Can Fiorina be stopped?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:06:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can Fiorina be stopped?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Can Fiorina be stopped?  (Read 5739 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

??

Meek is the guy in the primary who has done none of those things.  His billionaire opponent is the culprit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2010, 11:26:48 AM »

Gramps, she has the worst biography of any senatorial candidate I've ever seen.  And I've seen a candidate who had Mike Tyson be the best man at his wedding, who was roommates with a leader of a famous prostitution ring, and who made his entire fortune off of betting against the housing bubble.

Any swing voter who becomes familiar with her in the course of the election will turn to Boxer.  People like Torie hate her because she's incompetent and she can't win.

Remember, not only did HP fire her (with a golden parachute), McCain's campaign fired her after she repeatedly made gaffes on the campaign trail (remember the one where she said McCain couldn't run a big company?).  She can't win, and people like Torie hate her because she's going to be a depressing site on the airwaves from now until November, where Boxer will be reelected.

I think that might be a stretch as far as what I've seen, but I don't recall my earlier post touting her as a god-send.....I think she sucks less than many, but she does suck.  I still stick by my dinner offer to Torie.

Apparently Lunar doesn't remember Alan Gold.

Or David Duke
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2010, 11:49:20 AM »

Didn't Duke take like 40% in one election?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »

1990 Senate election: 43.5%
1991 Gubernatorial election first round: 31.7%
1991 Gubernatorial election second round: 38.8%
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »

1990 Senate election: 43.5%
1991 Gubernatorial election first round: 31.7%
1991 Gubernatorial election second round: 38.8%
He was actually a member of the Louisiana House briefly as well:
1989 Special Election, Louisiana House of Representatives district 89: 50.7%
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »

Polls I believe are somewhat misleading for the senate race. It is hard to believe so many Republicans are willing to throw the race away by nominating Fiorina. Campbell has strong support among decline to state voters, some of whom will register Republican for tomorrow to vote for him. I will not give up hope for him just yet, remember Romney was several points ahead in the lead up to the presidential primary in California, but McCain ended up winning.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »

Polls I believe are somewhat misleading for the senate race. It is hard to believe so many Republicans are willing to throw the race away by nominating Fiorina. Campbell has strong support among decline to state voters, some of whom will register Republican for tomorrow to vote for him. I will not give up hope for him just yet, remember Romney was several points ahead in the lead up to the presidential primary in California, but McCain ended up winning.

Tonight's SUSA poll shows Campbell doing worse with DTS, than registered Republicans, with Carly at about 48% or something. It is over. Sad
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »

Romney only led in Zogby and ARG.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »

Tonight's SUSA poll shows Campbell doing worse with DTS, than registered Republicans, with Carly at about 48% or something. It is over. Sad

No, I refuse to admit its over unless polling proves correct tomorrow night.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2010, 01:26:41 AM »

J. J.'s rules apply here.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2010, 03:40:51 AM »

Subsample margin of error. Devore is in second place with about 27% of the vote. I don't think that is likely. That being said Fiorina is at least tying within this group and leading overwhelmingly amongst republicans. Indeed, it is over. Sad
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »

It's a real sad state of affairs. Fiorina is almost as bad as Boxer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies