnicism.

Nazi Germany was big on abortion for non-Aryans due to the tenet of racism.  For Aryans, it was mostly outlawed.

You never mentioned any social policies...  What social policies of Obama's are fascist?

Healthcare, for example.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »

You cited healthcare as an example of his economic takever... not a social issue.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2010, 11:45:21 PM »

health care was the end of America. That's why I posted R.I.P. America on my facebook that night.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2010, 11:54:32 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

Earlier you said he exhibits social issue characteristics of fascism, but never elaborated.  You're arguing he's a fascist... the burden of proof is on you here.  But to name a couple would be homophobia and a tendency to outlaw abortion.

Get a clue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_germany#Health

You never mentioned any social policies...  What social policies of Obama's are fascist?
Healthcare, for example.

I was itching for you to bring up healthcare for two reasons:

One, because it's plainly absurd on the face of it. National healthcare was never a fascist idea, since that's like saying a smoking ban is a fascist idea, since because Nazi Germany loathed smoking, we're nazis for supporting smoking bans. This is again just plain child-like logic.

The second, because it ties directly into what I was mentioning earlier about intent of the action vs. the action.

Government action in the healthcare sector in Germany was done for the sake of control and keeping Jews out of the health business. Germany did this alot when it came to their action, in fact, much of their direct involvement had a decidedly racist bent for obvious reasons. They made efforts to keep Jews out of universities, to keep them out of the workplace, and to keep them out of medicine.

You see, this is the point you missed earlier and it continues to fly right over the top of your head. Government action in the healthcare sector =/= Fascist. It is the intent of that action that defines the ideology at use. Government action in the healthcare sector to control for the purpose of excluding target demographics can not be equated simply to "any government action into the healthcare sector."

The fact that you cannot see beyond the very surface of the surface on these things is absolutely astounding.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »

Earlier you said he exhibits social issue characteristics of fascism, but never elaborated.  You're arguing he's a fascist... the burden of proof is on you here.  But to name a couple would be homophobia and a tendency to outlaw abortion.

Get a clue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_germany#Health

Healthcare, for example.

I was itching for you to bring up healthcare for two reasons:

One, because it's plainly absurd on the face of it. National healthcare was never a fascist idea, since that's like saying a smoking ban is a fascist idea, since because Nazi Germany loathed smoking, we're nazis for supporting smoking bans. This is again just plain child-like logic.

The second, because it ties directly into what I was mentioning earlier about intent of the action vs. the action.

Government action in the healthcare sector in Germany was done for the sake of control and keeping Jews out of the health business. Germany did this alot when it came to their action, in fact, much of their direct involvement had a decidedly racist bent for obvious reasons. They made efforts to keep Jews out of universities, to keep them out of the workplace, and to keep them out of medicine.

You see, this is the point you missed earlier and it continues to fly right over the top of your head. Government action in the healthcare sector =/= Fascist. It is the intent of that action that defines the ideology at use. Government action in the healthcare sector to control for the purpose of excluding target demographics can not be equated simply to "any government action into the healthcare sector."

The fact that you cannot see beyond the absolute surface of the surface on these things is absolutely astounding.

No but it's fascist like. As for intention. The only beneficiaries of the health care bill were the members of congress. They get better deals than we do out of it. You can go ahead and love Obama telling you what plans you can and can't purchase and how much you ought to pay for them. I prefer to go my way and Obama to go his.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »

You cited healthcare as an example of his economic takever... not a social issue.

Healthcare is an example of what I meant by social policy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:04 PM »

No but it's fascist like. As for intention. The only beneficiaries of the health care bill were the members of congress. They get better deals than we do out of it. You can go ahead and love Obama telling you what plans you can and can't purchase and how much you ought to pay for them. I prefer to go my way and Obama to go his.

That's not fascism.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:44 PM »

How so?  Elaborate on how Obama's health care policy matches up with fascist social policies.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »

No, but it's a social policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_policy#Types_of_social_policy
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

How so?  Elaborate on how Obama's health care policy matches up with fascist social policies.

It is the government dictating what happens in privately owned enterprise and that is a reflection of fascism. And no taxes aren't a form of fascism. You do realize that rationing is in the bill. The politicians will decide who lives and dies and they will base their decisions on political calculations.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »

Well, it depends on the reasoning behind it.  Abortion can be an economic or social policy.  In fact, most issues have some crossover into both sectors.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »

It is the government dictating what happens in privately owned enterprise and that is a reflection of fascism. And no taxes aren't a form of fascism. You do realize that rationing is in the bill. The politicians will decide who lives and dies and they will base their decisions on political calculations.

There is more to fascism than economic policy!  That's what you and Libertas aren't understanding.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

There is more to fascism than economic policy!  That's what you and Libertas aren't understanding.

The core of fascism IS economic policy. You can have fascism without a lot of the peripheral things someone like Hitler tacked on, but you can't have it without the fundamental economic principles that underlie the ideology.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2010, 12:04:30 AM »

But the economic actions take by fascist governments such as Nazi Germany were almost entirely taken for very specific reasons which you are not understanding.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »

But just because somebody has some economic principles that match up with fascism DOES NOT mean that they are fascist!  You need more than just economics!

And you have not explained how Obama's health care reform is a fascist social policy.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »

But just because somebody has some economic principles that match up with fascism DOES NOT mean that they are fascist!  You need more than just economics!

And you have not explained how Obama's health care reform is a fascist social policy.

It's also worth noting that alot of the economic action was taken because of the social views of Nazi Germany. The inherently racist bent to Hitler's Germany influenced their efforts in education, in the workplace, and in health. Failing to take this into account when talking about what action they did take in the economy is frustrating me beyond belief.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2010, 12:08:16 AM »

It's also worth noting that alot of the economic action was taken because of the social views of Nazi Germany. The inherently racist bent to Hitler's Germany influenced their efforts in education, in the workplace, and in health. Failing to take this into account when talking about what action they did take in the economy is frustrating me beyond belief.

And that's why racism/ethnicism is a CORE tenet of fascism - which is what I've been saying since the beginning.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2010, 12:10:29 AM »

Once again, private ownership, public control. The government has maintained the illusion of having a "free market" while in fact people will soon be compelled to purchase insurance from a few politically connected corporations. ObamaCare was an expansion of what was essentially already a fascist0esque healthcare system we have had in this country since the introduction of HMOs and managed care under that sh**tbag Nixon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:48 AM »

But just because somebody has some economic principles that match up with fascism DOES NOT mean that they are fascist!  You need more than just economics!

Once again, private ownership, public control. The government has maintained the illusion of having a "free market" while in fact people will soon be compelled to purchase insurance from a few politically connected corporations. ObamaCare was an expansion of what was essentially already a fascist0esque healthcare system we have had in this country since the introduction of HMOs and managed care under that sh**tbag Nixon.

That's an economic issue!  You have yet to say how this is a social issue, and you have yet to give any evidence that Obama has the social issue tendencies of a fascist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies