JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Author Topic: JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted  (Read 31049 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »

This probably isn't a good place to ask, but what the hell:

Could anyone explain to me the timing of the various elections we have here? I'd imagine it's organised so that we have something to do ever couple of months, but I'm not sure about the length of the terms since I'm fairly new to the whole Atlasia thing.

My vague understanding is that the Presidential elections are held every three/four months with Senate and state elections on a rotating basis every couple of months, but I dunno.

[/thinly disguised Senatorial ambitions Tongue]

You're not alone in your confusion. I've been doing this for about a year, run in 4 regional and national elections, and so far the best I can figure is to watch the Voting Booth thread to know when to vote.

IMHO, Atlasia could really use a stickied thread listing the upcoming regional and national election dates for the coming year, plus a list of declared candidates for each office.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »

This probably isn't a good place to ask, but what the hell:

Could anyone explain to me the timing of the various elections we have here? I'd imagine it's organised so that we have something to do ever couple of months, but I'm not sure about the length of the terms since I'm fairly new to the whole Atlasia thing.

My vague understanding is that the Presidential elections are held every three/four months with Senate and state elections on a rotating basis every couple of months, but I dunno.

You're not alone in your confusion. I've been doing this for about a year, run in 4 regional and national elections, and so far the best I can figure is to watch the Voting Booth thread to know when to vote.

IMHO, Atlasia could really use a stickied thread listing the upcoming regional and national election dates for the coming year, plus a list of declared candidates for each office.

Exactly. I think there's possibly regional Senate elections this month, and the Presidential, but I'm going largely by the campaign threads.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

Angry

That's not fair. I'm here for almost a year and I'm just some Lt. Governor Cry
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »

Angry

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'd be a favourite candidate for the party's endorsment, as opposed to me. Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »

Angry

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'd be a favourite candidate for the party's endorsment, as opposed to me. Smiley

No, I'd go with you pretty easily.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

Angry

You're better off. Pacific is easy.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »

(sigh) No one has bothered to answer Oakvale's question.

Federal elections are held every two months, Oakvale.  The President and regional Senators are elected in February, June, and October.  The at-large Senators are elected in April, August, and December.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:05 AM »

So when do we vote on endorsements (BTW, we're still in time to change the party's name, if anyone still cares) ?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »

(sigh) No one has bothered to answer Oakvale's question.

Federal elections are held every two months, Oakvale.  The President and regional Senators are elected in February, June, and October.  The at-large Senators are elected in April, August, and December.

Thanks. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »

So when do we vote on endorsements (BTW, we're still in time to change the party's name, if anyone still cares) ?

Every time we tried to change the name, it went to nothing, so I don't care anymore Smiley
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »

Name Change Tongue:

Our name is a very good trademark in Atlasia. Only idiots would change a good trademark. Jesus Christ Party is not my favorite name, but it is funny (It is still a game here) and important is not the name, important for what kind of politics we stand. We are the biggest progressive party in Atlasia, no we are the only progressive Party in Atlasia and a name change can't make it better. A dog is a dog, even if you call him Cat.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »

Every time we tried to change the name, it went to nothing, so I don't care anymore Smiley

^^^^ this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

^^^^ this.

Hans has made very valid point, btw. Trademark name we may not find perfect, but it's a trademark. Do we really want to become another desperate RPP, which changes it's name on weekly basis? Wink
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »

Is it possible for a member from another party to caucus with you guys? (I'm in the DA, considering moving to the JCP, but I decided to keep my party affiliation. /lieberman

Seriously though, I'm pretty new here and I don't know that much about the Atlasia thing (besides the location of the parties on the Political spectrum)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:36 AM »

Is it possible for a member from another party to caucus with you guys? (I'm in the DA, considering moving to the JCP, but I decided to keep my party affiliation. /lieberman

Seriously though, I'm pretty new here and I don't know that much about the Atlasia thing (besides the location of the parties on the Political spectrum)

You have to be a member to vote in the convention & party matters.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »

Join us!  Join us!  Cheesy
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »

Join us!  Join us!  Cheesy

^^^^ this. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »

Is there a by-law that states the party must endorse party members first?  If so, I would like to move that be changed.  My specific concern is the Southeast Senate race.

Speaking of endorsements, shouldn't we get busy voting on those?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »

Is there a by-law that states the party must endorse party members first?  If so, I would like to move that be changed.  My specific concern is the Southeast Senate race.

Speaking of endorsements, shouldn't we get busy voting on those?

I don't know how it works, remember that during convention last year there was a vote if to endorse Yankee or Gporter (in other cases all JCP-ers get top preferences automatically).

Btw, we can just expell him and get rid of that troll problem Tongue
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

*cough*
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »

Anyway, I hope you all realize that onvention is hopelessly anemic and boring.

Let's do something Angry
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »

I'll start endorsement voting tomorrow. It doesn't look like we have any other proposals to vote on, which I suppose is fine.

I notice we have candidates in all five regions! Cool. I think gporter is still technically a member of the JCP, at least. Wink
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »

Well, It's time for endorsement voting.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »

I don't suppose there is a pre-made ballot anywhere that includes Senate races? Grin
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

JCPers, fellow Atlasians and friends:

I stand before you on the eve of your endorsement vote for the presidency to ask that you lend myself and Marokai your first preference vote.

In the past I have rubbed sharp elbows with many of you and some of my policies may be more or less favorable to some in the party. Nevertheless, I ask that you not let my personality and my proposals stand in the way of what Marokai and I have to offer to the game. We are active and engaged citizens with one of the widest ranges of experience for a presidential ticket in Atlasian history. Between us, we have been elected to the federal and regional governments, we have served in the Cabinet and the Judiciary, and we have run a Constitutional Convention and a Wiki reform movement.

I promise that no matter what policy differences we may have, your concerns will be heard and taken into account if I am elected President. You are the largest and most diverse party, something that no one should or can ignore.

Thank you for your time. I would be happy to take any questions in this thread or by PM.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies