Cheese
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:06:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Cheese
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Do you like it?  What's your favorite kind?
Yes, I like it, and I'd happily specify my favorite kind

No, I don't like it, cuz I hate America and puppies and babies.

I'm lactose intolerant because I am cursed and suck at life in general

I have an infection that smells like cheese.  Does that count?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 7826 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »

Juusto, of course. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »

Option three. Can't do the whole cholesterol thing, which meant I cut out dairy, which meant I have now developed a lactose intolerance. Boo.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

Yes, States, I love farmer's cheese.  There are few cheeses I don't like.. though I'd have to say cottage cheese is one of my least favorites (though I still enjoy it from time to time with lots of pepper on it).

One of my favorite meals is sliced fresh mozzarella with sliced ripe tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil and good balsamic vinegar (the older the better... I bought some stuff that was aged 15 years.. it's soooo frickin good).

But I love to just break chunks off of a parmesan cheese block and eat it plain.  And while I love blue cheese on just about anything.. I won't go to the extremes that my brother will and just eat blue cheese crumbles with a fork.

Another great use for cheese:  Use milk instead of water in your campbells tomato soup and add a slice of American processed cheese food... it makes it delicious.

The best American cheese is Land O'Lakes fresh sliced from the deli, creamy and awesome.

I'm surprised they have Land o Lakes down there!  I figured it was just a Minnesota thing.  

I guess I've never really even seen anything Land O Lakes in the deli.  The deli cheese here tends to be a little higher on the quality scale than processed American.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »

The best American cheese is Land O'Lakes fresh sliced from the deli, creamy and awesome.
I'm surprised they have Land o Lakes down there!  I figured it was just a Minnesota thing.  

I guess I've never really even seen anything Land O Lakes in the deli.  The deli cheese here tends to be a little higher on the quality scale than processed American.

Same here!  I hate American cheese unless it's Land O' Lakes.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »

The best thing for grilled cheese is Velveeta.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »

Velveeta isn't cheese.  It's oddly flavored salad dressing.

Oh and this thread caused me to make Mac & Cheese for dinner tonight for the first time in years. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34:49 AM »

Yes, States, I love farmer's cheese.  There are few cheeses I don't like.. though I'd have to say cottage cheese is one of my least favorites (though I still enjoy it from time to time with lots of pepper on it).

One of my favorite meals is sliced fresh mozzarella with sliced ripe tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil and good balsamic vinegar (the older the better... I bought some stuff that was aged 15 years.. it's soooo frickin good).

But I love to just break chunks off of a parmesan cheese block and eat it plain.  And while I love blue cheese on just about anything.. I won't go to the extremes that my brother will and just eat blue cheese crumbles with a fork.

Another great use for cheese:  Use milk instead of water in your campbells tomato soup and add a slice of American processed cheese food... it makes it delicious.

It's not processed American. It's better then Boars Head. Processed American is Velvetta or that crap you get from the little plastic sleeves.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43:18 AM »

I like it obviously (not a prude).

My favorite is the Stilton/Limburger stinky cheese genre, with a close runner up being the Brie/Camembere soft type cheeses.  I'm far from an expert.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »

Velveeta isn't cheese.  It's oddly flavored salad dressing.

Oh, trust me - I don't consider that stuff "cheese", but it's still great for grilled cheese (that's about it - they make good Mac and Cheese though - mix that with a can of chili - that's pretty good).
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

Cheese?

Well, yes, of course. And of course with some fresh bread and, unless this is a kind you directly spread on bread, with some fresh butter.

A good Cantal is something, but hard to find a good one, along with a lot of other good cheeses.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

Oh yeah.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »

Sharp cheeses like Asiago, or even Parmesan I will absolutely kill for, though anything will do (that isnt Swiss)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »

I love hard cheeses, like Asiago, but softer cheeses like Jack and Muenster are good too. I loathe some cheeses however, including really soft cheeses as well as pasteurized-process-American-cheese-food or whatever it's called, which shouldn't even be considered cheese at all.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »

I love cheese. I usually end up eating generic kinds like "Yellow American" (I prefer my cheese to be orange, even if it is just a dye that they add). The only popular kind I don't like is Swiss. I like how you can add cheese to something and it instantly becomes edible. I don't like plain chicken cutlet, but if I add a piece of cheese and a lot of tomato sauce to it, then I love it.

Of the few European cheeses I've tried, I like Butterkase, Havarti and Brie. Although the last one is good you can't eat parts of it and its expensive, so I don't like buying it just to throw some out.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »

By the way, just a question to European members - can you all still get real cheese or is pasturization required?  I don't believe I have ever had any cheese as it should be/was intended.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »

Of the few European cheeses I've tried, I like Butterkase, Havarti and Brie. Although the last one is good you can't eat parts of it and its expensive, so I don't like buying it just to throw some out.

Huh

Brie precisely is a cheese you have to eat...everything, which isn't the case of a lot of cheeses in France, at least if you care about your palate comfort.

By the way, just a question to European members - can you all still get real cheese or is pasturization required?  I don't believe I have ever had any cheese as it should be/was intended.

I know EU is fighting a lot to pasteurize everything, and it makes 'big' issues by French cheese makers, because it goes against traditions that made 'the greatness of cheeses' stuffs like that, EU hasn't won the fight yet, but it progresses more and more. There has been a big fight around Camembert lately in France about it, they won that some Camembert could still be called Camembert even if pasteurized, which for traditional French cheese makers/knowers/lovers is a kind of heresy, the association for the AOC label of Camembert, AOC being a label which in France guarantees a territorial provenance but also most of the time the respect of some traditions, refused to give their label to those who use pasteurized milk, but industrials who product most of the Camembert (90%) didn't care, they preferred losing the label and using pasteurized milk, and even if they say it's in the name 'alimentary safety', it's also cheaper to produce pasteurized. Grin
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:29 AM »

Huh

Brie precisely is a cheese you have to eat...everything, which isn't the case of a lot of cheeses in France, at least if you care about your palate comfort.

The top layer seems inedible. The middle is the best.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »

I love hard cheeses, like Asiago, but softer cheeses like Jack and Muenster are good too. I loathe some cheeses however, including really soft cheeses as well as pasteurized-process-American-cheese-food or whatever it's called, which shouldn't even be considered cheese at all.

It's not considered cheese.  The FDA makes them call it "cheese food" or "cheese product" because it doesn't fit the legal definition of cheese.  Smiley

About brie.. the casing is disgusting... bitter and kinda musty tasting.. that's because it's mold.  I prefer to cut the casing off and just kinda spread the brie on good bread or a cracker.  Then it's delicious and almost like butter.

As States mentioned... I also love farmer's cheese on crackers. 
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:41 PM »

I prefer to cut the casing off and just kinda spread the brie on good bread or a cracker.  Then it's delicious and almost like butter.

That is called une hérésie.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »

It's not considered cheese.  The FDA makes them call it "cheese food" or "cheese product" because it doesn't fit the legal definition of cheese.  Smiley 

Well, that's good, but most people still think of it as cheese anyway.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:21 PM »

Cheese whiz and velvetta aren't cheese but th block american you get sliced at the deli is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

Cheese whiz and velvetta aren't cheese but th block american you get sliced at the deli is.

"Cheese" in a can is just a disgusting concept to begin with.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2010, 09:47:52 AM »

Excellent timing. I just got back from Wisconsin. Cheese is pretty amazing, like most high fat foods.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »

I know - it's an utterly disgusting concept, isn't it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies