FL: Rick Scott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:33:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Rick Scott
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Rick Scott  (Read 1217 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2010, 08:30:46 AM »

Why has no one here mentioned that McCollum is quickly losing ground to Rick Scott?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »

Between Charlie Baker and Rick Scott, I have to wonder why anyone would think 2010 to be a great year to run a health care exec for office.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »

Between Charlie Baker and Rick Scott, I have to wonder why anyone would think 2010 to be a great year to run a health care exec for office.

Scott is pounding away at McCollum and no one is even mentioning it. Scott has some great ideas.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »

Scott is pounding away at McCollum and no one is even mentioning it. Scott has some great ideas.

If you mean like scamming the government and being charged with medicare fraud, then sure.
Or do you mean running the company that received the largest government fine in history?

Rick Scott is a real winner.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:25 AM »

To bad for you that has been disproved. But keep on supporting your lavender gov.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2010, 10:40:23 AM by East Coast Republican »

Rick Scott is a JERK.
He's a JERK because he's running ads back to back on tv all day long.  I even heard him on the radio the other day.  I can't escape this guy?  The first time I saw one of his ads a month ago I though 'Oh.  How cute.  He looks nice.  Maybe he is better than the AG.  I'll consider voting for him.'  

Now his ads annoy me.  He's obnoxious.  That's my real problem with him-his obnoxiousness in his commercials.  It also looks like he's trying to be someone else.   I just look at his face while he reads those rehearsed lines and...wow...

Yeah, this may seem irrational not to support another candidate because of his ads but he hasn't given me a real reason to desert McCollum and I don't like to be bothered repeatedly by politicians while I'm living my life.  If he wanted to boost his name recognition, a couple of ads wouldve helped but not this.  Don't have a heart attack StatesRights-Scott will have to do a lot more than run annoying ads to get me not to vote for him.

EDIT: Oh, and what's with making immigration his main issue?  I didn't know Florida was right next to Mexico.  I know we are one of the top states with illegals but the next Governor of FL should be on a relentless crusade for job creation strategies and all Scott does in his annoying ads is talk about immigration. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »

Maybe your two candidates will be in handcuffs next to Greer next. lol
East Coast Republican

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2010, 11:03:11 AM by East Coast Republican »

Maybe your two candidates will be in handcuffs next to Greer next. lol

You're as clueless as BRTD.  I'm voting for Rubio.

Oops I upset the fanboy because I along with many others find his amateur ads annoying
East Coast Republican

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2010, 12:15:13 PM by East Coast Republican »

This is going to make your day, StatesRights haha....I'm even smiling as I type this imagining your reaction and thinking about how McCollum is in deep trouble now.

Ok....ready?

Quinnipiac

Scott 44
McCollum 31

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1297.xml?ReleaseID=1462

It's funny I went on my jerk rant and then one day after that I saw something about McCollum that annoyed me a lot and put me back into the undecided column.  They both annoy me oh well.  I also got this over the top flyer in the mail from Scott...something with a test tube on the back saying FREEZE (stem cell research).  The dramatics are in line with what Rick Scott has been pulling.  Have to admit, Scott is running a campaign targeting the right on immigration and stem cell research while McCollum has done nothing.  It's like he's not even running a campaign but just a few negative attacks here and there.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »

My impression of McCollum is always going to be frozen in place by a headline on his Congressional election page in '98 or '00: "The war on drugs can be won!"

I'm not staking my ground on legalization, but the fact that he would pander in that particular direction long after it became an untenable position rubbed me the wrong way.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »

I love it how he accused McCollum of going negative in his latest ad, then turns right around and goes negative on McCollum. A hypocrite, but not as bad as some of the loons Republicans have been electing.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

McCollum is a perpetual loser. He's imploded before.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies