Is The Extent of U.S. Support for Israel Absurd?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:56:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is The Extent of U.S. Support for Israel Absurd?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Is The Extent of U.S. Support for Israel Absurd?  (Read 9770 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »

Eh.  If a Palestine had been born 20 years ago it'd have been on secular Arab nationalist grounds (probably similar to Syria or old Iraq).
Two shining beacons on the hill there is no doubt. Wink

No thanks, I'll keep Israel.  The Palestinians are free to make a couple of new countries out of the land they do have.  Yes two.  There is no reason the reasonable people of the West Bank need to have the anchor that is Gaza tied around their necks.

The problem with that is that something needs to be done with Gaza, and because of current Israeli (and Egyptian) policy, Gaza is completely unfeasible as a state.
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

I think a Secular country is completely possible.  Unless you think that America is broken and should become a Jewish State, or Christian State, or Catholic State, etc.  I'm sure it would make people in those religions happy. 

Nothing is perfect, but to practice religious favoritism and theocracy, even though the majority people in the area are not that religion is wrong.  I don't believe in religious favoritism or discrimination and I won't support any organization that does.  I don't think any American should and I don't think any American should put his/her religion above country.

I don't know what the definition of Zionism is?  Does it mean a Jewish-state that discriminates against other religions?  Does it mean a Jewish-State in Jerusalem only or in other parts of Israel/Palestine?  Can a Jewish state be one city or does its borders change and expand?

That's nice and all, but if the nation of Israel was to go away it would most certainly be replaced by a govt that is MUCH more tied to a religion, just a different one.  Wishing all govts be secular is nice and all, but doesn't really change the facts on the ground.  You've heard of the people in charge of Gaza right?  But, one could argue, it won't necessarily be Hamas that takes over...maybe it would be a friendly govt like Egypt.  Ya know, the country that just released a guy that's been in prison for four years (and beaten, but that goes without saying) for "insulting" Islam.  link

I could go around the region finding stories like this, but I just remembered how these discussions always go.  It doesn't matter what information is put up, the anti-Zionists know they are right and know nothing is more important than getting rid of the state of Israel.  So I'll not waste any more of my time.
Xandal
Rookie
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »

Its really insane how Americans have this fetish for Israel. All these Faux Christian evangelical whackjobs who litterally worship Israel and all the corrupt politicians taking bribes from the Israeli Lobby. And we wonder why the Arab world hates us so much.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »

Its really insane how Americans have this fetish for Israel. All these Faux Christian evangelical whackjobs who litterally worship Israel and all the corrupt politicians taking bribes from the Israeli Lobby. And we wonder why the Arab world hates us so much.

Let's just let decades of peace talks and negotiations go to waste then.  If Israel was destroyed today the Middle east would be an even bigger mess.  If you want a giant middle east power vacuum feel free to uphold your opinion.  Sure, perhaps some of the funds we give them should be scrutinized but, it can't be eliminated immediately.  The Arab world would hate us anyway, even if we didn't support Israel.  The radicals that control a lot of the Middle East hate the freedoms of expression and religion we have.  Maybe we should stop trying to please people that are impossible to please without drastically changing the foundation of our society. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

Maybe we should stop trying to please people that are impossible to please without drastically changing the foundation of our society. 

That's a rather succinct argument as to why the United States should stop giving Israel a blank check, especially with our own budget the way it is.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »

The demographic trends will slowly but surely turn Israel into a Sunni Arab Levantine society anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies