Have the polls driven you insane?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Have the polls driven you insane?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have the polls made you insane?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Have the polls driven you insane?  (Read 2571 times)
DanimalBr

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2004, 09:17:25 PM »

In light of the new gallup poll, this thread had to be done. 
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 09:20:40 PM »

You seem to be implying that we were not insane before.  We could be doing damn near anything we want.  We could be at a bar, or playing the most advanced video games in the world.  We have televisions with hundreds of channels.  Instead we sit here and talk politics.

We could be out with women.  Instead we sit here and tease Shira.

Driven us insane?  We started long past insanity.  If anything we have come out the other end of insanity and are quite normal again.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 09:22:20 PM »

LOL
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 09:31:07 PM »

As of the Gallup dump (which is what it was), yes.
DanimalBr

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 09:31:42 PM »

You seem to be implying that we were not insane before.  We could be doing damn near anything we want.  We could be at a bar, or playing the most advanced video games in the world.  We have televisions with hundreds of channels.  Instead we sit here and talk politics.

Driven us insane?  We started long past insanity.  If anything we have come out the other end of insanity and are quite normal again.

LOL

Setting: A cafe. All the customers are Vikings. Mr. and Mrs. bun enter -
downwards (on wires).

Mr. Bun (Eric Idle): Morning.

Waitress (Terry Jones): Morning.

Mr. Bun: What have you got, then?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg, sausage, and bacon; egg and POLLS; egg, bacon, and POLLS; egg, bacon, sausage and POLLS; POLLS, bacon, sausage, and POLLS; POLLS, egg, POLLS, POLLS, bacon, and POLLS; POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, egg, and POLLS; POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, baked beans, POLL, POLLS, POLLS, and POLLS; or lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pate, brandy, and a fried egg on top and POLLS.

Mrs. Bun (Graham Chapman): Have you got anything without POLLS in it?

Waitress: Well, there's POLLS, egg, sausage, and POLLS. That's not got MUCH POLLS in it.

Mrs. Bun: I don't want _any_ POLLS.

Mr. Bun: Why can't she have egg, bacon, POLLS, and sausage?

Mrs. Bun: That's got POLLS in it!

Mr. Bun: Not as much as POLLS, egg, sausage, and POLLS.

Mrs. Bun: Look, could I have egg, bacon, POLLS, and sausage without the POLLS?

Waitress: Uuuuuuuuugggggh!

Mrs. Bun: What d'you mean uuugggh!? I don't like POLLS.

Vikings: (singing) POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, POLLS. POLLS, POLLS, POLLS, POLLS... Lovely POLLS,wonderful POLLS.... (Brief shot of Viking ship)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 10:46:55 PM »

I'm playing video games and talking politics at the same time, myself.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 10:50:20 PM »

I almost went insane after the Canadian polls were off by about 5% or more on June 28th. I eventually resigned myself to the American polls. Now they have driven me insane. I never want to see another damn poll again. Polling should be banned. All pollsters are evil.

ARRGGHH!!! And then their is the damn British Election next year. Inevitably, I'll watch those damn polls to see who will run the mother country. And they'll probably be wrong too. Thankfull, then I can safely ignore polls until the Canadian government falls. Hopefully that won't be for years. I HATE POLLS!!!!
shankbear

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 10:50:39 PM »

I resemble that remark!!!!
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 10:52:41 PM »

And then there are those of us who play video games about politics....

I had better damn well become an MP later in life, or I'm really going to consider 2004 a complete and total waste of my life.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 10:53:14 PM »

Gwuahuuuuuuuuhhhh!  <smacks self hard on head>  Shut up, you voices!

Ahem....

Why no, the polls haven't driven me insane.  <twitch>

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 10:58:37 PM »

I almost went insane after the Canadian polls were off by about 5% or more on June 28th. I eventually resigned myself to the American polls. Now they have driven me insane. I never want to see another damn poll again. Polling should be banned. All pollsters are evil.

ARRGGHH!!! And then their is the damn British Election next year. Inevitably, I'll watch those damn polls to see who will run the mother country. And they'll probably be wrong too. Thankfull, then I can safely ignore polls until the Canadian government falls. Hopefully that won't be for years. I HATE POLLS!!!!

Yeah, I remember that.  They predicted that Harper would almost win or would actually win and then Martin won by almost 40 seats.

*mutter mutter* incompetent pollsters...
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 10:59:29 PM »

A recent Gallup poll indicates that none of the voices in my head think I'm insane.

(A survey of 100 likely voices was conducted by Gallup from October 5th-8th, 16th-21st, and 31st.  Margin of error +/- 4.5 voices)
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 11:11:08 PM »

Yeah, I remember that.  They predicted that Harper would almost win or would actually win and then Martin won by almost 40 seats.

*mutter mutter* incompetent pollsters...

Yep. My family and I watched CBC stunned that it wasn't even close.  I actually accepted their explanation that their was a last minute Liberal surge. (Which, BTW, didn't touch my riding, as a popular incumbant Liberal Cabinet minister was defeated by a nobody Conservative).

Now that at least half of all pollsters are going to be wrong on Tuesday, I think I've given up any remaining trust I had in the polling industry.

The two biggest pieces of bolonga: Seat Projection Models, and Likely Voter Screens.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 11:15:41 PM »

A recent Gallup poll indicates that none of the voices in my head think I'm insane.

(A survey of 100 likely voices was conducted by Gallup from October 5th-8th, 16th-21st, and 31st.  Margin of error +/- 4.5 voices)

Must be some aggressive likely voice screen. Zogby has 25% of registered voices thinking you are insane. But that's with last election's insanity level. Reweighting it gives you an insanity level around 67%.
alcaeus
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 03:16:45 PM »

By the looks of this only the Republicans on this site are going insane from the polls.
DFLofMN
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 05:19:11 PM »

By the looks of this only the Republicans on this site are going insane from the polls.

Still it seems at least crazy.  just plain crazy.  everyone may have egg on their face and eating LOTS of humble pie tomorrow night (pollsters that is)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies