They're everywhere!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:29:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  They're everywhere!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They're everywhere!  (Read 3401 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2004, 09:00:57 AM »

Looks like the Christians are trying to take over Thailand as well:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/31Oct2004_news01.php

Link requires registration, but the Bangkok Post is interesting. 

As I understand it Korea used to be a halfway decent country, but has been tainted by monotheism - some 40% lost to Christianity.  I suppose Thailand has been too good to last.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 12:38:34 PM »

Your bigotry towards Christianity is sick.

What the hell are they doing bothering Buddhists?!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 12:59:44 PM »

It's missionary work, people get to choose, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Its just sad when people choose that misery-causing insanity over their own harmless idiocy.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 01:07:08 PM »

Opebo, You are being a bigot and a hypocrite. You decry the supposed intolerance of Christians and practice it toward Christians.  And don't feel the need to come back with the predictable self satisfied retort on my account.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 01:44:24 PM »

Opebo, You are being a bigot and a hypocrite. You decry the supposed intolerance of Christians and practice it toward Christians.  And don't feel the need to come back with the predictable self satisfied retort on my account.

My retorts are entirely for my own enjoyment.  I'm intolerant of all intolerants. 
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 02:12:05 PM »

It's missionary work, people get to choose, I don't see what's wrong with that.

They get to choose between fake-converting and being pestered for the rest of their life Tongue

(Then again, you may convert a few.  Which is cool.  I guess.  I don't really like the Mormon Church*)

*But individual Mormons may be cool Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 02:31:15 PM »

I thought this thread was about Christians, not Mormons.  Wink
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 05:18:56 PM »

I have studied this quite a bit, and I am totally convinced.  There is no doubt in my mind at all.  The Catholic Church in particular and Christian religion in general are two of the prime hubs of ultimate evil on the planet.

It's not just the ubiquitous raping of young boys.  It's not the dogma of intollerence and brutal repression; it is the entire distortion of Jesus' teachings for avaricious, earthly gains.  “We sell salvation.”  Christianity is responsible for the majority of child abuse, spousal abuse, misogyny and warfare on the planet.

I hold the Christians to be the most intolerant, judgmental, un-Christlike people that I have ever had the misfortune to interact with.

freedomburns

(Sorry Fresh, I am not trying to piss you off.  This is my honest opinion.  This is the truth from my perspective.)
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 05:29:27 PM »

I have studied this quite a bit, and I am totally convinced.  There is no doubt in my mind at all.  The Catholic Church in particular and Christian religion in general are two of the prime hubs of ultimate evil on the planet.

It's not just the ubiquitous raping of young boys.  It's not the dogma of intollerence and brutal repression; it is the entire distortion of Jesus' teachings for avaricious, earthly gains.  “We sell salvation.”  Christianity is responsible for the majority of child abuse, spousal abuse, misogyny and warfare on the planet.

I hold the Christians to be the most intolerant, judgmental, un-Christlike people that I have ever had the misfortune to interact with.

freedomburns

(Sorry Fresh, I am not trying to piss you off.  This is my honest opinion.  This is the truth from my perspective.)

Freedomburns makes a very good point.

The whole Christian establishment, churches, priests, etc. should be in no way affiliated with Christ.

Can someone remind me what made the Pope so godly anyways?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 06:01:31 PM »

freedomburns

Freedomburns makes a very good point.

The whole Christian establishment, churches, priests, etc. should be in no way affiliated with Christ.

Can someone remind me what made the Pope so godly anyways?

You have got to accentuate the negative.  Eliminate the positive. 
Clear distortions, exaggerations and lies.  I am not in the mood to argue with bigots right now. So enjoy your misguided, ill-informed opinions.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 06:06:01 PM »

I don't have any problems with missionaries, or even the people who come to my door, as long as they leave when I ask them to. If people want to convert others, they should show them the positives of their religion, not go after them with the "you're going to Hell if you don't listen to me!" stuff. That turns people off more than anything.

The only thing that bothers me about the people who do this sort of work is that some of them are unable to comprehend that people may disagree with them without being ignorant. However, I admire those who do not hold this belief.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 06:15:52 PM »

They get to choose between fake-converting and being pestered for the rest of their life Tongue

My point being, they don't have to convert though, they get to choose what they want. I would think liberals would be pro-choice on this issue. Smiley

(Then again, you may convert a few.  Which is cool.  I guess.  I don't really like the Mormon Church*)

*But individual Mormons may be cool Smiley

lol, ok vern, what don't you like about it? (may regret this question, AND IT'S ONLY TO VERN!)

It looks like people have ignored your order to not discuss it other than me Smiley

Anyway, I shall respond later.  I have to go to a birthday party, and I think my post may be long enough to make me late! Smiley
Rixtex
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 06:52:11 PM »

Here's what you should be more concerned about in Thailand:

October 29, 2004: Islamic militants are gaining ground among the Moslem minority in southern Thailand. On October 25th, two thousand young men demonstrated outside a police station in southern Thailand, demanding that six men be released. The police responded by arresting 1,300 of the demonstrators. After the arrested men were stuffed into trucks and police vans, 78 died of suffocation or heat related ailments. On the 28th, two bombs went off in the south, killing two and wounding 38. In the last week, violence in the south has killed 89 and wounded several hundred. So far this year, the religious and political violence in the south has left over 400 dead. The reasons for the violence are many. The Moslem population is a minority in Thailand, and feel more affinity for neighboring Malaysia (which is mostly Moslem.) But the south of Thailand is also less wealthy and economically developed than the rest of the country. This, along with the development of many criminal gangs (specializing in smuggling drugs and other goods, as well extortion and robbery.) The government has tried to use economic development projects to quiet things down, but the recent deaths has increased the anti-government feelings, and the number of people willing to use violence against the government and non-Moslems.

Christians may be proselytising, but they're not killing their neighbors.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 10:59:45 AM »

All religion likely leads to some form of evil act, but most religions also lead to good things. Personally I don't really understand having faith in something that you can't prove, though I guess that's why it's called faith, but I feel it's the right of everyone to make their own decision in the matter. I think religion is likely on the decline in the world, or at least the U.S., not a growing problem. Religion itself isn't a problem anyways, though I don't think law should be used to force religious beliefs and practices on others.

Religion isn't the problem anyways, opebo. The problem is and always have been jerks and the stupid people who follow them. If the jerks didn't use religion as their tool, they'd use something else, and the stupid people would still agree with them.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 11:50:38 AM »

freedomburns

Well said as usual freedomburns.  But personally I find the Muslims even worse - just not quite as globally influential.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 07:44:12 PM »

Looks like the Christians are trying to take over Thailand as well:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/31Oct2004_news01.php

Link requires registration, but the Bangkok Post is interesting. 

As I understand it Korea used to be a halfway decent country, but has been tainted by monotheism - some 40% lost to Christianity.  I suppose Thailand has been too good to last.

you
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 04:05:35 PM »

An interesting thing about the Opebo's defect to the Democrats is that he has totally stopped his previous support to the super-aggressive imperialistic kill-them-all foreign politics like "we should take back the Middle East oil" and "let's nuke Tehran."

I can understand this. Worst thing which could happen to Opebo was USA occupation in Thailand. Christians everywhere! suburbia and American food!

freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2004, 06:07:44 AM »

Religion is the opiate of the masses.  It is the equivalent of superstition.  It is for the weak-minded and for those who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. 

fb
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2004, 06:46:30 AM »

Religion is the opiate of the masses.  It is the equivalent of superstition.  It is for the weak-minded and for those who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. 

fb

You are right winger now then?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 08:18:56 AM »

An interesting thing about the Opebo's defect to the Democrats is that he has totally stopped his previous support to the super-aggressive imperialistic kill-them-all foreign politics like "we should take back the Middle East oil" and "let's nuke Tehran."

I can understand this. Worst thing which could happen to Opebo was USA occupation in Thailand. Christians everywhere! suburbia and American food!

Um, I still like the idea of killing off all the Muslims, its just that it dawned on me that the Christians are even more dangerous.  My agressive foreign policy stance was always anti-religious, I've just broadened that to include the Enemy Within.

As for Thailand, I fear it will soon be 'occupied', if not politically, at least culturally, with all the miserable aspects of the US - prudery, bad food, poor architectural layout.  On the bright side Republican policies are making the lower classes in America so poor I can actually have a bit of fun for about the same price back home as here! Wink
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 08:27:02 AM »

A PD-esque response. Excellent. I am glad to see that his disciples still walk the Earth. Speaking of PD, if you check his profile, you will note that it was last active on June 27th.

All Hail PD and may all live by his motto - " you"
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2004, 08:10:06 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2004, 08:16:23 PM by J. J. »

My retorts are entirely for my own enjoyment.  I'm intolerant of all intolerants. 

Bopeepbo, you are obviously a self hating individual that needs psychological help.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2004, 08:28:18 PM »

It's okay. If I was him, I'm sure I'd hate myself too.
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2004, 10:20:22 AM »

I'm surprised to hear so many people worshipping the church over God.

I refuse to convert myself until these people get it right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies